Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibad17

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
@ibad17: Hmm, I'll need to take a look at the slowness. Not sure why that's happening. What errors did you get btw?
It just stops for sometime and then continue. Very slow indeed. Takes around 20-30 min for one Test match to complete.
ODI and T20s are fine.

kurtkz

Game Developer
Whoa. That shouldn't be happening...it should take 2-3min max. OK cool, I'll take a look at that and hold off on releasing a new patch until the weekend.

Maybe I'll have enough time to redo the bowling mechanism then too.

ibad17

School Cricketer
Whoa. That shouldn't be happening...it should take 2-3min max. OK cool, I'll take a look at that and hold off on releasing a new patch until the weekend.

Maybe I'll have enough time to redo the bowling mechanism then too.

When can we expect the new patch..

Pat

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hehe, this is true, Pat. Is it the speed of the simulation that's an issue? That's been my biggest problem sorting out.

Yes, I think the real problem is that simulation in CH actually has the game run in background in full-speed. Typically, simulation engines just generate results (numbers) based on various statistics so they are way faster (like 5-10 seconds max per innings)

EDIT: Also, anyone care to give me a breakdown of how bowling works in DBC?
This should help:
Don Bradman CRICKET 14 Batting/Bowling/Fielding Controls (Updated) - Don Bradman Cricket 14 Forum on PlanetCricket Forums

kurtkz

Game Developer
@Pat: Yeah, it runs a slightly cut-down version of the game in the background because it needs to generate accurate graphs (and generally gives more realistic results). I'll try to fix the test match simulations for now and then try to speed it up later. The situation in series, tournaments and career mode is slightly improved now because it runs simulations in parallel (up to 8 games at a time IIRC) without running slower.

Reactions: Pat

dancingmongoose

International Coach
I'll try to run another game soon, but here's a few suggestions.

Cricinfo profile link in player editor (Yes the CD9 has this)
There doesn't seem to be an endurance skill or talent, not sure if CD9 has one, haven't played for so long
Order by bat/bowl skill by clicking on the column name in squad selection

I'm sure there was more but I can't seem to remember now

kurtkz

Game Developer
Excellent - yeah, I actually do extract the cricinfo player link, but for some reason I decided not to include it in the roster. I'll definitely add that. I also have the player profile pics (it's a 200MB download), so I *could* include that if needed.

There's a fitness attribute on the players but I'm not sure if I've exposed that in the roster editor - if not, I'll include that too.

And I've just added the sort by button on the squad and lineup selection screens :)

dancingmongoose

International Coach
When the game updates, does it update the rosters as well? I changed a few name to the real names before the latest update but now they are spoofs again

dancingmongoose

International Coach
Ok, playing another game, gosh this lag in unbearable. It's only in the game though, the menus are fine. I think it might be the environment, I made the clouds static but it hasn't helped. Shadows are as low as the can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread