Cricket 19 - AI experiences

gideon_swrd

Club Captain
I didn't want to go through 350+ pages of the general discussion thread to figure this out, and I also presume many others on this forum would be interested in learning about the AI improvements in the final release, after BA specifically called out improvements to it..

so my question is: for those who have purchased the game so far, can you please shed light on the AI improvements over Ashes cricket?

Topics include: AI batting awareness of situation (when setting a target or chasing), bowling changes, changes in line/length/type of deliveries, field placements etc.

Thanks

I didn't want to go through 350+ pages of the general discussion thread to figure this out, and I also presume many others on this forum would be interested in learning about the AI improvements in the final release, after BA specifically called out improvements to it..

so my question is: for those who have purchased the game so far, can you please shed light on the AI improvements over Ashes cricket?

Topics include: AI batting awareness of situation (when setting a target or chasing), bowling changes, changes in line/length/type of deliveries, field placements etc.

Thanks

I play on Medium batting, Easy bowling, fully assisted fielding. So far on 1st Test in Ashes, playing as England against Australia.

So far I am liking the AI, I scored 250 or so on a grassy pitch they scored 220 in reply, so the balance seems really good for me so far.

The AI strikes the ball very nicely, variety of shots. The good players play well eg S. Smith, D Warner

There was one bad AI run out, I uploaded it to my Xbox feed

Thanks! What about the shorter formats - is the AI pacing itself properly based on the match situation?

In my experience of career mode so far they still have a tendency to block your players bowling and play and miss every other ball then smash the AI at 10+ an over when you sim if they need to.

Thanks! What about the shorter formats - is the AI pacing itself properly based on the match situation?

Skills and attributes and perks are quite important. The aggressive players will get after you, less aggressive ones maybe could be a bit more urgent

Played one T20 Vs Australia in Gabba in a Hard pitch.
They made 159 in 20 overs and in return bowled me out for 149 in 19.3.

AI paced the innings well with mostly aerial shots bowled tight channels when bowler is in rhythm.
Field placements were not excellent but way better than Ashes. Couple of wickets they got only because of the change in field and bowling according to it.

My experience so far.
In career mode, i only bat. I dont seem to chasing crazy score like 500+ all the time in FC or like over 200 in T20. Getting score like 230, 340 etc in FC, odi around the same as FC and T20 around 150 mark.

Also started the Test Championship playing as one team(lol something close to a Team career mode ) . I have bowl and batted.
Seem balance to me and can't really explain the feeling. Plus it is only the first innings. Would see how the whole match goes and post up the score card.

I mostly play Career mode, in Big Ants cricket. But if this feeling continue may end up playing more Test Championship.

In Test Championship, is it like round robin type (where each team play other team twice) or 2 Tier system (2 league system)?

Is all the game played in one nation or in different countries/continents??

Yeah as Blocker said, finally, we have a game where the sliders they put in the game all seem to do something.

I'm not sure if they play to the match situation yet. I'd love to see a situation where they hang on for a draw, but I haven't got to that stage of testing yet. Any joy @blockerdave ?

Yeah as Blocker said, finally, we have a game where the sliders they put in the game all seem to do something.

I'm not sure if they play to the match situation yet. I'd love to see a situation where they hang on for a draw, but I haven't got to that stage of testing yet. Any joy @blockerdave ?

same, i haven't yet. might set up a scenario for it...

Oh and if you want to stop AI spinners ripping the ball in all directions, turn down the special ball skill and get rid of any perks that allude to turning the ball both ways. Seemed to help me.

Oh and if you want to stop AI spinners ripping the ball in all directions, turn down the special ball skill and get rid of any perks that allude to turning the ball both ways. Seemed to help me.

Or wait just a little while.... ;)[DOUBLEPOST=1559122931][/DOUBLEPOST]

Something that’s being worked on.. fiddly.

Or wait just a little while.... ;)[DOUBLEPOST=1559122931][/DOUBLEPOST]

Something that’s being worked on.. fiddly.

It cannot be easy but I would love to be involved in the testing if it gets to a build.

The idea of when to bat for the draw and when to chase. But what about guys like a Kevin Pietersen who would still play their shots, versus an Atherton in getting the draw. Then getting the close fielders in.

For once I feel we have the base sorted, we haven't gone backwards, and the possibilities are very exciting.

The perks are amazing, I even feel someone like Mitchell Starc when batting, likes to get forward and drive, whereas Handscomb hangs back. Stunning.

Last edited:
It cannot be easy but I would love to be involved in the testing if it gets to a build.

The idea of when to bat for the draw and when to chase. But what about guys like a Kevin Pietersen who would still play their shots, versus an Atherton in getting the draw. Then getting the close fielders in.

For once I feel we have the base sorted, we haven't gone backwards, and

Possibilities are endless that’s for sure and very complex.

But I agree I have never been as immersed in a game like this before and normally after all the testing I’m burnt out.

Iv spent a good 8-10 hours after last two days helping with fields and testing and I think there’s some v good stuff coming regarding that.

General feel now. Is take stock. Don’t rush. Identify what HAS to be fixed. Then look at progressing. (From what I’m gathering)

Users who are viewing this thread