Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

imported_beatle

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Looks like the back foot shots have had the power reduced and the dreaded instant caught and bowled is back when attempting the straight drive.

MatrixNeo14

Club Captain
Profile Flag
South Africa
download (1).jpeg

I wonder if this will help C22 at this stage...??

There was a big improvement on Xbox after we received the first patch but now I have two issues absolutely killing the game for me and I was wondering if anyone else has had the same problems...

1. Bowling as a leg spin bowler in career mode, my keeper has become absolutely useless since the patch. He has probably taken 5 catches and dropped about 40. Every time the batsman edges the ball he just freezes up and the ball will hit him on his body but he won't react until the ball hits the ground.

2. After taking completing a run, my batsman will randomly decide to turn for another run, he then sets off and takes 2 steps out of his crease and then comes back, at which point he gets run out.

I have no words... well... I do, but they aren't allowed here. And because of C22 the neighbors are probably currently busy arranging my exorcism too. Haha! This game has so much potential, but these bugs are killing it.

sytrics

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
View attachment 260431

There was a big improvement on Xbox after we received the first patch but now I have two issues absolutely killing the game for me and I was wondering if anyone else has had the same problems...

1. Bowling as a leg spin bowler in career mode, my keeper has become absolutely useless since the patch. He has probably taken 5 catches and dropped about 40. Every time the batsman edges the ball he just freezes up and the ball will hit him on his body but he won't react until the ball hits the ground.

2. After taking completing a run, my batsman will randomly decide to turn for another run, he then sets off and takes 2 steps out of his crease and then comes back, at which point he gets run out.

I have no words... well... I do, but they aren't allowed here. And because of C22 the neighbors are probably currently busy arranging my exorcism too. Haha! This game has so much potential, but these bugs are killing it.
Are you in 1.0.14.0 on Xbox after patch?
Do you also see graphics bit blurry or hazy when the ball is in the outfield?

MatrixNeo14

Club Captain
Profile Flag
South Africa
Are you in 1.0.14.0 on Xbox after patch?
Do you also see graphics bit blurry or hazy when the ball is in the outfield?
Nope, still on 1.0.13.0 and waiting for the latest patch. But with my keeper and run out issues o haven't really noticed any issues with the graphics in the outfield. But in Academy when I look at the bats the graphics look really bad.

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
View attachment 260431

Have you played around with where your keeper is stood? In previous games I had my keeper stood up but played a Test on 22 and two chances just bounced off him. I moved him back and the catching circle comes up and I catch them. Obviously there’s the possibility that the chance doesn’t carry but…

MatrixNeo14

Club Captain
Profile Flag
South Africa
Have you played around with where your keeper is stood? In previous games I had my keeper stood up but played a Test on 22 and two chances just bounced off him. I moved him back and the catching circle comes up and I catch them. Obviously there’s the possibility that the chance doesn’t carry but…
Yes, thanks... I've been trying that since last night. So far with the keeper standing up to the stumps he's had 2 drop catches, but at least he has reacted to the edges, but couldn't hold on to them. With the keeper standing back, I haven't had a single edge. But I will keep playing around with that and hopefully it gives me a temporary solution while BAS have a look at the issue.

Arctic_Wolf

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Nope, still on 1.0.13.0 and waiting for the latest patch. But with my keeper and run out issues o haven't really noticed any issues with the graphics in the outfield. But in Academy when I look at the bats the graphics look really bad.

BA themselves ask that you use the actual build in game for support etc. rather than the displayed Xbox version. (It may help to ensure you're potentially on the same page as others when asking if they're experiencing similar problems.)

In game, navigate to SETTINGS -> CREDITS.

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
I’ve got a lot of pleasure out of all previous titles including some thrilling matches in all formats. There was definitely some lower order strong batting in either 17 or Ashes but I’ve always played the game out of the box (Difficulty wise anyway) with no problems.

I’m playing on Pro/Medium which may be fine the shorter the format but the insistence of the AI hitting the fifth ball of almost every over in a Test for four finally made me take in some of what’s been written on here and adjust some things.

I’ve upped Wicket Chance to either 60/65 and lowered AI run rate to 25. I have increased Bowl quality as well as minor adjustments to most things, crucially lowering bounce. Trying to be realistic but competitive. I’m playing as my own created England often against Associates. I played a high scoring Test against Qatar but won because batting was too easy. It’s too easy despite my changes thus far, which is not to say that I made 1000-7 but basically I got bored at the lack of threat and collapsed playing shit aggressive shots. I need to up the difficulty in that regard because I’ve always loved grafting an innings. Was playing on Hard/Veteran on 19 but somehow nets threw me off. Wanted to make batting a little more varied by playing greater range of shots but has compromised difficulty for me.

