Cricket 19 General Discussion

Yeah. To sell to the people outside this forum I hope they release a good trailer explaining the features of the game, how realistically they have prepared this game close the actual game itself. Also touching upon how they have improved from Ashes (because this can give a lot of hope for future iteration of cricket games by BA and attract new set of customers for them)

Yeah. To sell to the people outside this forum I hope they release a good trailer explaining the features of the game, how realistically they have prepared this game close the actual game itself. Also touching upon how they have improved from Ashes (because this can give a lot of hope for future iteration of cricket games by BA and attract new set of customers for them)
Exactly because I got friends and family and they have not even heard of C19 yet, A trailer is really important but I think Big Ants knows more than us when it comes to promotion.

Exactly because I got friends and family and they have not even heard of C19 yet, A trailer is really important but I think Big Ants knows more than us when it comes to promotion.
They've already shown amazing intent, by having an academy this time. Which is awesome and useful. They definitely know better.

They've already shown amazing intent, by having an academy this time. Which is awesome and useful. They definitely know better.
I dont know about yall but i think big ants promotion is awfull they are holding themselves back. 17 days left and we havent even seen a actual gameplay trailer.

But they have released a fully functioning academy that is free and playable. That's not my impression of holding back.
I agree but thats just for pc.. there are alot of console players who play big ant cricket games.

Just got it on my Laptop, first time not on my Main PC, which isn't working for now.

Had to lower the settings, as my laptop is mostly meant for University, and not powerful, but still I am enjoying it.

The shot making, the fluidity. The pro cam for bowling is fantastic. I use classic controls always. It looks like such a good demo, perfect for anyone wanting to try out the game for release, although they should in the future have a demo for console as well (which I think is a bit more complex to put in).

So, approx. 20 days for the game to fully release on Consoles. I think community can make a lot out of those 20 days, and Steam Users can enjoy the game a bit earlier through demo, then wait some time for the full release after the consoles.

Just so happy to see the game's progress, hoping for 28th May to be sooner.

I'm thinking of trying to get it on laptop. Does it need a console controller? I don't have a wired controller! Or should I just wait for Xbox release date?

Reactions: DAP
I'm thinking of trying to get it on laptop. Does it need a console controller? I don't have a wired controller! Or should I just wait for Xbox release date?
You can run the academy without a controller, like you can see community creations and etc. You can't play training mode though, batting or bowling, that needs a controller.

But they have released a fully functioning academy that is free and playable. That's not my impression of holding back.
Agree with this, definitely not holding back. As far as community acknowledgement goes, they've done so quite freely by giving the academy to the public!

Also, a trailer just before release date, is actually not negative in anyway, kind of makes sense to release the trailer and reach hype, also with the fact that game is out so soon.

Just my opinion. I am happy with what BA is doing, they probably know much better as they've been through quite a few games, and a lot of them being cricket games. I trust them!

Agree with this, definitely not holding back. As far as community acknowledgement goes, they've done so quite freely by giving the academy to the public!

Also, a trailer just before release date, is actually not negative in anyway, kind of makes sense to release the trailer and reach hype, also with the fact that game is out so soon.

Just my opinion. I am happy with what BA is doing, they probably know much better as they've been through quite a few games, and a lot of them being cricket games. I trust them!

Agreed, whilst I still feel they left it all a bit late, they certainly aren't holding back for the most part now. I do think some kind of demo of actual match play (as opposed to just batting or bowling) would also be helpful, but that's never been part of their system, and given that to do so they'd need to release a demo that's potentially modable in ways that would lead to lost sales (the PES series have faced this in the past with modders changing match length, team options, etc), that's perfectly understandable.

It's just the time that they took to get to this point was causing concern, but now that it's all here, I'm satisfied for the moment. Hell, releasing the full database ready to edit stands alone in the industry, they're the only company that I know that does this, and that alone should be commended that they're still doing it.

I also agree not holding back, but I think for those few people out there who don’t have access to download the demo or come on a forum like this, it could be seen as a misstep by BA. Atleast a misstep not to release some pre release gameplay Eng vs Aus etc. I personally have no issue with not seeing a trailer as I love seeing all the academy videos and stuff gets me hyped, as I sure it does for most people on here. However for those who don’t care for all that stuff and just want to play the game or see gameplay, could be annoying to have to wait for something.
What I would love to see is a good promo video featuring Mikey and Ross talking all about it, that usually gets me up and about lol.. But big ant know what there doing so we just leave all the promotional stuff up to them.

Reactions: DAP
Players look better but some of the stadium/texture work is shoddy at best. They've really not improved those over the years. The pitch in the demo is just a big blurry mess.

Players look better but some of the stadium/texture work is shoddy at best. They've really not improved those over the years. The pitch in the demo is just a big blurry mess.
That’s why it’s a demo, they have time to hopefully fix all that stuff. But to me that stuff isn’t important if the gameplay is terrible. All I can say is, from what I’ve seen so far and from there previous games, the gameplay has been pretty good. Which is all that matters to me.

Agreed, whilst I still feel they left it all a bit late, they certainly aren't holding back for the most part now. I do think some kind of demo of actual match play (as opposed to just batting or bowling) would also be helpful, but that's never been part of their system, and given that to do so they'd need to release a demo that's potentially modable in ways that would lead to lost sales (the PES series have faced this in the past with modders changing match length, team options, etc), that's perfectly understandable.

It's just the time that they took to get to this point was causing concern, but now that it's all here, I'm satisfied for the moment. Hell, releasing the full database ready to edit stands alone in the industry, they're the only company that I know that does this, and that alone should be commended that they're still doing it.
Absolutely. Your second paragraph is spot on, one thing that everyone supports them for is the creative control they give the user itself in the game, if we can't get all teams licensed at least we can get the best possible by community creations. That's just enhanced by the use of playface!

Users who are viewing this thread