Cricket Coach 1.01 Reports

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I thought that the new version of CC deserved a new thread. I'm currently downloading it now and will report back with my review after I've given it a good run.

Thankfully it has a 2 day trial period. I would have preffered a week but if it is good enough I'll simply buy it.

bozo2c

School Cricketer
Well been playing cricketcoach for 2 hours, Its dropped out on me twice, making me have to restart. Once being Australia and the other NSW.
I Noticed opposition teams having 2 good batsman coming in at 10 , 11 with the bowlers pushed up 2 spots. :eek:
A small thing to , when ur finshed your inns and start the next then go back to check bowling figures the last bowler ( not the one who got the wicket ) dissappears. Not a major prob just cant see his figures.

Jason Gillispies carrer stats are empty as well.

only nit picking sorry :boxing

musha_13

School Cricketer
I think this version is much better, good work guys.

Also, I did notice where 2 good batsmen come in at 10 & 11 and all the bowlers are pushed up.

Also after the test series against Bangladesh I click on the thing in the top right corner that says about the test series and how I won 2-0. This caused it to crash.

Hope this ifo helps the developers as they have already done such a great job in updated from the first version.

chaingang

School Cricketer
for me i get this same error

Cricket Coach.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

i dont know why someone help me

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
the match engine is undoubtivly better.

I can get scores in the high 200s now in one dayers

4-5 dayers are still a bit 2 slow. i have to use full aggression to simply get 3-4 rpo

and yeh bozo2c, if you actually click on the area under the 2nd last bowler, it highlights and if clicked it shows that bowlers stats but yeh you wouldnt know unless you came accross it by accident, just a small bug. this happened when Justin Langer rolled the arm over in a one day game for WA

aint had ne crashes yet.

the player search is very annoying because it doesnt save your filter fully

contract issues:

i tried to release Graham Thorpe so i could free up an international spot. it said i had 2 few players to be able to release him. I then went and released McGrath and no issue there.

i then tried to release graham thorpe and it still said i had 2 few players to release him

i then, a day or so later, got a message saying that the board of directors blocked releasing him as he was 2 important.

oh and while the 2D match engine is better in this version, there are more outfield catches and more lofted shots, when a four is hit, the players are motionless. they just stand there and dont even offer a chase and, in lots of the cases, they could have gotten the ball if they tried.

oh and there aint any fielding restrictions in one dayers

musha_13

School Cricketer
Another thing,

I still think the one day score need to be higher in simulated matches and also there are too many draws in First Class Matches.

Other than this, I think I will buy the game (a much different opinion than I had the other day).

Sariecooke

School Cricketer
I have the issue where a batsman gets out but stays in, if that makes sense.

For example the 2d shows them getting out and the score card shows this but they still acculate runs and commentry still refers to them.

Consequently there is always an odd number of batsmen and you have to declare your innings as when your last batsmen gets out you go to the new batter screen but there is nobody left to put in so you have to declare.

Good effort though

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
Hasn't crashed for me as yet :)! The Australia v Bangladesh scores and other AI scores are also correct. Well done Oli and Glenn :clap :hpraise

hondeyho

International Cricketer
Much better than v1, again the realisticness is still a problem but there are many problems you have fixed.

hondeyho

International Cricketer
That happened to me as well, also Sri Lanka were batting for 200 overs which is incredibly unrealistic.

I have to congratulate Oli and Glenn though and say that this is a vast improvement on V1.

Timewell

School Cricketer
chaingang said:
for me i get this same error

Cricket Coach.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

i dont know why someone help me

I think Glenn and Oli will need more details if they can help you. If you click "View details" and then "View technical info" and take a screenshot of that screen (scrolled up to the top), then it will help them detect and understand the error.

Cheers.

whiteninness said:
4-5 dayers are still a bit 2 slow. i have to use full aggression to simply get 3-4 rpo

Firstly, thanks for the feedback. Glenn and Oli are working on improving the FC engine so that should gradually get better. On my version, full aggression gets me out - well, I am Derbyshire!!!

the player search is very annoying because it doesnt save your filter fully

The issue has been mentioned to Oli and Glenn and will be looked at sometime.

contract issues:

i tried to release Graham Thorpe so i could free up an international spot. it said i had 2 few players to be able to release him. I then went and released McGrath and no issue there.

i then tried to release graham thorpe and it still said i had 2 few players to release him

i then, a day or so later, got a message saying that the board of directors blocked releasing him as he was 2 important.

Hmm...that sounds odd.

oh and while the 2D match engine is better in this version, there are more outfield catches and more lofted shots, when a four is hit, the players are motionless. they just stand there and dont even offer a chase and, in lots of the cases, they could have gotten the ball if they tried.

I agree that the 2D engine in this version is a lot better. I've seen players chase after fours quite a few times - so I'm not sure what is going on there. There is an odd occasion when the player could have got to it though....but that happens in cricket anyway, so it could be regarded as being quite realistic!

oh and there aint any fielding restrictions in one dayers

Has been noted and will be looked at.

musha_13 said:
I still think the one day score need to be higher in simulated matches and also there are too many draws in First Class Matches.

Not seen too many draws myself. I think that the FC and, perhaps, the OD scores, in England, need to be made a bit higher.

Sariecooke said:
I have the issue where a batsman gets out but stays in, if that makes sense.

For example the 2d shows them getting out and the score card shows this but they still acculate runs and commentry still refers to them.

Consequently there is always an odd number of batsmen and you have to declare your innings as when your last batsmen gets out you go to the new batter screen but there is nobody left to put in so you have to declare.

It wasn't off a no ball was it? That's the only occasion I can think of when the 2D engine showed the guy getting out and then he walked back...

How odd...I've not seen it myself. Hmm...it will be mentioned to Oli and Glenn.

New Road End said:
Nah Crashed again on start up. ICC Worked ok so cant understand this.

I think Glenn and Oli will need more details if they can help you. If you click "View details" and then "View technical info" and take a screenshot of that screen (scrolled up to the top), then it will help them detect and understand the error.

Sariecooke

School Cricketer

Users who are viewing this thread