Anyway, my main point right now is the success of the changes to my bowling or mainly AI batting aspect. I bowled Qatar out for 186 or so (Not 394 and 420 or whatever it was!). Opener played well for 49, first two out relatively cheapish. so so in middle including keeper making 50, little stand for penultimate wicket then two in one over to finish off. Was bounce still too much given where my keeper held about four catches off failed hook shots/spinners still bowling deliveries over the stumps? Probably (Though actually it’s a Hard pitch) and there was a run out but it was a reasonable one. The thrill of edges was great but would be nice to bring more bowleds/LBWs in. (Again though, small sample size and did have differences in my other Test on Standard/Medium wicket). Had a couple drag on both off pace/spin and finished off with Leach tying down one end and Parkinson claiming two in an over including a caught and bowled. Generally bowling a lot of Yorker length for spinners due to bounce though preference for flight isn’t new to me. Now if Qatar chase down (Got a first innings lead of 200ish) a sizeable total then I might yet be moaning. I don’t mind if they improve or if I lose in future having made batting harder but just having the AI score 186 off about 60 overs in what felt like a normalishly possible innings was so much more rewarding than my previous Test.

Pitch did seem to subtly deteriorate and slightly lower spin bounce in first match so will see what happens here having started with it more cracked.

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Changing sliders too much means we are deciding how our opponent will play. I think your opponent or AI must be smart enough at default level depending on what difficulty level we choose, to challenge you instead you yourself do this job.In the end if we won even, then whats the purpose left to play single mode game.

I m suspecting if BAS keep working like this for sure that ashes13 scenario will not much far that they unable to fix their own created game.

My simple question to BAS have they tested challenging level in a test game of AI even themselves that how dumb it is out moment, i doubt.

I still cant forget 96 extras given by aus (AI) along with on full batting track where i scored 636 and then aus(AI) got all out in 80s in just 20 overs where 8 were got out via bat pad case against spinners.

Actually we are keep convincing to ourselves that no the game is good bla bla where as fact is “its still broken gameplay and dumb AI with annoying bugs”.

OnyaGarry

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia

This happened a LOT to me from the beginning. I always had to button mash on "B" to stop my batsman from doing that, which, in itself, brought up new problems, such as the runner going back after already crossing. This was in career mode, by the way. Since the first patch it still happens every now and then but I don't worry about it too much because it's infrequent.

I have more of a problem where the game just quits out when trying to update. Stops the career dead in the water - new careers and old - so I've just stopped playing the game until a new Xbox patch drops.

Arctic_Wolf

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
I think that combination is actually over powered. If we don't use that in moderation gameplay experience will be ruined

Finally got around to trying the trick you posted using both the precision & aggressive shot inputs simultaneously to get a properly lofted offside shot. (Thanks again for sharing :).)

Although, not quite sure why you're finding this overpowered, especially if you're on the harder difficulties? (It's basically just the typical lofted offside shots that have been available in previous titles & that should have been working as such in C22 since day one.)

In Cricket 19 I always set the "ideal input power boost" & the "power boost timing window" sliders to zero when using my custom difficulties based very loosely around half way between the default hard & hardest presets. However, due to the straight drives/cover drives being so woefully underpowered in C22 I've left them at their defaults for the time being until BA fix things. (The downside being it makes the present leg side dominance even more overpowering.) Hopefully the upcoming patch that fixes these broken shots will quite literally be a game changer for batting we've all been waiting for since release. My point being, if you're finding any shot overpowered, you could try decreasing one or both of these values as required, but it may end up adversely affecting other shots or your other scoring areas instead. (Trial & error really.)

If you still find the aggressive lofted shots in particular overpowering, you could also try lowering the "aggressive shot power boost" setting as well. (Ordinarily that setting would govern the boost of any aggressive shot, but with so many other aspects still presently being broken in C22, you may end up chasing ghosts until many of the more obvious issues are fixed.)

Hanav Baxi

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
I'm not able to edit powerplays in match designer. Is it a bug? I wanted to play ODIs with ICC rules of field restrictions.
Overs 1-10, max. 2 outfielders.
Overs 11-40, max. 4 outfielders.
Overs 41-50, max. 5 outfielders.

Does anyone know how to edit them in C22 as I used to play with same rules since dbc 14.

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Changing sliders too much means we are deciding how our opponent will play. I think your opponent or AI must be smart enough at default level depending on what difficulty level we choose, to challenge you instead you yourself do this job.In the end if we won even, then whats the purpose left to play single mode game.

I m suspecting if BAS keep working like this for sure that ashes13 scenario will not much far that they unable to fix their own created game.

My simple question to BAS have they tested challenging level in a test game of AI even themselves that how dumb it is out moment, i doubt.

I still cant forget 96 extras given by aus (AI) along with on full batting track where i scored 636 and then aus(AI) got all out in 80s in just 20 overs where 8 were got out via bat pad case against spinners.

Actually we are keep convincing to ourselves that no the game is good bla bla where as fact is “its still broken gameplay and dumb AI with annoying bugs”.
It's of no use in posting here, please raise a ticket and then another ticket in support forums. They will notice

Users who are viewing this thread