Cricket 24 - General Discussion

PJ13

Club Captain
Just wondering if you all are getting edges while batting. Played around 45 overs with enough miss-timed shots but none of them getting any edge whereas before the patch I used to get plenty. I am using custom difficulty which is between Hard and hardest.

I am using Arcade controls.
I've been getting plenty while batting and bowling. Still too many going to the boundary at the speed of light but getting some good edges to the keeper/slips.

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I've been getting plenty while batting and bowling. Still too many going to the boundary at the speed of light but getting some good edges to the keeper/slips.
Are you on Arcade controls? And I am getting enough edges while bowling but none while batting with Arcade. With pro controls, it is working fine.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
See Big Ant are over in Wales to scan URC clubs for Rugby. Reckon there's any chance they decide to rig up at the counties and finally give Luke Wells a proper face?

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
No I'm not. I only use pro controls. Didn't realise it was specific to Arcade.
Yeah seems like the issue is only with Arcade controls

noys390

County Cricketer
In arcade, sweeps of spinner still has issues, while batting edges does not happen, more than anything else, the batting itself had become very easy at higher difficulty setting. It seems going forward, the game is forcing everyone to switch to pro-controls to get the full realism. Its difficult for someone like me to switch, who has played earlier iterations of the game in arcade control.

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
In arcade, sweeps of spinner still has issues, while batting edges does not happen, more than anything else, the batting itself had become very easy at higher difficulty setting. It seems going forward, the game is forcing everyone to switch to pro-controls to get the full realism. Its difficult for someone like me to switch, who has played earlier iterations of the game in arcade control.
Exactly I was forced to try pro controls because of the edge issue. Even on the hardest difficulty there is no way you could get out. Pro controls might be exciting but it is not everyone's cup of tea. I think a hotfix must be put out ASAP to fix it if anyone from BA is reading this. @MattW @JNT BA

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
See Big Ant are over in Wales to scan URC clubs for Rugby. Reckon there's any chance they decide to rig up at the counties and finally give Luke Wells a proper face?
Ross confirmed no cricket scans during this trip. 95% rugby, 5% tennis.

Hester

County Cricketer
Exactly I was forced to try pro controls because of the edge issue. Even on the hardest difficulty there is no way you could get out. Pro controls might be exciting but it is not everyone's cup of tea. I think a hotfix must be put out ASAP to fix it if anyone from BA is reading this. @MattW @JNT BA
This is a bit disappointing. Have you raised a ticket? I think it's the best way to get them to look at issues.

Edit: Having said that, you haven't accidently put automatic footwork on have you?

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
This is a bit disappointing. Have you raised a ticket? I think it's the best way to get them to look at issues.

Edit: Having said that, you haven't accidently put automatic footwork on have you?
No the automatic footwork is always off. I double checked it. Raised a ticket and they said they are investigating the issue. ATM arcade controls are unplayable at least for me

Users who are viewing this thread