Computer date/time keeps changing

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
This morning it was in 2007...

That's got to be the motherboard's battery, yeah? So the question is, what sort of battery do I need to get to replace it?

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-P35-S3

Last edited:

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Well, the system didn't like it. All websites displayed the 'untrusted connection' message. ;) Now I've changed the date/time myself, everything's back to normal.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
My PC is a desktop PC so this won't be much of an issue - but what about a laptop's motherboard battery?

Then again, that site you linked to seems to reckon that changing the battery isn't as simple as it sounds.

3ow6p0.jpg

This is a screenshot of my motherboard:

2ec5626ceb779f8ebefc83eb4c9e2853.jpg

Looks like my battery has the lateral tab, so shouldn't be a problem.

Edit: What do you make of this?

If your computer is losing its time or date settings, or you are receiving a message CMOS Read Error, CMOS checksum error, or CMOS Battery Failure, first try leaving the computer on for 24-hours. In some cases this can charge the battery and resolve your issue. This often resolves CMOS battery related issues when a computer has been left off for several months. QUOTE]

Last edited:

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
How old is your motherboard? These batteries can die out over time or due to some other fault.

You just need to hit the lever next to the round coin-like cell and it'll come out. Just push the new one there; it'll lock with the lever. It is simpler than what it seems.

zeustrojanstark

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
First check for the status of Windows Time and restart the same.Check if that makes any difference.
a.Click Start, type services.msc and hit ENTER.
b.Locate Windows Time.
c.Right-click and select Restart.

Other way:
Click on the clock and choose "Change date and time settings..."

Click the "Internet Time" tab. Is it set up to synchronize the time with time.windows.com? If it is, try unchecking that box, saving the settings, and restarting to see if that fixes your problem. If it isn't checked already, try checking it and making sure its set to time.windows.com.

Users who are viewing this thread