Cricket 24 - General Discussion

graham

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Defo better after update, need the pitch deterioration in tests.
Bowling at cracks to get a shooter or bounce which version of the game can't remember.
Is it me but bowling seemed much more fun on cricket 19?

Razpor

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Fair summary.

Still desperately need pitch visual deterioration and for it to affect the game, but its being looked at.

Getting there...slowly i would say.
have they said they are looking at it ??
Post automatically merged:

Defo better after update, need the pitch deterioration in tests.
Bowling at cracks to get a shooter or bounce which version of the game can't remember.
Is it me but bowling seemed much more fun on cricket 19?
bowling was best in ashes cricket,after thats its been a slow downhill descent.

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
In career mode the ball spin but not other modes. Currently playing Ashes series and Lyon can’t spin the ball at all. I have set the pitch and ball friction to 100 again and still nothing. I do however get most wickets with Lyon:laughter:

jmarcf

Club Captain
In career mode the ball spin but not other modes. Currently playing Ashes series and Lyon can’t spin the ball at all. I have set the pitch and ball friction to 100 again and still nothing. I do however get most wickets with Lyon:laughter:
As long as career mode works, that's all I'm interested in:grinning:

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Legend hard batting and bowling. Maybe just luck getting them all out cheaply. Will see what happens in next innings.

IMG_9069.jpeg

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Feels weird to see an ad for C24 with a bloke in the Indian jersey showing an unlicensed Indian side walking out.

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Tried to play the World Cup seeing as that's the reason for the game being released at this time, and all the games still default to The Great Barrier Reef ground. Its not like it's even the MCG so if you do choose to play a World Cup you're doing it in front of 30 people.

When you choose India as the host it will show all the correct stadia on the competition calendar but when you actually go to play your match it will be at the Great Barrier Reef ground and can't be changed.

@MattW is there any chance this can be fixed? As far as things go this would surely be a pretty straightforward fix.

Cricket_god

Associate Cricketer
Was playing Ashes 19 last night. I do not have C24 so cannot make assumptions about how the gameplay is now, but Ashes 19 you can choose the weather; the conditions actually impact the game, Cloudy day, green pitch, I was batting and had many play and misses from increased swing. The pitch detail is next level compared to C22 (and C24 by the looks of it). Overall, the graphics are just better - not so cartoony. what made BigAnt stray from this solid base is mind-blowing
Yes pitches give us some variety in cricket 19 and weather also affects gameplay dunno what happened in new version
Post automatically merged:

It looks like AI dumb against spin has back.
Bugant developers have to realize when we complain about over powered Spinners it's not amount of spin we are complaining about it's the inability of AI batsman to deal with spin.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
@MattW is there any chance this can be fixed? As far as things go this would surely be a pretty straightforward fix.
The game uses the home grounds of the host team - so if you aren't getting the grounds you want you'll need to check which home grounds are assigned to India. I believe one of the shared academy teams early on seemed to have that as a default grounds, but that's not the behaviour I get loading up the game with default teams.

So go to the Academy > Team Editor > Manage Men's Teams, select the India team, select Home Grounds and then ensure that list has the stadiums you want to play at in it. Select the stadium in the list and make sure it actually is the right ground.

Here's an example of it set up incorrectly, but the fix is just to select the ground there, and then select the intended ground from the list.
1697804278628.png

Once those say the right thing, a new competition will use the grounds - nothing is working 'incorrectly' as such, just that customised team itself has home grounds mapped incorrectly. But that would need to be something checked on the teams shared on the community, and not something Big Ant controls.

I did however speak to someone today about opening up the stadium selection option before each match, which would let you then override the defaults it picks, but at the moment you'll need to double check your India team's home grounds - or find someone who has shared it in a correct state.

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
The game uses the home grounds of the host team - so if you aren't getting the grounds you want you'll need to check which home grounds are assigned to India. I believe one of the shared academy teams early on seemed to have that as a default grounds, but that's not the behaviour I get loading up the game with default teams.

So go to the Academy > Team Editor > Manage Men's Teams, select the India team, select Home Grounds and then ensure that list has the stadiums you want to play at in it. Select the stadium in the list and make sure it actually is the right ground.

Here's an example of it set up incorrectly, but the fix is just to select the ground there, and then select the intended ground from the list.
View attachment 285347

Once those say the right thing, a new competition will use the grounds - nothing is working 'incorrectly' as such, just that customised team itself has home grounds mapped incorrectly. But that would need to be something checked on the teams shared on the community, and not something Big Ant controls.

I did however speak to someone today about opening up the stadium selection option before each match, which would let you then override the defaults it picks, but at the moment you'll need to double check your India team's home grounds - or find someone who has shared it in a correct state.
Thanks for the reply Matt, I'll try with other countries as it's possible this is down to me using a community-shared version of India.

Users who are viewing this thread