Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

@AnmolJ @sashu_91 front foot straight drive is broken no matter how well you time it, dribbles to mid off no power in it and offside shots has been highlighted enough here ball really only goes to point or extra cover most of the time especially in ODI where there are more fielders... Which could possibly be the issue too idk.

I only played 19 for 1.5hr so far and batting felt pretty good to me, all the shots worked and variation felt really good too.

@AnmolJ @sashu_91 front foot straight drive is broken no matter how well you time it, dribbles to mid off no power in it and offside shots has been highlighted enough here ball really only goes to point or extra cover most of the time especially in ODI where there are more fielders... Which could possibly be the issue too idk.

I only played 19 for 1.5hr so far and batting felt pretty good to me, all the shots worked and variation felt really good too.
Agree with you... I was able to score off straight drive, both front and back foot but it is extremely difficult... Like idk it almost feels like it's written somewhere in the stars :lol, most of the times it seems to lack power, especially the front foot drive.

You won't face any such issues batting in cricket 19. The drive between cover and mid off was probably the go to shot for me in cricket 19. And straight drives were so awesome as well!

Are we to expect a "mega patch" as these updates seem pretty weak. Like they can't fix pitch marker duration? How hard can it really be to fix something like that? And that is just a small issue compared to the rest but to my original question would be good to have one big patch that's at least tested etc even if we have to wait a month or two..

... But no joke I feel like I'm seeing new bugs or variations of existing bugs nearly every day some minor some irritating and some that ruin the fun.

@Abcd9994 i can't remember hitting any straight drive thats gone with correct power it usually dribbles in front of me. The only "straight drive" that has decentish power is when you input straight drive but for some reason front/back foot cover drive animation comes but ball goes straight (a stupid flaw that's been in BA games since AC17)

Are we to expect a "mega patch" as these updates seem pretty weak. Like they can't fix pitch marker duration? How hard can it really be to fix something like that? And that is just a small issue compared to the rest but to my original question would be good to have one big patch that's at least tested etc even if we have to wait a month or two..

... But no joke I feel like I'm seeing new bugs or variations of existing bugs nearly every day some minor some irritating and some that ruin the fun.

@Abcd9994 i can't remember hitting any straight drive thats gone with correct power it usually dribbles in front of me. The only "straight drive" that has decentish power is when you input straight drive but for some reason front/back foot cover drive animation comes but ball goes straight (a stupid flaw that's been in BA games since AC17)
I agree with that mega patch and test it with their own internal or beta, prior releasing to the public.

One thing I've seen others do in this game is, there's a Shot not a straight drive per se, but it beats mid off and races for 4, so there is improvement..

What about the latest steam patch? Did it fix the pitch marker?

I think batting is really balanced atm. I don't mind 90% of the drives ending up at covers, mid on or off. That's the way it should be. Plus people talking about not hitting all the shots that they want to, it's an issue with the AI not batting. The ball that AI is bowling determines what kind of shots that you can play, for example if there's not enough width available you won't be able to play shots between point and covers. It's the same with aggressive shots that don't go in the air that used to (I actually love this), it depends on the length of the delivery that determines if the aggressive shot is going to go in the air or not.

It's the AI that's messed up not batting.

@AnmolJ This isnt entirely true its also a problem with the Batting and the fact that it is designed to pick your shots depending on length of the delivery because I know cut animation only comes to really wide balls but in cricket I can give you 100 examples of batsmen who square cut the ball close to the body hell this is a shot I used in real life myself.

So I'd say your partly right here they've designed the batting depending on what the AI bowls but it's wrong way to do it.

Just a tangent but I'm legit more impressed with bloody Real Cricket 20 batting, they have such nice animation for drives, push shots and C22 doesn't even have push and nudge shot animation or shots :lol

@AnmolJ This isnt entirely true its also a problem with the Batting and the fact that it is designed to pick your shots depending on length of the delivery because I know cut animation only comes to really wide balls but in cricket I can give you 100 examples of batsmen who square cut the ball close to the body hell this is a shot I used in real life myself.

So I'd say your partly right here they've designed the batting depending on what the AI bowls but it's wrong way to do it.

Just a tangent but I'm legit more impressed with bloody Real Cricket 20 batting, they have such nice animation for drives, push shots and C22 doesn't even have push and nudge shot animation or shots :lol
I agree that there are multiple type of shots or shot animations that can be still added to the game.
But if I go to twitter and tell that to Ross, I am getting blocked xD

I want to play an Ashes series whilst I still have a smidgen of interest in it but just can't as its so easy to score runs. I was 50/0 off 4 overs with burns smashing about 45 of them on the leg side with no fielder in the same post code.

I agree that there are multiple type of shots or shot animations that can be still added to the game.
But if I go to twitter and tell that to Ross, I am getting blocked xD
What happened to your Catfish account?

PS5 patch is our interesting no mention of frame rates wondering if anyone can check for me if it fixed

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-12-15 at 12.49.29 am.png
    Screen Shot 2021-12-15 at 12.49.29 am.png
    152 KB · Views: 57

Users who are viewing this thread