Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

caprikaps

Club Captain
It’s become easier to score in the ODI’s regardless of the pitch. I’m using

AI
Legend
bowing quality - 100

Batting
Foot placement - 75
Timing difficulty - 80
Ideal input power - 10

Physics:
Max pace 70
Pace speed 60
Short force 42

I just played a match where AI (NZ) scored 361 and I fell short by 30 runs as I ran out of partnership with 4 overs to spare. Though it was an enjoyable ride, first getting hammered all over the ground and then making the AI pay, but still I’m a big fan of low scoring games.

any suggestions to make it more competitive?

jmarcf

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
I've been into second season in the current career. Selected into state team. Never has experienced this.
I'm playing a English career and I think it's got to do with changing the season. Can you try playing a limited over game in winter?

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Downloaded some Indian players from the Cricket Academy and crafted some own for the Pakistan side and just played my first game on Cricket 22 between the two sides, a T20 contest in Kolkata. I played as Pakistan. It was a wonderful first game. Still want to get in Pant and some other original Indian players. I live streamed it. You can watch the game here:

Part 1:

Part 2:

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
It’s become easier to score in the ODI’s regardless of the pitch. I’m using

AI
Legend
bowing quality - 100

Batting
Foot placement - 75
Timing difficulty - 80
Ideal input power - 10

Physics:
Max pace 70
Pace speed 60
Short force 42

I just played a match where AI (NZ) scored 361 and I fell short by 30 runs as I ran out of partnership with 4 overs to spare. Though it was an enjoyable ride, first getting hammered all over the ground and then making the AI pay, but still I’m a big fan of low scoring games.

any suggestions to make it more competitive?

Came here to post the same thing except I find batting quite hard, mainly due to offside shots being dog shit and and I'm playing on MEDIUM for batting...can't play late cut vs spinner just goes into keepers hands. Anyway the main thing I wanted to post is that I've been doing some testing in ODI games and it seems like I'm playing the same match regardless of pitch condition, overall difficulty, bowling difficulty, or any other adjustment to sliders you can think of. For reference I play bowling easy input arcade style and I've tested Legend, Veteran, Pro in 50 over matchups and it's literally the same game.

The AI will score at a run a ball no matter what and good luck keeping them under a score of 300, I'm bowling with easy bowling so all my balls are ideal input and jump doesn't really matter what line you bowl as they will find a way to maintain this run rate with a slog to legside to a ball pitched on the practice wicket offside. ODIs aren't really fun at all due to this and also wickets seem to fall at a predictable time they always lose 2 wickets in the first 15 give or take. In DBC14 I was getting games ranging from 150 all out to 350 when bowling to AI.

This repetitive style play kills the game for me as every total since I've got the game has been in the 300 range, lowest I got was 250. Would tinkering with batsmen abilities and perks do anything or would it just result in us getting only low scoring games?

Plotinus

Associate Captain
Do sliders effect Career Mode? I find that bowling leg spin most stuff goes over the stumps unless pitched at yorker length. In Cricket 19 you used to be able to adjust the length a bit with L1/R1...but that seem to have been removed for Cricket 22...but can't find a way to adjust sliders in Career Mode to compensate.

In other news, some interesting boundary fielding. Really, they don't seem to care...

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I got beautiful cover drive with Virat . I can't understand why some are complaining about offside play. Main issue in test matches is, Left hand batter even hitting consecutive 4 boundaries to leg side of Right Hand bowler, AI is not changing the field set and putting only one fielder.

Harigoks

County Cricketer
I got beautiful cover drive with Virat . I can't understand why some are complaining about offside play. Main issue in test matches is, Left hand batter even hitting consecutive 4 boundaries to leg side of Right Hand bowler, AI is not changing the field set and putting only one fielder.
You don't have to. It's a know issue that you can't cut or cover drive between the fielders. No one is making things up. If the game is missing something it's reported. This shot can be played without any fuss but there are few other shots on offside thats bust.

ashar rizwan

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The game crashes significantly. It crashed not once, twice or thrice but 10 times. I'm planning to delete this off my library. I'm giving up though!
Is Southampton (ageas bowl) crashing , please check and let me know, i my game crash on load screen when I select ageas bowl stadium ..

Arctic_Wolf

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England

Different platforms & different patch versions present different bugs & glitches dude!!! It's not rocket science to work that one out ;).

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
@gkvarma18 its not about hitting beautiful drive, I've hit beautiful cover drive in this game too it's the fact that it always goes to the same place and it even goes there when you input late/square cut shots not a 100% but enough for it to make batting a really bad experience. We are saying if we input the shot to a certain area it should come out exactly as we input... Also straight drives are broken

EDIT: Also a lot of you are playing test matches where the fields are a lot different and open to ODI games so you probably feel scoring is more open.

Last edited:

OJP92

School Cricketer
I'm actually enjoying the game a lot. I only play career mode which has its bugs but that's expected. However, I'm a leg spinning all rounder and I'm rated 71 overall and I have not spun a single ball. Every single ball goes on with the arm. Very annoying.
I’m a leggy myself. Try changing your perks/traits (whatever they’re called) and make sure you have “turn” as one. Also make sure you have others that will benefit your turn.

Users who are viewing this thread