Cricket 24 - General Discussion

threetoed

School Cricketer
I think, @JNT BA, one helpful change would be to not use Twitter/X as the sole source of official comms. If you do not have a twitter account, you can't see recent Big Ant tweets, so you have to rely on secondhand info. It would be useful if anything tweeted was also posted on the BA Cricket 24 forum, like you've done with patch notes. (Though, unlike patch notes, you probably don't need a new thread for each tweet!)

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
If you do not have a twitter account or if you are blocked by big ant and Ross for asking a question
I think, @JNT BA, one helpful change would be to not use Twitter/X as the sole source of official comms. If you do not have a twitter account, you can't see recent Big Ant tweets, so you have to rely on secondhand info. It would be useful if anything tweeted was also posted on the BA Cricket 24 forum, like you've done with patch notes. (Though, unlike patch notes, you probably don't need a new thread for each tweet!)

ASHES_FAN

Associate Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
They themselves call the game "The most realistic Cricket Game" but don't have the basics like rain stoppage, injuries, etc. I really don't understand why they took out the D/L method from the game. And yeah, I haven't seen proper overcast conditions in Cricket 24:yes
the player gets hit in the head by a bounce, and is completely not affected. Can even run multiple runs without issues lol

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@BIGANT I really hope you get things right in next weeks patch and that you focused on wicket keeper and run outs only. Leave all the other animations and fancy stuff until you get the basics on par. I want to play the game that you said are "The most realistic Cricket Game ever" and not sit another 6 weeks waiting for patches.

cricboi

Club Captain
it's still insane to me that they still haven't figured out how to get the AI to bowl to left handers. This has been an issue since Cricket 19 and it's mind boggling that their code is so twisted that they can't unravel this. Imagine a baseball game where hitters on one side had an easier time or a soccer game where left footed kickers just scored 10x more goals or a basketball game where left handed shooters shot at a higher percentage. Like, seriously. How can this still be a thing!

cricboi

Club Captain
Playing an ODI on the hardest difficulty possible with crazy challenging sliders but still going 100-0 in the powerplay because I have one lefty and the AI wont stop bowling down the leg side. What. The. F.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
@Dutch @wasteyouryouth, the Bug reporting page is still a valid place to report the bugs, is it being monitored by the BA team?
As in the thread here? It's reviewed periodically, but the support site is the only place that I can guarentee the team read something.

Though please, as the first post/template notes - "use an example rather than 'any' even if it occurs with multiple", a report is much more helpful when we have an example of the teams and mode you were playing.

Would it be possible to implement a beta or experimental branch on steam. The advantage is that people can opt in and out of a patch and you can get a bigger sample of feedback before initiating an update.
There's some overheads with running such a program - with the closed beta process we can accept a higher threshold of known issues or crashes, while if something was public, even if opt in, there'd need to be more time in on ensuring the builds are closer to production ready. The other issue, is simply that something we can do with a closed process is deliver something experimental, but then either substantially push that back or just drop it for a full rework - that's harder in a public environment.

You could maintain two separate tracks, but that again increases the amount of time internally spent on producing things other than the release product, which at times can be quite valuable, but it has to be planned for ahead of time - so something we would really have to be going into a game knowing that was the plan and optimising things around that.

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
Playing an ODI on the hardest difficulty possible with crazy challenging sliders but still going 100-0 in the powerplay because I have one lefty and the AI wont stop bowling down the leg side. What. The. F.

Its fielding issue more, Field setting not changes according to players hitting shot and match situation.

cricket 2014 (don bradman cricket 2014) is still good then cricket 2024

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
They themselves call the game "The most realistic Cricket Game" but don't have the basics like rain stoppage, injuries, etc. I really don't understand why they took out the D/L method from the game. And yeah, I haven't seen proper overcast conditions in Cricket 24:yes
Even in cricket 22 dynamic weather is good but it's completely absent in 24 why? no one knows

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Hows about giving away A FIXED GAME YOU BLITHERING IDIOT ;)

Is the game so bad that it’s at the stage of “you can’t even pay me to play it”?

Users who are viewing this thread