Cricket 19 General Discussion

A similar thing happens to me in career mode. Lots of short balls, field changing several times in an over and the bowler regularly swapping from coming over or around the wicket.

this has happened to me in a lot of modes. lots of bouncers, even from precise/balanced bowlers, and this in turn gives up lots of extras. lots of switching over/around, and odd fields. it's the one bum note in the game in the moment.

First Impression.

One day Match- SAF VS Eng (AI)
AI -75/5 (20 overs)

1) Great game and wonderful graphics
2 ) Animations much smoother
3) Bowling is so good. I just want to keep bowling all day
4) Spinners finally have a say ! Love the rip and turn they get off the wicket. Had Morgan bowled with beautiful googly ripping his middle playing the wrong line against Tahir.
5) Good to see some near misses off the stumps
6) Awesome to see licensed grounds.
7) Community work has always been the best part of all BA Games. Some of the stuff people do is just mind boggling spending hours and hours of their personal free time for the entire community to enjoy.

I am hoping AI puts in a decent total for me to chase and hope that I can chase it too considering this is new tactical AI that I will have to face! I personally see this game giving me more longevity playing AI alone.

I will like to thank BA and the Testing team to get the game to where it is now.

I sincerely hope we can fix some of the issues raised by the experts in the game. I would personally love to see the Stats tracking issue fixed as this is the most important part of the game which was nailed in BA 14 along with the thermal showing white background.

All in all it will 9/10 game for me

Last edited:
oh ok, sorry. dry pitch, medium hardness.

Yeah same for me on my career mode game. Lots of wild bouncers resulting in extras. Dry medium pitch.

The bounce generally feels ok on the pitch. Good length balls clip the top of off stump and some bouncers are well directed and head height...but it's almost as if the bowler bangs one in super short and it just keeps rising.

View attachment 221520 This was given out.

1. Bowler knocked the bails off with his face.

2. Batsman is quite clearly in.

3. Umpire isn’t even bloody looking.

That’s the Xbox version for you.

Lol I was given out as soon as I hit a six and the batsman walked into the stumps. The crazy part is the wicket fallen wasn’t acknowledged as they were too busy talking about the six and all of the sudden a new batsmen is walking out. I was pissed. Xbox needs a patch!!

Do you remember what the field looked like? Did the field stay in place or chopped and changed?
Yes I do. The field was alternating between 2 types. Would change once in an over or not at all. Type 1 had fielders spread inside the inner circle. The other type was the same but with fielders at deep fine leg, deep square leg and I guess third man.

On Nintendo Switch.
Game crashes every 1-3 Overs in Play Now mode and Every 2-3 Balls on Career mode.
I cant play the game, it keeps crashing.
Anyone else experiencing this?
I bought it digitally off the UK nintendo eshop.

Anyone having issues with the game crashing on PS4? My one has crashed 3 times now in the last few days. Latest error occured midway of recording world cup match! So frustrating!

Well missed launch day yesterday through domestic emergency but bought game today. So glad I’ve upgraded from Ashes Cricket. Have always enjoyed the series since Don Bradman but boy this is something else game play wise. A massive step up. Visuals, presentation - yeah I thought - very nice and very welcome but has the gameplay become smoother, less glitchy and more “clever”. Well so far I’d have to say a massive YES! Every attempt at getting the batsman out while bowling actually feels like it needs to be earned now. It’s a grassy pitch at Lord’s so of course I bowled first - currently 112 for 1 against Australia at lunch. Boy have I had to work hard even for that! Any ball off line badly punished as it would be at International level. Lots of lovely little touches have added to the feel of “proper” cricket - even the cherry marks on the bat after a few overs. The highlights package at the lunch interval was just awesome (even if it meant I had to watch me getting hit all over the ground at times!). Best cricket game “feel” wise I’ve ever played and I’ve played a huge number of incarnations over the years. Well done Big Ant for a hugely more polished product this time round!

Really liking so far. Shame the random wrong shot glitch is still in the game. So I will go to slog sweep/hook, and I'll play a reverse sweep/cut and the ball will go to the leg side, with the power of a hook/slog sweep. There's only so many times you can pass it off in your head as a 'mistimed shot' if it goes for 6!

Really liking so far. Shame the random wrong shot glitch is still in the game. So I will go to slog sweep/hook, and I'll play a reverse sweep/cut and the ball will go to the leg side, with the power of a hook/slog sweep. There's only so many times you can pass it off in your head as a 'mistimed shot' if it goes for 6!
What, that aberration of a shot is still there? I am reading so many positive things about the game. I am sure these smaller niggles can be ironed out with patches.

wondering how is the fielding side of things in this game? any of the eyesores of ashes still there?

things like
1. fielder sliding over the boundary
2. fielders jogging to the ball and then deciding to let it go or standing and watching it go by only a few feet away
3. the loopy throwing

Users who are viewing this thread