Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Sparks

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Think the update is broadly great apart from missing heads, too fast a zoom on the wicked broadcast camera, fielding still not *quite* there and AI bowling too much leg side to left handers.

Sounds like I’m being negative but had a great low scoring t20 just now, really enjoyed it
Missing heads got debugged a few patches ago, must be your community downloaded players?! I stuck with only one creator, waste. I live in fear of duplicate players since c19

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I think the headless players only occurs when you continue a match that were saved before the new patch. I started a new match with same exact teams and all the players have heads. @MattW this patch is good. One thing that needs fixing very soon is the short leg that takes unrealistic (superhuman) catches when shots are played leg side. 8/10 for this patch.

Anyone getting lbw or clean bowled wickets?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Yeah, this is generally much better. 3 instances I had to restart, everything else quite solid.

Grassy pitch, AI struggling, a few partnerships but also wickets in clusters. Went from 72/2 to 100/5.

Reasonable variety of wickets too.

3 run-out restarts, only 1 after moving short leg out (and actually restarting the match due to a line-up issue I didn’t spot originally).

Bowled just under 90 overs across the 2 matches (bowled I think 15 overs they were 70-odd for 2 and the restarted and they are 190-odd for 8).

Hester

County Cricketer
So, I finally made a purchase. Playing a test match and can you guess what the 1st wicket was? Yes, a stupid run out in the 2nd over. Batter mishits it, ball picked up by bowler. They try to run 2....

Can confirm that smashes to short leg are being caught. So now we have bat boot, bat pad and super human short leg fielders catching balls fired in a 5 yard radius around them.

Love the dynamic broadcast cam but feel a bit dizzy after playing for an hour or so. It feels like it's zoomed in a bit much.

Also finding that if I alter my difficulty settings during the game, they reset to default at some point. Think this was happening in C22 too.

On xbox series x.

Hester

County Cricketer
I've had 3 smashes to short leg catches in 3 overs.
Obvious answer is not to use a short leg fielder I suppose...

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
game is best it has been imo.Of course its not perfect and it probably won't ever be but its very playable .Tailenders seem more vunerable now.I can no longer smash every shot for 6 from the get go as was the case in cricket 22.New camera is ok but i've played one way for 9 years now so can't change it.Just made my middlesex debut so proud.

Hester

County Cricketer
I think I'm going insane. Can someone tell me how to turn off the length indicator colours? I'm sure it was next to the ball trail setting in C22 but can't find it in C24. I don't want to change colour, I just want it off.

Hester

County Cricketer
First team I tried to download from the academy and it says my playface storage is full. Is this a known bug?
I'm on xbox series x.

Faizrizwan

Club Cricketer
I think the headless players only occurs when you continue a match that were saved before the new patch. I started a new match with same exact teams and all the players have heads. @MattW this patch is good. One thing that needs fixing very soon is the short leg that takes unrealistic (superhuman) catches when shots are played leg side. 8/10 for this patch.

Anyone getting lbw or clean bowled wickets?
It's Happening In Saved Tournaments I Guess

Muhammad shafiq

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
It's Happening In Saved Tournaments I Guess
Its not hapening with pc steam users i dnt know why ps5 and xbox user have so much issue with cricket24 .. the latest patch just madr the game beautiiful everything works great !!

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Instantly hooked up with the new camera , reminds of old BL 99 and nostalgic feeling , hopefully they will sort out the excess zoom and made the transition to fielding camera more smoother once the shot is triggered the cam can momentarily fixed on the batsmen then slowly zooms out and goes back to tract the ball and it doesn’t have to jerky , couple of seconds delay in ball tracking won’t hurt if the overall transition to ball tracking is smooth

jaffar100

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Hi, can someone explain me where is this Team list management used?
I could add teams in it, but not sure of how do I use them.

Users who are viewing this thread