Commonwealth Bank Series

You know what I meant, Andrew!

I meant as a contest. If you lose a warm up game it's not exactly catastrophic.

stevie said:
Who says we will? I can't believe you're thinking like that, despite winning our last three ODI's against Australia!

let's fae it we don't have a good record in warm up games though. I still think we'll win the world cup but we shouldn't be playing them when they are looking for revenge and desperate to make an early impression although we might be the same i suppose. depends on what team we pick

You think what?

Englands form has been fantastic in the last few games but what's the biggest point you've learnt about supporting England?

Never expect anything.

England fans should be excited heading into the WC. Still without the likes of Vaughan, Pieterson, Lewis and Anderson. Although their form did come out of the air, they will be no easy ducks but Australia are probably hoping for a rematch after the comments Buchanan made.

The last team you want to play before the world cup is the favourites and holders. If we do lose big it could deflate our players but i still think we will win. KP and Freddie will perform when the time for a perfomance is needed. And captain Vaughan will score his first 100 in the final against Australia (i wish). I am still the only person who has been saying we would win since '04 though :p

We have a chance, nothing less, nothing more.

We have to find that balance early, I don't see a space for JD imo. 2 spinners in the Carribean would be like standing on a knife edge.

I have to agree Sureshot. Although I would keep JD there in and around the squad as he is an invaluable asset. Especially in England. I would bring KP in for JD and swap Mahmood with Anderson for the World Cup. I wouldn't bring Vaughan back, decent captain but doesn't offer enough at the top of the order for me. We would be better going in with Loye, especially with the generally shorter boundaries in the Carribean. And he has great potential I think with a run in the side.

Vaughan is a useless ODI batsmen and we managed to win the CB series without his captaincy. Save him for test matches where he can score a few runs

Sureshot said:
We have a chance, nothing less, nothing more.

We have to find that balance early, I don't see a space for JD imo. 2 spinners in the Carribean would be like standing on a knife edge.
If you can fit in 2 spinners on the Aussie pitches, there is no reason why they cannot fit into the scheme of things for the slower/lower pitches of the Caribbean.

Of all the Carribean wickets, only Barbados and Jamaica may be on the quicker side.

I think Loye's a useless batsman; even more so then Vaughan. His techinque is built for the sweep shot or the pullshot and he'll get a coverdrive away once every so often. His no better a batsman then Vaughan and Vaughan's captaincy is a must in the England side.

BTW, shouldn't all these posts be going into the WC thread?

Users who are viewing this thread