Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeetu

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
@jeetu: Sure thing. I'll have that fixed in the next patch.
Sorry regarding the batting stats it was my mistake as there was a super over that i didn't take into account.
The bug is only regarding bowling stats.

dancingmongoose

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I really like that idea. It would definitely give the players more character. There's only so much that set attributes can convey.

If you have some time would you mind drawing up a list of characteristics you'd like to see? Otherwise, I can make it scriptable and you can change it on the fly in the roster editor. I guess I just need a list of things that should be tweakable.
This is the PCCS ones
CGfUSe0.png

Some of those probably could be amalgamated

dancingmongoose

International Coach
Thinking about how they would work:

Slogger: a slog shot is slightly easier to time than a non slog shot, also AI more likely to go for a slog shot
Rhythm bowler: Bowling skills are slightly decreased for the opening over of their spell, and then increases to normal around the 4th over, before increasing slightly the longer they bowl
Death bowler: Bowling skills increased in the final 10% of an innings (limited over only)
Finisher: As above, except with batting
New ball bowler: Bowling skills slightly increased if ball damage is less than 20% or so
Old ball bowler: Bowling skills slightly increased if ball damage is more than 50% or so

kurtkz

Game Developer
I really like that. I'm just finishing up some UI changes and then I'll get started with those attributes. I'll try to make it semi-scriptable so that people can fiddle around and create their own characteristics too.

jeetu

County Cricketer
Slogger: a slog shot is slightly easier to time than a non slog shot, also AI more likely to go for a slog shot
Rhythm bowler: Bowling skills are slightly decreased for the opening over of their spell, and then increases to normal around the 4th over, before increasing slightly the longer they bowl
Death bowler: Bowling skills increased in the final 10% of an innings (limited over only)
New ball bowler: Bowling skills slightly increased if ball damage is less than 20% or so
Old ball bowler: Bowling skills slightly increased if ball damage is more than 50% or so
Help.
Thinking about how they would work:

I was thinking along the same lines , but i feel there should be some compensating factor also.
For example
Slogger gets aggressive boost but his skill point get reduced.
Death bowler - Lower skill at beginning.

Pat

International Coach
Hows the UI coming along? Any screenshots of WIP? :)

kurtkz

Game Developer
The UI looks pretty much like it does with the current patch. I'm just making sure things align, limiting the number of items displayed in scroll lists, etc.

Reactions: Pat

kurtkz

Game Developer
Hmm, so so far these are the attributes you can mess with in the scripts:

stamina
bowling speed
bowling skill
bowling accuracy
strength (bowling)
batting skill
batting aggression (for AI)
batting placement
batting comfort? (how quickly it takes to settle)
power (batting)

So - with these in place, you could write a script to simulate a slogger who would have lower placement & skill, but higher power and be quicker to settle down.

EDIT: You'll also have access to all the other in-game info, like game mode, inning stats, field placings, etc. Not sure that that's particularly useful, but someone could come up with some interesting characteristics I guess.

Last edited:

kurtkz

Game Developer
So I've implemented the characteristics DM talked about. Are there any more I should implement before the next patch? The scripts themselves are quite simple but there's a lot of functionality in the background that you can access. I might need to document quite a bit of it...

kurtkz

Game Developer
Oh - and probably the biggest change to the UI is the new font system. The game now supports TTF fonts - one for the header bar and one for the actual menu/in-game text.

ibad17

School Cricketer
Hehe, it keeps me sane in between the crunch at work. I'll probably upload the new patch tomorrow if no-one else has anything they'd like to see in it.
How about high scoring variations. Scores above 400+ in One days. Much easier than a ROAD. Like Creampie. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread