Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Faizrizwan

Club Cricketer
No the game is running beautifully on my PS5. It may be specific to you

Yes Wicket Keeper is better now than previous numb, lazy WK who were just didn't bother while ball crossing them in their reach.
I'm On PlayStation 4 Pro It's Only Specific For Ps4 and Xbox One…

noys390

County Cricketer
However it's achieved, the wicketkeeper needs to be able to affect runouts very quickly yet still not be hyperactive when it comes to edge opportunities.
I am not talking about edge opportunities, these are full-blooded shot that is getting taken off. I can still pass on WK taking flying catches of edges supposed to be out of reach but its frustrating when it comes to properly timed shots.

noys390

County Cricketer
Thought i'd buy the game in the end and i am relatively impressed but why can't AI bowlers bowl to left handers? I just had 6 wides in a row when i gave up and quit !
Again this issue has been from the prior iteration of BAnt cricket. AI bowls good line to LH batsman coming round the wicket but there is no way to tell AI to do so. Had there been a slider to tell the AI bowlers to do so, that would have been great but I don't expect that to be implemented.

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I left them unchanged apart from reducing shot force to 40 and pace bowling revolutions to 15.
Did you change anything under batting sliders? I swear I don’t even get a hint of an lbw or clean bowled wicket. Already on my 74th over and only had an inside edges from pace and edge from spin. Playing with re-skilled teams from 2000’s. Trying to fool batsmen with couple of outswingers then one inswing to get lbw or bowled wicket but the AI times the ball perfectly every single time. There is very nice play and misses but getting lbw or bowled wickets is impossible to me with default sliders like you say you use. Maybe it is the teams that I dowloaded that are too OP even after reskill.

sdubey40

Club Cricketer
Unless someone from Big Ant says otherwise then it seems very likely that you're right and maybe that possibly extends to all the fielders?

I hope they have some way of handling varying actions separately and at separate speeds (possibly by introducing more animation frames to some procedures to slow them down?).

However it's achieved, the wicketkeeper needs to be able to affect runouts very quickly yet still not be hyperactive when it comes to edge opportunities.
That would help in rectifying short leg fielder's reaction time too...they need to have separate coding and animations for fielders fielding at different positions

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
I’ve done a bit of this myself, took things into my own hands so to speak haha I’ve created another England and made the default pads and gloves more modern, trouble is though, most players wear their own gloves, not the team’s, so although the pads are sorted, JB still comes out to bat in a pair of marigolds with sausages strapped to the fingers

I should have qualified this a bit better, I meant it should be easy for BA to fix. I'm like you, I'll go in and edit where I can but as you say, it's such an immersion breaker when you have a decent playface, accurate bat but Edward Sausagehands at the crease.

Mr Snrub

International Coach
I am not talking about edge opportunities, these are full-blooded shot that is getting taken off. I can still pass on WK taking flying catches of edges supposed to be out of reach but its frustrating when it comes to properly timed shots.
Ok yes I understand, I'm on PS5 and just haven't had the full blooded smash catches with the latest patch yet but I do understand that they are happening. I was just talking about how additionally the wicket keeper seems to be hyperactively reacting to edges and sometimes catching them in front of the stumps.

In any case it seems that the solution must lay somewhere in the area of being able to change the wicketkeepers catching reaction time independently without affecting other Fielders and the useful increase in speed with which they are able to operate, also including the wicket keepers run out reaction time.

I just hope that they do have a high degree of specific control for individual Fielders and the various animations they are trying to produce.

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Can anyone suggest any good values for re-skilled players. My top order is 6 - 8 and the rest 4 or lower. Even the tailenders time the ball perfectly and you just can’t fool them. It is not realistic in any way. Yes you get the odd one or two that can play but not every single team.

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Never mind I am deleting all teams and starting from scratch. Somewhere something got corrupted or a setting got changed which I can’t remember. Could be the teams I downloaded.

Sparks

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
I think players need to think about how you view the sliders you have chosen as in new sliders need to be tested over say 2 tests or 3 ODIs. For example I had a good bowl in one game where I got 4 wickets for 50 odd and the next game I didn't get a wicket and got 0/80 odd. There are many other factors built into the game that you can't change that affect different matches. I'm playing career mode so haven't faced many international players but am enjoying my sliders. They are Gweavers for Tests and cricket with a controllers ODIs, I have slightly changed the AI sliders but am enjoying it. Also would still recommend sticking with only one creator when downloading teams so that may be a factor why some players are experiencing OP players!?

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Idea to help - nerf all teams/players by 10/15 pts.

So the best players are rated 75 not 90, the middle players 65 not 80 etc, worst 50 not 70, would still create the difference in player skill but open up dismissal variation much more @smurfygray86
unfortunately your career player is going to go into the 90's eventually

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Is there any chance for 24 to come on steam sale? Seems. INR 2999 a bit high. Would be glad to get it on sale though.

Users who are viewing this thread