Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Ricky14

County Cricketer
Love it! FIFA games also have great commentary and crowd noise.. Sure one day even cricket games will too have these features

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Love it! FIFA games also have great commentary and crowd noise.. Sure one day even cricket games will too have these features

Unless they drastically improved the commentary for the 2024 game, I don’t think FIFA has good commentary.

Ricky14

County Cricketer
I mean the excitement they bring during goal scoring.. In cricket games end overs commentary excitement isn't there
Unless they drastically improved the commentary for the 2024 game, I don’t think FIFA has good commentary.

Ricky14

County Cricketer

Some sound effect BA can be use
Post automatically merged:

Vuvuzela horn.. Now being used in cricket as well

Ricky14

County Cricketer

Evergreen Sri Lankan music with trumpet and few drums.. so soothing to ears even in a boring test match

Ricky14

County Cricketer
Crowd chatter can be added during test matches.. this you hear mostly crowd who are near to boundary

noys390

Associate Cricketer
Here are few basic things that needs some improvement first.
1. To fix the glitches on sweep in arcade control, still different shots being played out when timing deviates from ideal.
2. There is no proper catch drop animation happening on the outfield except by WK or slip. Instead of a proper catch drop the fielder simply refuses to respond to the ball or delays in responding which results in catch miss. Similar thing is happening on ground fielding too where there is no misfield animation and fielders let the ball go past them.
3. We still find AI bowlers consistently bowling a offside line having 4 fielders on legside boundary.

Responding to the above posts, having a good crowd atmosphere is good to have different atmosphere but the basic thing of grass texture on different continents should be reflected. Currently all the grass texture are same.

Abcd9994

Club Captain
Guys! There is 1 more issue. Request someone to please read this post and experiment, I feel confident you'll get same results.

When batting against pace bowlers using arcade control, it is not possible to hit the gap between cover and point if playing on the front foot. The ball will go straight to cover position. Sometimes it can still work if the ball is pitched way outside off stump. But if ball pitches around 5th or 6th stump line, it does not work. Ball goes straight to cover position.

I was playing on custom difficulty (Hard and then some sliders moved towards Hardest) and did not use any grounded aggressive / special type shot. Simple cover drive pressing the Attack shot type button.

While this might not be a major issue for several players, because it happens only when
a. Bowler type is pace bowlers, AND
b. Shot is played on the front foot

But still, I found it mildly frustrating tbh. This issue existed in Cricket 22 as well but was resolved by BA. In that game, the issue was present on both front and back foot so it was very irritating. Here it only happens on front foot.

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Guys! There is 1 more issue. Request someone to please read this post and experiment, I feel confident you'll get same results.

When batting against pace bowlers using arcade control, it is not possible to hit the gap between cover and point if playing on the front foot. The ball will go straight to cover position. Sometimes it can still work if the ball is pitched way outside off stump. But if ball pitches around 5th or 6th stump line, it does not work. Ball goes straight to cover position.

I was playing on custom difficulty (Hard and then some sliders moved towards Hardest) and did not use any grounded aggressive / special type shot. Simple cover drive pressing the Attack shot type button.

While this might not be a major issue for several players, because it happens only when
a. Bowler type is pace bowlers, AND
b. Shot is played on the front foot

But still, I found it mildly frustrating tbh. This issue existed in Cricket 22 as well but was resolved by BA. In that game, the issue was present on both front and back foot so it was very irritating. Here it only happens on front foot.
They don't care anymore. Almost a month since the last patch and didn't even bother to fix arcade/standard controls. Still playing but mostly just bowling.

Flat_Track_Bully

Club Cricketer
I’d say that BA could do a lot of work to make the game’s crowds sound better, yeah.

I actually enjoy playing now, the batting animations have become so much more fluid.

It's just the crowd sounds now. It would ramp up the immersion if we can get better crowd sounds specific for the country. Even if you have to release a DLC and charge for it Big Ant do it, I will pay for it but please make this happen.

midhun333

International Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I actually enjoy playing now, the batting animations have become so much more fluid.

It's just the crowd sounds now. It would ramp up the immersion if we can get better crowd sounds specific for the country. Even if you have to release a DLC and charge for it Big Ant do it, I will pay for it but please make this happen.
Crowd ambience as a DLC would be the second biggest rip off, first being the game itself!

Users who are viewing this thread