Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

@MattW Ghost fielderd appers after new patch in online games .. for proof video

Invisible forcefield now.

No obvious improvement to the fixed run rate, having to score (usually a boundary) on the last ball.
How you bowl has no influence in what happens. Whether you bowl consistent outside off or rubbish it's going to be the same result.
AI odd team selections for pitch types.
Ai basically guaranteed minimum 170 in 20)20 for usually no more than 5/6 out.
AI field placings are way off.

The most annoying part of the above issues ? They were better in previous games.

No update on xbox series yet , hopefully this is for good and hope they remove all the bugs in couple of days and release it. Better than waiting for whole more week.
Post automatically merged:

No obvious improvement to the fixed run rate, having to score (usually a boundary) on the last ball.
How you bowl has no influence in what happens. Whether you bowl consistent outside off or rubbish it's going to be the same result.

The most annoying part of the above issues ? They were better in previous games.
Got the AI all out for 56 in T20 last night , yea customize sliders as well.

The AI vs AI games are extremely good (I just want the AI vs AI simulated games take in to account the AI sliders to produce desirable scoreboards)

Hope they introduce AI Striking for VS Pace , VS Pace Movement and VS Spin to get the custom AI for your liking.

It's painful to see that even after Cricket 19 perfect gameplay we are still stuck on basic gameplay halting bugs like catches not registering , career mode not progressing and crashes , When will the real meat and bread updates will come? like world view tab in career mode , AI players progression and logical lineup selections in career mode , ultimate team mode for offline as well as online , some new bowling actions , hopefully some tailender batting animations as well , AI logic improvement in field selections for shorter formats.

Last edited:
@MattW : Hi Matt, great work by BA team to make Cricket 22 the best game out there in the market. Can we expect these cosmetic updates in the next week's patch?

1). Stadium Creator: Ability to include video screen, different seat colors, Crowds sitting on grass bank, Fireworks in Custom Stadiums.
2). Different style of Wicket Celebrations when Bowler takes a wicket. (Like PES and FIFA)

Guys I am playing on PS4 and my profile data has been corrupted second time and it’s really making me angry…any fix for this
All three of my profiles are now corrupted.

Has anyone else received the Xbox series x update as yet? Mine is still showing v1.1890 with no update available.
Looks like we are lucky that don't get patch update yet.

After reading reviews (other than ps5),
- Current week patch causing more game crash
- No major improvement in gameplay & AI field placement
- Ghost fielders & removal of straight drive features have introduced
- Career mode cant continue so need to start again from scratch
- AI shots scripting feature still there (hit boundary on last ball every over)
- Game profile starting corrupted

Has anyone else received the Xbox series x update as yet? Mine is still showing v1.1890 with no update available.

No update on xbox series yet , hopefully this is for good and hope they remove all the bugs in couple of days and release it. Better than waiting for whole more week.
Post automatically merged:

Got the AI all out for 56 in T20 last night , yea customize sliders as well.

The AI vs AI games are extremely good (I just want the AI vs AI simulated games take in to account the AI sliders to produce desirable scoreboards)

Hope they introduce AI Striking for VS Pace , VS Pace Movement and VS Spin to get the custom AI for your liking.

It's painful to see that even after Cricket 19 perfect gameplay we are still stuck on basic gameplay halting bugs like catches not registering , career mode not progressing and crashes , When will the real meat and bread updates will come? like world view tab in career mode , AI players progression and logical lineup selections in career mode , ultimate team mode for offline as well as online , some new bowling actions , hopefully some tailender batting animations as well , AI logic improvement in field selections for shorter formats.

Looks like we are lucky that don't get patch update yet.

After reading reviews (other than ps5),
- Current week patch causing more game crash
- No major improvement in gameplay & AI field placement
- Ghost fielders & removal of straight drive features have introduced
- Career mode cant continue so need to start again from scratch
- AI shots scripting feature still there (hit boundary on last ball every over)
- Game profile starting corrupted
They’ve delayed it due to a small fix. Matt pointed that out last page.

@MattW : Hi Matt, great work by BA team to make Cricket 22 the best game out there in the market. Can we expect these cosmetic updates in the next week's patch?

1). Stadium Creator: Ability to include video screen, different seat colors, Crowds sitting on grass bank, Fireworks in Custom Stadiums.
2). Different style of Wicket Celebrations when Bowler takes a wicket. (Like PES and FIFA)
Hi Timmy

It's getting beyond a joke now. Played a t20 last night. England vs Pakistan at Old Trafford with latest patch (PS5). I made 190 because I was able to milk the spinners with sweeps and reverse sweeps. Can nail it every time pretty much for 4 as the AI NEVER puts a man out. Surely there can be some simple code in the game where if a ball travels in certain places more than X times then a fielder will be placed there for X deliveries.

Then bowling, I knew before I'd started that the AI have to get close to my target. Its pretty much impossible for me to skittle them as they're programmed to hit 8.5/9 an over no matter what. It was getting to the point where I'd go for 3/4 off the first 5 balls in the over and just throw down any old rubbish for the 6th as it's guaranteed to be at least 4.

It just removes any fun from the game as I feel like I'm having no influence on what's going on. Same with wickets, they're just gifted as and when the AI decides it's time. Had enough now

@MattW Ghost fielderd appers after new patch in online games .. for proof video

There is a possibility of new feature introduction that human as well as ghost both are playing same match.

Played the game today after the steam apparently downloaded some thing... and the SLOW MOTION sweep shots are absolutely back at its worst!! this is really getting ridiculous now!

That's "matrix effects"

But wont it force you to update the game as soon as you launch it?As
Played the game today after the steam apparently downloaded some thing... and the SLOW MOTION sweep shots are absolutely back at its worst!! this is really getting ridiculous now!I
Played the game today after the steam apparently downloaded some thing... and the SLOW MOTION sweep shots are absolutely back at its worst!! this is really getting ridiculous now!
I played 2 ashes tests last night and thought the batting was bang on no slo mo at all the WK seems to have livened up a bit and is now taking catches from fielders the only problem I still see is the bowler still stood motionless every now and again and you just have to pray it hits him to avoid overthrows I must admit the scripted wickets and runs do need sorting out you just know when a wicket is coming the AI will keep playing wild shots until they are out. Games improved a lot just needs some fine tweaks now as you want to earn a wicket not be given one.

Just out of curiosity did any of this happen in C19 ? The scripted wickets and run rate (4 off last ball etc) just been looking at YouTube videos and apart from the oversized heads on players game looks pretty perfect ?

Users who are viewing this thread