Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

The weather/pitch info, the new online mode, new commentary, and career mode improvements . All are exciting stuff, 25th can't come any soon.
Yeah, the commentary information has tickled my curiosity. Sounds like they have gone down the more contextual information route and less the play by play calling. Massive speculation on my part but still interested to see how it sounds. The weather stuff was really interesting as well.

Yeah, the commentary information has tickled my curiosity. Sounds like they have gone down the more contextual information route and less the play by play calling. Massive speculation on my part but still interested to see how it sounds. The weather stuff was really interesting as well.
I was glad to hear the commentator stuff but I’d have preferred a graphic overlay. Especially for people who turn commentary off.

I was glad to hear the commentator stuff but I’d have preferred a graphic overlay. Especially for people who turn commentary off.
Yeah, both would be optimal. I'm hoping there are rankings etc in career mode, anything to add context to performances is part of the one percenters that add to the immersion.

waiting for tomorrow as Ross says more content coming tomorrow on his Twitter

Thanks very informative interview.I expect by tues someone will have a disc and put some gameplay on twitch or youtube would be nice to know times game is dropping on various formats.

Great job @passwordistaco some little gems in there that no doubt will be the topic of discussion over the next few days. Particularly liked how much detail he went into regarding the weather system. Career mode in England is going to be a tough start based on what he said about it having an impact prior to the match even starting, rain from October through to April for us Lancs fans!

Apologies for the length of it, was originally meant to be 30 mins but kept on asking him questions haha. Tried to cover a wide array of questions, I know i'm not going to be able to please everyone but there are some good details in there that we haven't heard about until the interview.

Also, it's my first time interviewing someone so I hope I did the opportunity justice!
Good work, hopefully there are more opportunities like this in the future

I’d have preferred the graphic pop up too as they’ve proven repeatedly that kind of contextual commentary is beyond them.

Great job @passwordistaco some little gems in there that no doubt will be the topic of discussion over the next few days. Particularly liked how much detail he went into regarding the weather system. Career mode in England is going to be a tough start based on what he said about it having an impact prior to the match even starting, rain from October through to April for us Lancs fans!

they’ve been claiming they use real world weather data since at least dbc17. The issue isn’t that data so much as the implementation.

Agreed, will believe the weather having an impact in different locations when I see it. Hopefully it is clear and you have to adapt your game to suit (e.g. not touch anything outside off in England). It would be great if the actual game plays better, having a variety of outcomes and dismissals depending on the game would be brilliant and hopefully this is improved from C19 and it's not just a case of rebadging 19 with a few nice career cut scenes and a couple of extra licenses.

Users who are viewing this thread