Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

kurtkz

Game Developer
@Meet: I'll take a look at auto team selection & venue selection for beach cricket - any more info for me regarding what's breaking? Also, I haven't given up on optimizing the game for Intel chipsets, but it's a major pain in the backside. It's not going to be fixed soon though since it's going to take a major overhaul of the rendering engine.

@Mikeyw12345: :facepalm:facepalm:facepalm Apologies mate, I really thought I had that one fixed - back to the drawing board for me. I'll fix that up and relook at LBWs. You're quite right, the umpires are way too strict on awarding LBWs. Also agree on the "not out" message. Should I show it in the status bar (next to the score) or should it flash up on screen in big, bold text?

kurtkz

Game Developer
Hi guys,

so far I've made the following changes:

- fixed run outs (finally)
- umpires are less strict on LBWs
- a command line option to maximise the window at startup
- right-click on username/serial key pastes whatever's in the clipboard
- Not Out dialog is showed at the top of the screen when a decision is given not out (after a referral)
- fixed bug where ODI Quick Matches would instead create a T20 match
- fixed incorrect ball colour for matches

@Meet: I'm not sure what's wrong with team/venue selection in beach cricket mode - when you get a chance can you let me know what the bug was?

Cheers
Kurt

Last edited:

deep007ism

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Mate can we expect a gameplay video in 3D mode.:wave

kurtkz

Game Developer
@deep007ism: Yup, I'll try to put up one today - please note that it's not fully 3D, it just replaces the sprites with 3D models.

EDIT: If at some point I actually make enough money, I'll be able to dedicate some time to making it fully 3D. As it stands though, that's not gonna happen anytime soon :P

Last edited:

Meet

Chairman of Selectors
@Meet: I'm not sure what's wrong with team/venue selection in beach cricket mode - when you get a chance can you let me know what the bug was?
The same bug which happened when I was playing HK6.

And that lag just forces me to not test it, even when I want to do it.:/

kurtkz

Game Developer
@Meet: I completely understand, but there's not much I can do about it at the moment unfortunately. I have the same Intel GPU as you in one of my laptops and the 2D mode shows up fine :/ I'll see if I can put together a low-res texture pack for you and PM you later. Hopefully that'll at least let you play the game...

----------

Hi all,

update v1.34 is now available!

Changelog

- fixed run outs (finally)
- umpires are less strict on LBWs
- a command line option to maximise the window at startup
- right-click on username/serial key pastes whatever's in the clipboard
- Not Out dialog is showed at the top of the screen when a decision is given not out (after a referral)
- fixed bug where ODI Quick Matches would instead create a T20 match
- fixed incorrect ball colour for matches

Cheers
Kurt

Mikeyw12345

School Cricketer
I'm still not seeing the umpires give any LBW's without referring.
I've noticed that when a bowler's control is reduced and the aimer 'pulse' gets bigger, regaining control does not reduce the pulse back to its original size. I think control probably goes down a little too fast as well, being hit for 4 etc should reduce it but bowling swing should not reduce it so much, the likes of Jimmy Anderson's stock ball is an outswinger.

Just had this crash in a test, I was bowling and it was nearing lunch (the game is really getting there btw, it is good)

STACK TRACE: at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowKeyNotFoundException()
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
at Resources.Sprites.Spritesheet.BlitSpriteScale2DShadow(String name, String animation, Int32 frame, Single x, Single y, Single w, Single h, Single lx, Single ly, Single lz)
at Cricket.Main.GameObject.Player.Render(Single ratio, Camera2D camera, Boolean isTest)
at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Display(Single ratio)
at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Loop()
at Cricket.Main.Game.Main(String[] args)

Last edited:

kurtkz

Game Developer
Thanks for the kind words :) I'll take a look at those 3 issues - do you by any chance remember how many LBW appeals you made and how many were successfully reverse on review?

EDIT: Oops, never mind. Found the issue :)

Last edited:

kurtkz

Game Developer
Hi all,

update v1.35 is now available!

Changelog

- umpires are less strict on LBWs now (even more so)
- improved bowler-obstacle avoidance
- fixed bug where ball gets stuck in stumps
- pulse circle size calculated correctly now (still need feedback about how quickly it should change)
- fixed crash in tests

Cheers!
Kurt

kurtkz

Game Developer
deep007ism: You can check out a few videos on Youtube of the "3D" mode. My laptop isn't the most powerful though, so recording pretty much killed the performance and so the video looks very choppy. It should give you an idea what it's all about though - the models look much more defined, the animation is smoother and things like the kit and individual player skin colour are defined too.

gameplay.avi - YouTube (general gameplay)
physics - YouTube (stump+bail physics)
replay - YouTube (replay)

Cheers
Kurt

PS if anyone would like to put better looking videos, please do and share them :)

kurtkz

Game Developer
Hi all,

I just made a few tweaks this morning - will upload again either tonight or tomorrow sometime:

- bowler-obstacle correction improvement
- improved ball-pad collision
- batsman backing up animation fix in 2D for unregistered users

Once this version is stable I'll start working on career mode :)

Cheers
Kurt

itay128

Club Captain
@kurtkz: There are quite a few achievements which didn't unlock:
- Score 200 in a T20 innings
- Score 300 in an ODI innings
- Score 500 in a test innings
- Winning a T20 series (tried series mode but didn't unlock, haven't yet tried a series in ODI or Tests)

Seems that straight drives aren't going past the bowler that often unless you loft the ball over the bowler's head.

kurtkz

Game Developer
@itay: Cool - I'll check out the series achievements. I'll also adjust the straight drive. You're right, it does play it too straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread