Cricket 19 General Discussion

Alberts

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Oh righto so what are those “some sales tak of improvement” are they that insignificant?

I don’t have all day or the energy (memory) to counter that... but I do know from past experiences the game tends to be better and better each time, alas to know to take your “statement”as a grain of salt...

Please don’t vague in your response @Alberts

You say that "games tend to be better and better each time", but each game they've released has tended to be buggier, and launch with more serious bugs. People have dissected those to death already, but simple points like advertised features not even functioning even once all the patches have been released renders any point about "but they've at least given a blurb" moot. Hell, issues like the length issue in bowling have now persisted for two versions, and I'd argue that on that front, half the game is worse than DBC at this point.

They have a history of these kinds of issues, so actually seeing something should be a minimum. That's before even remembering that it is genre standard for such gameplay footage to be in the wild for at least a month before release, if not longer.

Given they've been able to have their Tim Tam party over at Lords, they clearly have the ability to give us that footage though, they just aren't, and it's very suspicious as to why.

I really want to like BigAnt, I really want them to succeed, and I would say that my posting history supports that. What I'm worried about though is that this pattern of behaviour from them is not conducive to this, and is making them look less trust worthy by the version. This is the kind of behaviour you see from a company producing Ashes 2013, not from a company ready to go with a game that's properly QA tested. Who knows, maybe they just like secrecy and the game will be awesome; we can but hope.

TheHairyGamer88

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Given they've been able to have their Tim Tam party over at Lords, they clearly have the ability to give us that footage though, they just aren't, and it's very suspicious as to why.

Not sure why it is suspicious. If there was any issue or problem with how it is going, they wouldn't have been too keen to show the media either. You know, the ones who write articles more people read than come on here and write the reviews some people consider before buying.

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Not sure why it is suspicious. If there was any issue or problem with how it is going, they wouldn't have been too keen to show the media either. You know, the ones who write articles more people read than come on here and write the reviews some people consider before buying.
Was there any review article about the game on that media day ? I couldn’t find anything so far ?? I mean it’s been a week since that media day.

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
May be ECB would have asked asked some fine tuning the game in some aspects. It’s just a guess, may be some other reason.

Again speculating these things without any source info or news gonna jus bring frustration and negative thoughts which is not going to help. Better just to leave it here and talk something else other than release news

Last edited:

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
In the attempt to bring the topic back to Cricket. The requested feature of wearing a cap should be allowed only while a spinners/slow med pacers are bowling in tandem. The option should be disabled (May be while choosing by pressing UP Arrow ⬆️) while Fast pacers are bowling.

Hope the feature is implemented in first place.

Last edited:

TheHairyGamer88

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Was there any review article about the game on that media day ? I couldn’t find anything so far ?? I mean it’s been a week since that media day.

No, not yet. But first impressions tend to last. If there were major issues with the game, the press would now know about that and it would hurt what they have to say about the game when they can and do talk about it. My point is that if they showed the media, I highly doubt there is any reason to think it is suspicious that the public haven't seen it yet.

Big Ant don't owe us anything. They don't HAVE to show us anything at any time just because people here want it so there must be a negative reason they haven't.

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
You say that "games tend to be better and better each time", but each game they've released has tended to be buggier, and launch with more serious bugs. People have dissected those to death already, but simple points like advertised features not even functioning even once all the patches have been released renders any point about "but they've at least given a blurb" moot. Hell, issues like the length issue in bowling have now persisted for two versions, and I'd argue that on that front, half the game is worse than DBC at this point.

They have a history of these kinds of issues, so actually seeing something should be a minimum. That's before even remembering that it is genre standard for such gameplay footage to be in the wild for at least a month before release, if not longer.

I really want to like BigAnt, I really want them to succeed, and I would say that my posting history supports that. What I'm worried about though is that this pattern of behaviour from them is not conducive to this, and is making them look less trust worthy by the version. This is the kind of behaviour you see from a company producing Ashes 2013, not from a company ready to go with a game that's properly QA tested. Who knows, maybe they just like secrecy and the game will be awesome; we can but hope.
Nah, don't agree at all. I seriously think, they wouldn't have held the event at Lords if they were 'scared' to show off what they have.

That comparison with Ashes 2013 is horrendous, and though it is not even worth discussing, Ashes 2013 didn't have a trailer, nor any media event. It was just a disgusting memory that just needs to be erased from the crowd's mind. For me that disgusting game was the reason why DBC 14 had to be delayed.

Only thing I'd say is, that I am a bit restless that we have nothing in terms of how it looks in game, and this is the longest we have been without it ever since DBC 14. Now the release date is anyway less than 4 weeks. So we will know soon anyway.

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
In the attempt to bring the topic back to Cricket. The requested feature of wearing a cap should be allowed only while a spinners/slow med pacers are bowling in tandem. The option should be disabled (May be while choosing by pressing UP Arrow ⬆️) while Fast pacers are bowling.

Nah, should be able to wear a cap in any instance. Peak alpha male and a power move which I want to get around.

Parcelmoose

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
England

The big issue with helmet-less batting is that English professional cricketers have to wear a helmet. The ECB could have an issue with it being in the game.

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
The big issue with helmet-less batting is that English professional cricketers have to wear a helmet. The ECB could have an issue with it being in the game.
Yeah but when we play retro games, we should bat either without helmet or helmet with open faced no grills

LittleBigPlanet

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Why not just an invisible option for the grill? That shouldn’t ruffle any feathers..

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Could be, since the only helmet less picture we get is when Root scores a hundred, in the screenshots!

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Batting with a baggy is true aesthetic of a world class batsman. Automatically adds 5 to the average
The Australian Baggy is quite special, looks classier when Batting[DOUBLEPOST=1557138253][/DOUBLEPOST]Any people who only visit this thread, do check out the 'Looking Forward To' thread by @Dutch and the 'Scenario Mode Looking Forward To' by @Snowy ! Very nice threads and fun.

Users who are viewing this thread