Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Batting with the new patch seems to be getting easier and it gets hard with the sliders. Can we meet midway please?

and then the AI and their love for leg stump line with no fielders on the leg side. Love the audacity

Yep, before the fielders all became 90 year geriatrics trying to catch cover drives using a zimmerframe as the mode to get there, it did seem to be making progress - now, i cant play it like this, the fielding is destroying any good thats left in the game.
For me it’s like I suddenly have the offside issue others reported but worse… any well connected offside shot goes to a fielder… anything in a “gap” doesn’t get off the square - regardless of feedback. Leg side aggressive shot goes into the stands, offside aggressive shot goes waist high.

When I’m bowling, the AI scores at 4-5 an over in FC effortlessly (I have AI run rate at 20) and 95% of runs are leg side.

Just really bad.

Yet 2 days ago I had a fantastic, challenging, fun match and I’m using the exact same teams and settings. The only thing that’s changed are BAs “improvements”.

When I’m bowling, the AI scores at 4-5 an over in FC effortlessly (I have AI run rate at 20) and 95% of runs are leg side.
I can hear this - i played a test at the Gabba with AI Run Rate set to 30.

Bowled proper line and length with proper fields...the AI is 165/0 after 30 odd overs, going at over 5 an over.

Its becoming, as you say, unplayable.

Bowled proper line and length with proper fields...the AI is 165/0 after 30 odd overs, going at over 5 an over.

Same here, it is as if the sliders don't have any effect on the game. Even then, why would we need to use sliders to make the AI play at a reasonable RR in Test matches? Can't believe BA missed such obvious flaws.

It's the same on Xbox,doesn't matter where I set the run rate slider,the AI always hit a boundary off the last ball of the over,drives me crazy.

Game runs fine for me, most occasions well over 80-90 fps, but I noticed same pattern of significant dropping of FPS in post-tea(3rd) sessions in both day 2 & 3 of the Test match I'm playing now.

Yesterday, I didn't realize I thought maybe something with patch, but even after today's patch, and as soon as players walk on for the 3rd session. FPS rock bottoms from clocking stable 80-90 to barely playable 40-45 range.

And proving my point, after day ended and I proceed to Day 4 morning session, it goes back to the usual 80fps range.

Just putting it out here.

It’s a steam version of the academy only. Allows eg a console user to import play face or logo svg without buying the game on PC too
But what if I buy the game too, and want to access free academy too, as my PC 8s not loading that fastly the game, so might be academy only will he handy and faster to use, as I am games in ps5 and used academy for creation purposes only

That's the beauty of it

@blockerdave @Ken Tremendous yes feel our pain xD but yeah I've had this experience from release almost.. AI score like monsters in ODI very hard to contain including tailenders and offside + straight drive are complete dog water
I honestly dont think the sliders do anything at the moment, they seem, like most things in this game, broken.

I was feeling bad for XBOX users before for not getting a patch but now I feel bad for all of us. This game was 30% ready at best when it released (even after a weeks delay). I have been part of all the BA releases and there have been bugs but not this level of incompleteness. Patches after patches and I still read Academy not usable, stadium creator not part of the game, game is broken. It saddens me to say this that BA should just end this misery for themself and call it a day. Ask Sony and Microsoft to refund 70% of the money to the users. Whatever sale they made is a good sale based on the condition of the game.

Work on this incomplete game patiently, test it out, perhaps hire more people who actually test and fire the current lot as the testers are failing them game after game. If they feel ready, have a DLC by showing some change in future and try recovering the 70% refunded money. As XBOX user, I am atleast happy that they are not approving patches. They care about their users.

I was feeling bad for XBOX users before for not getting a patch but now I feel bad for all of us. This game was 30% ready at best when it released (even after a weeks delay). I have been part of all the BA releases and there have been bugs but not this level of incompleteness. Patches after patches and I still read Academy not usable, stadium creator not part of the game, game is broken. It saddens me to say this that BA should just end this misery for themself and call it a day. Ask Sony and Microsoft to refund 70% of the money to the users. Whatever sale they made is a good sale based on the condition of the game.

Work on this incomplete game patiently, test it out, perhaps hire more people who actually test and fire the current lot as the testers are failing them game after game. If they feel ready, have a DLC by showing some change in future and try recovering the 70% refunded money. As XBOX user, I am atleast happy that they are not approving patches. They care about their users.
Agreed. 3 to 4 patches on ps and steam and even now the off side gameplay isn't fixed. No one asked for extra bowling action or anything. There are minor things that when fixed will make the game okay rather average or below average. Instead of patching rapidly and breaking things again and again, they'll need to take their time, stop the sales, fix the game once and for all and then make it available again. They brought it up for Ashes but haven't seen a single campaign of any players getting their hands on the game. Not worth it at the moment IMO.

We all understand that this game was made in isolation and all the stuff that BAS says, but this was priced as big as any other games such as FIFA and NBA. Again, they need to take time to fix things. No one is going to hate them then if they iron this out :)

Its the constant claiming things are "fixed" when they are clearly not, the academy today being one glaring example.

They would be better off turning the servers off for a couple of weeks, not letting anyone play and really, properly fixing this game because these rapid patches are getting us nowhere.

Users who are viewing this thread