Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allrounder18

Banned
Here is my latest patch review

Ai didnt accelerate at all in the last 3 overs and they only managed 107/5 in 20 overs
Was good against new ball bowling
Was having trouble against spin. (pitch was in late 60s all
)

kurtkz

Game Developer
OK - another small update:

- better assignment of field positions in field editor
- tweaks to AI batting aggression
- fixes to Launcher (should prevent crashing)
- fixes to resolve corrupt textures (needs more testing)

@Allrounder18 is quite right - the current models make applying mocap a little difficult. I'm looking into MakeHuman to see if we could possibly start replacing models with that...

Allrounder18

Banned
@kurtkz
Can you increase the impact of PACE in the game , like more pacy bowler can get rid of low quality batsmen/ (batsmen whose vs pace skill is weak) more easily compare to the highly skilled but less pacy bowler? This gives incentive to train strength training in career mode.

kurtkz

Game Developer
@Allrounder18: Will do - that does happen already, but I guess it's not strong enough.

I'm really struggling to find some decent models to replace the umpire with. I've extracted most of the mocap animations for the umpire, but one or two still need some cleaning up. Unfortunately, it looks pretty bad with the current model due to the size of the model's head and hands, so I'm hesitant to continue using the current model.

I think for now, something ultra low poly would work because I can at least mod those pretty easily. If anyone has any textured ultra low poly models lying around, that'd be great. Even better - if you know of anyone who would be willing to make some ultra low poly models for the game, please bring them here! :)

Pat

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
How about this?

human male 3d model

Free, free, free :)
Poly count is 2,800

Male human in t-pose fully textured. Low polygon count, and high quality texture. Suitable for a wide range of uses including games, rendered animations, architectural renderings.
Easy to rig.
This is a .zip file that contains the following:
orignal .blend, .obj&.mtl, .lwo, .fbx, .xsi & .jpg texture.

kurtkz

Game Developer
Hehe, I actually downloaded that one last night :) It looks a little weird, but could work for the umpire I guess. Not sure it'd work for the other models. This creates another problem - it will look really odd if I mix and match different models in the game.

I'm chatting to an artist friend of mine to see if he'd be willing to make something but it's probably going to cost me. I'll see what the outcome is though.

Reactions: Pat

Pat

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hehe, I actually downloaded that one last night :) It looks a little weird, but could work for the umpire I guess. Not sure it'd work for the other models. This creates another problem - it will look really odd if I mix and match different models in the game.

I'm chatting to an artist friend of mine to see if he'd be willing to make something but it's probably going to cost me. I'll see what the outcome is though.

Not sure if you looked around on that site. It has quite a few free or very low cost ($1-$10) models.

Also, if you need to buy a model, I am sure all of us here can pitch in by purchasing another copy or two of your game ;)

kurtkz

Game Developer
@Pat: Thanks, but I think I've trawled pretty much all of the internet for models now :/ They're all too different style-wise to use in the same game. Short of getting someone to make models for us or me paying someone to make models, I don't see a way out.

@Allrounder18: I couldn't find coat/pants/hat options. I don't think MakeHuman comes with a proper library of clothes.

Reactions: Pat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread