Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Until yesterday’s ps5 patch I was honestly loving it. Perfect? No. But realistic, fun and genuinely good.

Now it’s garbage.

4 years ago I walked away from the beta because I saw they had no understanding of their own code/engine and could not reliably patch without destroying stuff. Nothing has changed.
Ever since C19, I always had doubts how can a professional gaming studio mess up a game so much by patching (patches are meant to improve the game). Are they aware of what works in coding? and what doesn't work? Do devs fully aware of what is doable and what are their limitations?

No I got the answer for this

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
So, amidst the negativity that I've read lately, I wanted to share something that has made the game so much easier for me to play. It's not some slider or tactic but a hidden gem that's been added for bowling controls. Primarily it can aid people who struggle, for whatever reason, with the dual stick controls for classic bowling.

If you go to Accessibility in the settings section there are new settings to alter classic bowling (and batting) to allow you to toggle between selections when picking deliveries. When I was picking deliveries, modifying the length etc for pace bowling - I was getting really frustrated having to make about four inputs at once. Now I can do it with ease by just switching between the delivery choices without having to hold the stick in place.

1700123810886.png

However, the best part for me is the addition of single stick controls for spin bowling. What does this mean? Well, instead of having to do the rotation of the left stick during the bowlers run up, you do this after you have selected the delivery. It is still as difficult so I don't always get green but it's actually made me want to use classic for spin controls. I used to really dislike/struggle with doing two things at once and I desperately wanted Big Ant to remove the whole left stick rotation so I could enjoy everything else about classic spin bowling. Turns out this change has made the whole experience much better and is exactly what I never knew I wanted until I used it.

Probably not explained it clearly, but I would really suggest anyone who enjoys classic to give it a try. I'd personally have this as the default settings if it was up to me because it's a much less stressful experience. :lol

One warning, if you have the top option selected this does set the toggle choices for batting too. I found this out when I was missing easy drives with Zak Crawley, when I checked the replay I realised I'd toggled on the special shots and he was trying to reverse lap half volleys. Hoping an option to separate batting and bowling can be added.

The settings I have used are below.

2358260_20231116082348_1.png

Last edited:

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
So, amidst the negativity that I've read lately, I wanted to share something that has made the game so much easier for me to play. It's not some slider or tactic but a hidden gem that's been added for bowling controls. Primarily it can aid people who struggle, for whatever reason, with the dual stick controls for classic bowling.

If you go to Accessibility in the settings section there new settings to alter classic bowling (and batting) to to allow you to toggle between selections when picking deliveries. When I was picking deliveries, modifying the length etc for pace bowling - I was getting really frustrated having to make about four inputs at once. Now I can do it with ease by just switching between the delivery choices without having to hold the stick in place.

View attachment 286934

However, the best part for me is the addition of single stick controls for spin bowling. What does this mean? Well, instead of having to do the rotation of the left stick during the bowlers run up, you do this after you have selected the delivery. It is still as difficult so I don't always get green but it's actually made me want to use classic for spin controls. I used to really dislike/struggle with doing two things at once and I desperately wanted Big Ant to remove the whole left stick rotation so I could enjoy everything else about classic spin bowling. Turns out this change has made the whole experience much better and is exactly what I never knew I wanted until I used it.

Probably not explained it clearly, but I would really suggest anyone who enjoys classic to give it a try. I'd personally have this as the default settings if it was up to me because it's a much less stressful experience. :lol

One warning, if you have the top option selected this does set the toggle choices for batting too. I found this out when I was missing easy drives with Zak Crawley, when I checked the replay I realised I'd toggled on the special shots and he was trying to reverse lap half volleys. Hoping an option to separate batting and bowling can be added.

The settings I have used are below.

View attachment 286933
I use standard for pace and find it frustrating because I can put the same command in 20 times and not get the same results I’m wondering if classic gets better results or should I say more accurate but the reason I don’t use classic is like you said having to do 4 things at once. With this I may try now if the game becomes playable anytime soon
Post automatically merged:

I use standard for pace and find it frustrating because I can put the same command in 20 times and not get the same results I’m wondering if classic gets better results or should I say more accurate but the reason I don’t use classic is like you said having to do 4 things at once. With this I may try now if the game becomes playable anytime soon
When I say command I mean I put the exact same length and after touch in but never lands in same spot or il go after touch at 10 o clock on and it will land outside off and then I do exact same again and it lands in line with stumps it’s frustrating

Muhammad shafiq

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
New patxh is coming next tuesday !!

New patxh is coming next tuesday !!

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin

When I say command I mean I put the exact same length and after touch in but never lands in same spot or il go after touch at 10 o clock on and it will land outside off and then I do exact same again and it lands in line with stumps it’s frustrating
Never used standard controls for pace but there is, as far as I know, variation that prevents you just spamming the same spot. Never used after touch either, don't really know what it does. Isn't it a length modifier? I just use the bumpers to do that on classic controls.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Never used standard controls for pace but there is, as far as I know, variation that prevents you just spamming the same spot. Never used after touch either, don't really know what it does. Isn't it a length modifier? I just use the bumpers to do that on classic controls.
Yeh I might have to give classic a blast with your settings I think it might be after touch where I’m going wrong.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Yeh I might have to give classic a blast with your settings I think it might be after touch where I’m going wrong.
Would definitely suggest trying it again if the thing that put you off was doing so many things at once. I'd never really had an issue with it but with this game it was getting to me. Then, by complete luck, I found these settings and all those frustrations were gone.

mikeyd204

School Cricketer
Ever since C19, I always had doubts how can a professional gaming studio mess up a game so much by patching (patches are meant to improve the game). Are they aware of what works in coding? and what doesn't work? Do devs fully aware of what is doable and what are their limitations?

No I got the answer for this
I will say this in defence of the team, I work in product and I've seen on multiple occasions my developers have made a change to one area of the application in one patch, then in a second patch we've changed something else completely unrelated... and it's caused an issue with the change in the previous patch that was completely unrelated. So it can be really tricky.

At the same time, I am not excusing the fact that this is just the same game, but they've scanned some gray nicolls pads and gloves. I keep following this thread to try and work out if it's worth parting with my cash and I'm concerned that it'll never be worth spending money on :neutral:

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Would definitely suggest trying it again if the thing that put you off was doing so many things at once. I'd never really had an issue with it but with this game it was getting to me. Then, by complete luck, I found these settings and all those frustrations were gone.
Thank you will definitely give it a go cheers

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Seems like there is a new cricket game about to release. GOC - Gods of Cricket. Teaser of a game mode is just released, looks nice. Hope it has a good gameplay and animations.

Admins, May be we need a new topic for that.

Users who are viewing this thread