Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Rana Pratap Singh_007

Club Cricketer
If any one from big ant here please note
We are playing online test and odi leagues and it's frustrating when the game crashes both side after playing so many overs in ps vs ps.
Pc still have a chance to recover the file but ps vs ps we can't recover the file . Please fix it or add auto save feature which was there in earlier edition at least we won't loose the game and we can start after crashing both sides.

noys390

County Cricketer
While batting edges are happening on arcade controls if the 'edge' sliders are kept high enough. The sweep shot in arcade is still partially broken though it is relatively better now.

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
While batting edges are happening on arcade controls if the 'edge' sliders are kept high enough. The sweep shot in arcade is still partially broken though it is relatively better now.
Would love to know your settings for edges. I had to stop playing because of that one particular issue

Ricky14

County Cricketer
Can anyone make these logos which are on shoulders? Would love to play Coca Cola cup with Nz, Ind, Eng, WI and Pak. Will be very grateful if someone can take sometime and make these.. I remember @sytrics did for Cricket 19.. IMG_20240503_124822.pngIMG_20240503_124835.png

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
There have always been some batsmen who played it a lot, although never so many as now. Duncan Fletcher tried to get all his batsmen to play it and bollocked them if he thought they didn't play it enough.

Botham and Gatting pioneered the reverse sweep in English cricket in the early 80s and Botham in particular was a really brilliant exponent of the slog sweep. One of the best ever at that shot.

Imo it's where the batting AI could use a bit more shot repertoire specific to particular players.

There's a nice slog sweep off late Indian spin master Bishan Bedi here at 2.32 but I think this whole knock is worth watching, from a C24 pov, because it shows how the low pull shot is actually viable against pace for a really good puller under specific circumstances - a bowling attack that's not express / a playing surface that's not got a lot of bounce in it.

As it is currently in C24, any old batsman can launch pull shots from knee high no matter who is bowling and that's always going to seem a bit uncanny.
I certainly feel like batters should have a 'repertoire' in addition to their mentality. I think there is a difference at present, I feel like you are more likely to see Aggressive or Brute players attempting more special shots. That's only a hunch though.

Ideally you'd split mentality into something like 'Intent' which drives their strike rate and scoring intensity. Then you could have 'Style' or 'Repertoire' which determines how they attempt to score those runs. I'm sure I came up with a 'matrix' for this, you could conceivably have it as adjustable.

Like this, but it was a little more thought out than this, I threw together cause I'm in bed. You would move a 'dot' around to indicate the extent to which a player falls into a particular category. Someone like Will Jacks, might be near the middle of that horizontal line on the right side, someone like Tim David more in the top right quadrant.
style_matrix.png
Orthodox being very limited or rigid in their shot selection, Slogger being someone who looks to primarily score by belting the ball, Unorthodox who would be more inclined look to manipulate the gaps in the field with scoops, sweep, laps etc. Pragmatic is potentially more situational, I guess you could categorise Joe Root in that, he could be seen as more orthodox but will use unorthodox shots when he feels it is necessary (or based on what he says when he just fancies it).

You could do likewise for scoring intent - I have something for that on my PC and it's something I refer to quite often, particularly when comparing lots of players.

Last edited:

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Are we able in a future patch to edit sweaters separately to the shirts? As not every side uses a cable knit, and the ones that do may sometimes have a differing design to the shirts themselves.

They've been able to do it for licensed sides so why can't we for academy sides? (oh and can we edit the blazers too?)

Attachments

• 1714741468539.jpeg
    1714741468539.jpeg
    193.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 1714741546351.jpeg
    1714741546351.jpeg
    291.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 1714741701918.jpeg
    1714741701918.jpeg
    357.6 KB · Views: 6

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Are we able in a future patch to edit sweaters separately to the shirts? As not every side uses a cable knit, and the ones that do may sometimes have a differing design to the shirts themselves.

They've been able to do it for licensed sides so why can't we for academy sides? (oh and can we edit the blazers too?)
I've been asking for this for about four years so I don't think a patch is likely to do it.

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
When the patch to fix gameplay issues will be released, it's almost 1 month since the last update.

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
When the patch to fix gameplay issues will be released, it's almost 1 month since the last update.
My best guess is that the next patch will be focused on updating players likenesses. But I really hope that they restore the edges for Arcade players. I have literally stopped playing after that. Even after putting the edges sliders at 100, there is no use. The game feels more like EA Cricket to me

dawg456

Club Cricketer
Hi all, is it just me or has the new pitch degradation and graphics system big ant bought in a few patches ago, disappeared now? I recently played a 2 test matches. Both went on for 5 days and the pitch didnt change at all plus they looked like the ones we had at release.

Users who are viewing this thread