Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Why no is talking about the sound of the bat ?? its too poor !!
It's a bug but doesn't happen all the time. The sound of shot replay gets mixed up with with your actual shot. It sounds like hitting a cardboard box in a tunnel. I found it happens when you launch a match and after every break. Only for a couple of balls and then it sort of fixes itself.

Kart7

School Cricketer
The game uses the home grounds of the host team - so if you aren't getting the grounds you want you'll need to check which home grounds are assigned to India. I believe one of the shared academy teams early on seemed to have that as a default grounds, but that's not the behaviour I get loading up the game with default teams.

So go to the Academy > Team Editor > Manage Men's Teams, select the India team, select Home Grounds and then ensure that list has the stadiums you want to play at in it. Select the stadium in the list and make sure it actually is the right ground.

Here's an example of it set up incorrectly, but the fix is just to select the ground there, and then select the intended ground from the list.
View attachment 285347

Once those say the right thing, a new competition will use the grounds - nothing is working 'incorrectly' as such, just that customised team itself has home grounds mapped incorrectly. But that would need to be something checked on the teams shared on the community, and not something Big Ant controls.

I did however speak to someone today about opening up the stadium selection option before each match, which would let you then override the defaults it picks, but at the moment you'll need to double check your India team's home grounds - or find someone who has shared it in a correct state.
@MattW While on the last part, would it be also possible to override the default fixtures at team-level as well? At least in a user-created Competition design. Say, if the user can be allowed to schedule the games in the same order as that of the current CWC, or the men's BBL in December and so on, and which can also take care of future events as well. Have also raised a feature request ticket on this subject.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Fielding errors continue.

Plus - I always have this weird light circle/bubble around my player. Does anyone else have it/any solutions known?

shan111

Associate Captain
OP spinner is back for sure. Played against WI on a dusty track and started with spinners at both end. At the end of 10 overs they were 27/6. I thought this was due to dusty/cracked track so I started a new match against AUS at Perth with Standard/Medium/Day 1/ No crack settings.
Ashwin took 5 wickets in 10 overs for 25. Most importantly, 3 out of the 5 were because of super-human slip/WK catching the ball right off the face of the bat while they tried to play the cut and late-cut shot. I have attached a screenshot for better understanding.

Except this spinner issue ruining the whole experience, I think the last patch has improved the game. But this is ridiculous that they failed to increase the turn and instead made the AI batsmen absolute rubbish against spin. Also, the super-human slips/keepers catching the ball from the face of the bat needs to go.

Attachments

• Cricket 24 Screenshot 2023.10.21 - 01.14.46.34.png
    Cricket 24 Screenshot 2023.10.21 - 01.14.46.34.png
    7.3 MB · Views: 26

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
The keeper/slips cause the issue. They aren’t giving off many bat pads like before, but there’s so many absurd catches behind the wicket
Guess we have to wait another week for more balancing and tweaking. We wait more for fixes than actually playing the game.

rangersw12

Associate Cricketer
Is there a pitch setting where people have found spin isn't so OP? I know green seamers seem to be really bad. It's been like this for years now so I have no hope of it being fixed. Was just wondering if anyone has a pitch combo that nullifies the spinners.

I'm playing Ashes test , Green pitch with Rumple sliders for England and Ali has 2/56 off 19 overs

Which seems about right

shan111

Associate Captain
The keeper/slips cause the issue. They aren’t giving off many bat pads like before, but there’s so many absurd catches behind the wicket
Absolutely. Even in the match against WI, I got only one proper bat-pad catch, 1 bowled, 1 lbw. Rest 3 were batsman inside edging onto their thigh-pad and the keeper jumping forward to scoop it up.

Wavelberry

International Cricketer
TBF you've never been able to play any shots behind the wicket off a spinner that isn't a well timed sweep without getting slipped for time.

Rahul_Rants

County Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
At the risk of irritating those who are playing with headless players....can we manually add headbands to our custom / career player? I can't see an option under Hat or anywhere.

Last edited:

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
@MattW
Trent Boult is not default in New Zealand Squad

Guys How we can get Licensed Virat Kohli ?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread