Cricket 24 - General Discussion

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Simulations scores in career mode is good as well , may be they increase ODs a bit and FC scores a lot more , but t20s simulated scores are pretty fine

Rahul_Rants

County Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
What does OP spinners mean?
Overpowered. Especially in tests you could essentially kill a game, with a spinner and short leg in place, with in 5 overs.

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Btw they have Murli action in the game and have added two more actions for fast bowlers
Post automatically merged:

Just had my part time spinner with Murli action decimated the AI team and ended up 4/18 in career mode without even trying

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Game crashes if you try to view stats of other teams /tournaments in career mode , apart from OP spinners and that crash the game has no major bugs which I have encountered so far in my 3/4 hours of play. Fielding is more than decent to say the least , it can be improved slightly more or may be it will get sorted in day one patch

macman

School Cricketer
What improvement are there to the graphics? Are the players still thin and bendy as the screenshots so far could easily be C22? Disappointing if so

kamy100

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
To me it looks like they were going to release a different game using an updated engine that they used for AFL, that proved to be a disaster which delayed C24 and it is almost as though they have then pivoted to C22 and releasing that with additional licenced content, gameplay looks identical to C22, it just doesn't make sense (unless there really is a HUGE day 1 patch).

Rahul_Rants

County Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India
Game crashes if you try to view stats of other teams /tournaments in career mode , apart from OP spinners and that crash the game has no major bugs which I have encountered so far in my 3/4 hours of play
Are the batsmen finally moving their feet? Or still gliding like on ice?

lynchy4610

Associate Cricketer
Reserving judgement until I play.
Seeing bugs that were rampant in AFL clips that I haven’t seen in cricket before which is disappointing.

I find the community that create players will do better jobs with teams like Pak India and West Indies anyway.

It’s hard to judge watching other people play the game, obviously skill levels and different camera angles for the way they can play.

Most disappointed in the lack of updating / polish around the menus and score huds.

Still picking this up today and will have a go when I can. Like most games these days it can take a few weeks for it to be patched to a level that’s worth starting anything worth while.

Rahul_Rants

County Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India
Are all the players of the licensed IPL teams also, licensed? I see someone like Harshit Rana
I do wonder what the game would have been like if it was released during the Ashes as originally planned.
Same without licenses probably.

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
To me it looks like they were going to release a different game using an updated engine that they used for AFL, that proved to be a disaster which delayed C24 and it is almost as though they have then pivoted to C22 and releasing that with additional licenced content, gameplay looks identical to C22, it just doesn't make sense (unless there really is a HUGE day 1 patch).
Gameplay may look like C22 from videos but it is completely different in terms of shots animation, shot angle ,power , edges and bat to bowl connection all feel completely different, you have to play it to feel it , it’s doesn’t feel C22 at all
Post automatically merged:

What improvement are there to the graphics? Are the players still thin and bendy as the screenshots so far could easily be C22? Disappointing if so
Graphics and lighting are good and so as the animations but players models are crap.

Slug1793

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
The frustrating bit.. and bit that annoys me. Is there is SO SO much feedback given.

So much
So much mate.

Issue number 1 of course is the money side of things, add licenses, more money - winner.

But in addition to this, Big Ant probably don’t know what to listen to anymore, I have seen so much rubbish being requested that they are no doubt just like ‘forget it’.

I’ve just seen a comment saying hopefully patch 1 brings the ability to do AI v AI.

Why? Why is this a must have, why is sledging, being able to do the salute celebration and being able to play snake on your phone in career mode a must have?!

We’ve got no chance of getting a genuine test match experience when Ross’ Twitter page is just filled with nonsense requests

Mr Snrub

International Coach
So has anyone who's bought it played it with the day one patch yet? In New Zealand we are 10 hours into that first day, so surely that patch has to have been out?

Users who are viewing this thread