Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Do MLB the show video games have same amount of sales as cricket games,any idea ??
A brief Google has news items from last summer saying MLB The Show 21 passed 4m users across PlayStation and Xbox, which is different to sales since it was free on Game Pass for Xbox.

If Cricket 19 got to 1m I'd be pretty surprised, especially given Ross' previous comments about the game's sales in Asian markets etc.

A brief Google has news items from last summer saying MLB The Show 21 passed 4m users across PlayStation and Xbox, which is different to sales since it was free on Game Pass for Xbox.

If Cricket 19 got to 1m I'd be pretty surprised, especially given Ross' previous comments about the game's sales in Asian markets etc.
I understand Real Cricket sells well in South Asia because the base game is free and then people buy add ons depending on their interest and disposable income. PES in football has followed a similar route on PS4. Perhaps that's what BA should do? You can't expect to shift 4 million copies in lower income countries if you are charging 75 US dollars or more.

Db14 was good creating players cause you had more features and options to create players that looked like themselves.
The stats where real life and during game was good.
Batting and fielding was good in db14
We had boundary catches like flick up in the air,fielders dive to catch the ball, slips taking slips catches not superhuman catches, wicketkeeper catches and stumpings.
Hopefully they can go back and inhance few things and make the game fun and interesting to play

Db 14 batting the late cut was great,scoop shot look realistic and you could play 360%
Just wondering what do others think about the game and what should be improved

PS4, upto date with patches, custom difficulty somewhere between Pro and Veteran or/and Medium and Hard

Won the toss at Lords, put USA into bat and reduced them to 61-6 at lunch. This is with my custom made England.

I’m using my custom difficulty which means bounce is particularly low on a grassy deck but I think I like it that way. A nice variety of dismissals including edges and one run out. Can still generate bounce dependant on bowler/delivery type.

A couple of times I think that my fielder could’ve dived but maybe his diving stats or lack of height contributed. The only buggy thing in that session (Apart from random umpires) was on two occasions the batters cancelled their first run, sort of knowing but not knowing that the ball would go to the boundary.

The little practices I did prior to this Test do suggest that batting is harder (No shots in air near fielders!) but bowling easier. I am using custom difficulty but still, things have changed. It all seems more suited to Test matches which is great, though I’d just enjoyed some Ten10s but now can’t hit the ball over fielders even with ideal timing, footwork and shot selection.

Adjusting the run rate doesn’t half help the realism/eliminate fifth or sixth ball smash. Can’t bring myself to lower the skills of the opposition lower order though so if 61-6 becomes 261 then maybe I’ll reconsider!

Small sample size but a thoroughly enjoyable thirty overs.

Kieron Pollard with physic-defying facial hair in the latest patch. Maybe Big Ant knows what the future trends of male facial hair will be.
I disagree. ;)

Thanks Legt, I'll give it a go tomorrow.
Post automatically merged:

That doesn't sound good, but would be worth it if the game actually plays without crashing. There is still cricket fun to be had . . . . . . .
IT worked for the custom tournaments and constant crashes in academy so worth a shout.

In a BBL match, is there an option to manually select when to start the second powerplay? Can someone help me with where I can find it?
In the press up menu, on the D pad.

You are talking about America's past time and an excellent game series, that good even I have a copy.

Do MLB the show video games have same amount of sales as cricket games,any idea ??
No they sell pretty well in North America as they're pretty much sound, Madden for interest is beginning to bomb a little as people begin to sus out EA sports (only been the same shit for thirty years?).

Maybe with a future DLC pack players will have heads again
A novelty but maybe with micro transactions, just kidding.

After all the wonderful patchwork I can only say....
#bringbackEAcricket
Don't even have to go that far back mate, C19 was pretty darn good by the time they finished tinkering with it. Have sunk a shitload more hours into it than any other game in history I reckon. (Not counting Ricky Ponting 07 because of course everyone has played that more than anything else.) But I think I've played C22 twice.. After the first Xbox patch, and maybe a week ago. Have lost all enthusiasm for it by now though, I go back to C19 whenever I have the hankering.

Db14 was good creating players cause you had more features and options to create players that looked like themselves.
The stats where real life and during game was good.
Batting and fielding was good in db14
We had boundary catches like flick up in the air,fielders dive to catch the ball, slips taking slips catches not superhuman catches, wicketkeeper catches and stumpings.
Hopefully they can go back and inhance few things and make the game fun and interesting to play

The sliders in DBC14 did next to nothing... One of the biggest cons and pieces of trickery in gaming I've seen since No Man's Sky or the last Sim City. For me Cricket 22 is streets ahead of DBC14 despite its flaws.

The sliders in DBC14 did next to nothing... One of the biggest cons and pieces of trickery in gaming I've seen since No Man's Sky or the last Sim City. For me Cricket 22 is streets ahead of DBC14 despite its flaws.
That is true, AI in DB 14 is shite, keeps balling same pace and you can Keep hitting sixes as per will even on legend, wish we can get a mod to get more recent games AI into it.

Anyone else get the latest patch on PS5 yet? Ross mentioned in a tweet about an hour ago its rolled out. Yet I've received nothing on my side

Users who are viewing this thread