Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

AI batting is just a hot mess. The way they build the innings in each format is all off. Way off. The having to hit a boundary in tests to keep up that fixed run rate. Usually last ball. Unless you had a maiden when it's very predictable that it'll be first ball next over. Once they reach 20 odd in tests they suddenly decide it's time to go aerial. In 20/20 if you score 190ish you know they will no matter what get close or pass it. Usually max 6 out. In tests they've forgotten what leaving the ball is.

The more I see of Cricket 22, I feel the output of DBC14 was a mere fluke from BA!!

Last edited:
The more I see of Cricket 22, I feel the output of DBC14 was a mere fluke from BA!!
After lots of patching DB17 was the masterpiece for me. I'd love to know what went wrong. Did key members of staff leave? Did BA deliberately decide to focus on a more arcade style of gameplay? After paying for all those official licenses, did BA run out of cash for game development and testing?

After lots of patching DB17 was the masterpiece for me. I'd love to know what went wrong. Did key members of staff leave? Did BA deliberately decide to focus on a more arcade style of gameplay? After paying for all those official licenses, did BA run out of cash for game development and testing?
DB17 was unplayable for me (test cricket anyway), due to the bat pad smash.

Just to confirm the default for T20 is set at 50? I would have considered around 40/45 may have balanced it out more than adding four points or am I missing something?
Depends on what you think as a realistic value. With 54 I am getting good and bad days a bowler. From going 6 an over to 11an over, based on the pitch conditions and form of batsman I'm bowling to.

@MattW A minor thing I noticed, currently there is no provision to see which team leads the series in a custom tour. It would be great if you guys can add that.

It would be great if wickets and chances script is based on player weaknesses instead of being plain random , for this purpose players proficiency can be used with categories like VS PACE IN-MOVEMENT ,VS PACE AWAY-MOVEMENT, VS LEG/OFF SPIN , VS PACE SPEED, VS PACE SHORT DELIVERY and CONCENTRATION

So the batsmen weak in vs pace in movement will likely to get a chance of being LBW , Bowled , Miss time shots to short mid wicket , leg slip,
Batsmen weak in vs pace away movement will likely to get and edge or Miss time it to covers or point
Batsmen weak in facing pace will likely to miss time the shots any where or getting bowled , lbw or edge.
Batsmen weak in leg spin will likely to edge or miss time to covers or point
Batsmen weak in off spin will likely to get lbw , bowled or miss time to mid wicket , leg slip
Batsmen weak in concentration will likely to play a rash shot and get out after getting settled and scored some runs
Batsmen weak in playing short pitch will likely to top edge or miss time to third man or deep mid wicket etc.
All these proficiency modifiers shall be between 1-5 star as per current system and no body get all 5 stars for all proficiency modifiers so it will be much better if the wicket and chances are based on players proficiency rather than random currently.

It will become a game of cat and mouse where you want to exploit batsmen's weaknesses by pitting him against the bowler which is specialize for such circumstances , for eg a batsmen weak in VS PACE IN-MOVEMENT and VS PACE SPEED will wet his pants seeing a 150k bowler who balls big in-swingers.

You guys really think Little Timmy can think such deep?

Last edited:
Where is kit template ??? Is it yet to be released as a patch or already in .

Any one has an idea???

Attachments

• FFvwrlAUYAMRdUI.jpg
    FFvwrlAUYAMRdUI.jpg
    255.6 KB · Views: 15
  • FFvwrk_UUAI9nr6.jpg
    FFvwrk_UUAI9nr6.jpg
    462 KB · Views: 15
Very minor but I noticed the HUD is now showing the run rate after the first innings in tests. Never showed it, always showed what your target was and the weather.

Where is kit template ??? Is it yet to be released as a patch or already in .

Any one has an idea???
The one on the left is the template. The heat one is an example of how to layout the uniform. Don't ask me how to do it, I have no idea but that is the template.

