Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allrounder18

Banned
When our career player retires then we should be given an option to resume with the same team with a new career player (but with better skills this so that he can fit in with the team) ? Surely that wont be hard/time consuming right?

kurtkz

Game Developer
It's actually pretty difficult because there's so many skills to take into account (and that are built up over the seasons). If you started the game as fast bowler and you retired and you now want to be a batsman...how do the various skills get assigned? It's nuances like this take a lot of time to get right. I might come back to it in a future version of the game after I've thought it through properly but not for now.

Allrounder18

Banned
Can you make it like DBC14 when your career player and all AI players successfully pull of a delivery/shot a msg pop ups telling that player X has gain certain skill points

I think you should bump up the negative marking when player perform bad , also when you skip the games (i-e not simulating them) the amount of skill gains are identical (not the xp I am talking about) I think they should be more randomized.

kurtkz

Game Developer
That's going to be very annoying because you're likely to get tons of these messages and it'll look weird getting a message saying "Your cover drive has increased by 0.12 points".

You don't get marked down too much, but I'll see if I can look at that too.You don't gain skills at nearly the same level when simulating a game compared to when you play it.

Allrounder18

Banned
Yea thats should be changed , skill gains should be on the same level as play mode and skipping (and also randomized when skipping)

Dont apply the popup msg thing , you are right it will get annoying after some time.

kurtkz

Game Developer
Hmm, I'm inclined to not do that simply because the AI won't play like you play. It'll do certain things to your strengths (which you will gain points for), but for the rest it won't.

Allrounder18

Banned
I mean for some AI players the skill gains will be different compare to others because they beat the batsmen more often in that skipped match ,(which obviously didnt happen in real because it was a skipped match so in order to retrieve/replicate that data , bowling stats can be used to determine the skill gains)

sweet magee

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Just downloaded the game but can't seem to get my wired Xbox 360 controller to work - searched this thread and seems to have been mentioned as a problem by a few people ages ago. Did it get sorted out ? I've done the launcher thing and calibrated the gamepad directions but the game doesn't seem to recognise it at all.

Allrounder18

Banned
AI batting is pretty bad against spin bowling (even though the pitch was zero for spin) but spinners took 7wkts.
Couldnt see reverse swing the ball was 16% damage after 16 overs.
Another low score total (Fresh Career)
AI playing still playing early and missing/lbw too often

Will update more

BTW does the ball reverse it in both directions?

Last edited:

Allrounder18

Banned
Tried the game (Aus Vs Saf) in order to witness reverse swing , ball was 16% damage after 16 overs but was deshaped a bit , couldnt get any reverse swing :S , I think you should test the reverse swing in t20s.[DOUBLEPOST=1441039954][/DOUBLEPOST]
@allrounder it reverses appropriately for left and right handed bowlers. How did the AI get out to the spinners?

@sweet magee I'm not sure why it's not working :( I'll investigate a little later.

Edges 90% of them and one caught of fielder.[DOUBLEPOST=1441040023][/DOUBLEPOST]Scores in international mode is good dunno why they are lower in career mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread