Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Meanwhile in Ashes 17 Jimmy has just got Warner plumb in the second over of the Brisbane Ashes. (Remember when pitches looked like pitches?)

View attachment 285464

The only thing I remember being wrong with that game was AI spinners ripping the ball both ways. If there was any way to sort that out, I wouldn't need to worry about these crappy later iterations.

I will say that the umpiring is incredibly realistic. I was playing a T20 against Australia and Zampa bowling got 2 LBW decisions in his favour which was overturned because it was pitching Outside Leg. 2 proper howlers. Joel Wilson and Steve Bucknor would be proud.

The only thing I remember being wrong with that game was AI spinners ripping the ball both ways. If there was any way to sort that out, I wouldn't need to worry about these crappy later iterations.
Yeah thats the problem: each iteration has a game breaking thing somewhere. You tend to forget until you go playing for longer again.

Yeah thats the problem: each iteration has a game breaking thing somewhere. You tend to forget until you go playing for longer again.

Yep

DBC 14 - I don't think any of the player sliders did anything at all
AC17 - AI spinners rip the ball both ways
C19 - No outfield or ring catches in test matches, or very few. Mentalities never seemed to make a difference
C22/C24 - Overpowered spinners in tests and general all-round jankiness.

Yep

DBC 14 - I don't think any of the player sliders did anything at all
AC17 - AI spinners rip the ball both ways
C19 - No outfield or ring catches in test matches, or very few. Mentalities never seemed to make a difference
C22/C24 - Overpowered spinners in tests and general all-round jankiness.
In cricket 19 if you remove traits which overpower mentalities , Mentality works fine,Also increasing ball friction leads to more outfield caches in test.

In cricket 19 if you remove traits which overpower mentalities , Mentality works fine,Also increasing ball friction leads to more outfield caches in test.

Interesting. Increasing ball friction leads to outfield catches? May have to fire this one up.

I guess the traits and the mentalities make sense. I never liked all the traits. Seemed like too much extra customization in an already highly customizable product.

Interesting. Increasing ball friction leads to outfield catches? May have to fire this one up.

I guess the traits and the mentalities make sense. I never liked all the traits. Seemed like too much extra customization in an already highly customizable product.

It made the edges thicker that's all. I spent hours testing it.

so many of the great features from older games have been abandoned for no reason.
pitches look like plain textures with no change throught the game.
drives me mad to see it.

Users who are viewing this thread