Very minor but I noticed the HUD is now showing the run rate after the first innings in tests. Never showed it, always showed what your target was and the weather.
On the hud I’ve noticed last night Australia needed 469 to win and it said lead by 469 and kept saying lead by 469 when more runs were scored I had to exit game and reload and it fixed it to what it should be Minor issue but only happened after latest patch I’ll raise a ticket now

The new batsman cutscenes are hilarious,most of them look like they are doing an impression of Larry Grayson :lol

LOL. Indeed, some are somewhat humourous despite that probably not being the intendion.

The new close up batting highlight scenes also have the batter continually catching the peak of their batting helmet on their forearms or upper arms causing the head to violently jerk up & back in most scenes. (I'm almost getting whiplash myself just watching it happen. It looks utterly violent & traumatic!!!)

One of the new cut scenes apparently has the batter identifying & counting certain fielders. Only I think they perhaps count 3 on one side of the wicket, then begin to count fielders on the opposite side, to then suddenly revert back to the original side to count another fielder. (Hence all the "Larry Grayson" style pointy gesticulation ;). (Showing your age there ;).)) Presumably, a fielder suddenly sprinted round from one position to another suddenly catching the eye of our unsuspecting batter mid-count. (Not sure what the average casual gamer will make of it though ;).)

It's great that they're at the stage where they can actually add in some fresh cutscenes for C22 etc. instead of recycling the same scenes from previous iterations in again up until now. Sadly, however, it's just the actual implementation that isn't quite hitting the mark & the new scenes really do look quite odd. (Even to those that understand cricket to know exactly what a batsman/woman might be doing in between facing each delivery :).)

Same with the new scene showing the batter "professionally" pitch gardening only to then give the exact same area of the pitch a good raking with the heels of their spikes just 5 seconds later lol. Nice idea for the scene but it would really help if someone actually checked hiw the added animations had turned out before adding them in to the latest patch.

Another of the new cut scenes has the active batter apparently staring into a personal abyss but they have this stance & an accompanying look on their face as if they literally just followed through right there on the wicket ;). (Eventually they awaken from their trance & kind of tilt/angle their head in a manner that gives the rough impression that they'd been having some kind of extended difficulty hearing what the non striking batter was hollering at them down the wicket.) Again, a nice touch & something new as well so kudos there. But, it just doesn't look right at all & can't believe it wasn't properly reviewed after all those mocaps to actually see how it looked in the virtual world. (Could the partially deaf batter not just have taken an extra two or three steps down the pitch to hear his partner or held a gloved hand up to their ear in a well recognised manner to act as a parabolic?

Maybe just stick with the old favourite cutscenes or very similar variants...

Shadow driving. (It's just not a cricket match until someone has had the first good shadow drive.)
The original pitch gardening scene/tamping down the grass tufts & backing up off the danger area.
The arbitrary post four/six hero batter stance with the gloating look.
The batter marking their guard even though that's always been at least 2 or 3 feet outside the batting crease anyway.
Aaand, everyone's favourite, the obligatory C19 scratch of the arse immediately followed by the adjustment of the box (or a sneaky scratch of the balls).

No mixed messages there at least.

Hope some of these new cut scenes can be adjusted for improvement too & they're not stuck as they currently are ;)!!??

Last edited:
Username for NZ stadiums ?

It was a post made in sarcasm by @Hester mate! There's not really any new NZ stadiums or newly licensed international teams. (If you read through later posts he does explain that ;).)

On the hud I’ve noticed last night Australia needed 469 to win and it said lead by 469 and kept saying lead by 469 when more runs were scored I had to exit game and reload and it fixed it to what it should be Minor issue but only happened after latest patch I’ll raise a ticket now

Definitely a newly introduced bug & I also noticed it during one of the quick matches I played last night to look over these latest patches.

My career mode team were batting last in the 4th innings & it was immediately evident there was a problem with what the HUD was reporting for the scores.

As you've already identified, the HUD was telling me my team were leading by the xxx runs when we actually required those runs to meet the target.

(I completely wiped my C22 a couple of weeks ago because my prior installation was experiencing so many isssues & then stopped playing too. Ergo, I've just started again with a 100% fresh C22.)

Can't say I noticed this happening in a club T20 or 50 over match, it was just a 3 day/the long format.

Anyone know how to get rid of the “press ⏹ to skip.” Graphic that comes on when not batting or bowling all the time ?

Users who are viewing this thread