Cricket Life 2007 Interview Part:1 of 2

sid_19840

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
The interview questions recently asked by our PlanetCricket members has been replied to by the game developers.

gamebience_341x72.gif

Cricket Life 2007 Interview Part 1 of 2

The interview was held on behalf of PlanetCricket on September 16, 2006 with James Carlton, who is a programmer in the CL2007 development team and Mr. S.A. Uzayr, CL 2007 project head.

Here?s the first of the two parts of the interview.

Game concept, competition etc:

Q1: Assuming that you are creating a management game, How do you think it can compete with other management games like ICC & Cricket Coach? (Viral1991)

(S.A.): Cricket Life 2007 is not positioned to compete with either of those games mentioned nor intended to compete with two other major Cricket games in the market that might be released around the same time.
We are banking on the unique concept of the game and we are confident that its concept and its features will appeal to the gamers and cricket lovers.
It isn?t that the gamers won?t buy this game if they buy other cricket games, because this is a different game than the others.

Feature-related questions:

Q 3: Will the names of players, organizations & teams be editable? (Viral1991)
(James): Yes. The database is completely editable.

Q 4: It has been revealed that we will be able to lead a player to the international stage! So, will we able to play as them, ie., bat or bowl? (Viral1991)

(James): You are controlling the player?s life, and batting or bowling is an integral part of the player?s life.

Q 5: Will all countries' state teams be included? or just County teams? (Venom2011) (James): All major countries? state/provincial/county teams are included. Please refer to Feature Set 01 available in www.Gamebience.com/forum under the ?features & Screenshots section? to read more about this.

Q 6: Will there be the Kolpak ruling, if you can't get a game anywhere will you be allowed to become a kolpak player? (Aus5892)

(James): You will be able switch countries or teams in the game.

Q 7: Will there be any Official Roster Updates? (Madhav)

(S.A.): We will try to update the game or add new features to the game from time to time by releasing add-on packs. This is another feature that makes the game so unique.

Q 8: Will there be any Warmups/Exercises before a match? (Madhav)

(James): Yes, gym workouts and fitness sessions are integral to the player?s cricketing life and are included. However, if you are asking whether it will be fully in 3D, then the answer is no.

Q 9: Will there be a create-a-player option? (mettalics2006)

(James): Yes, you will be able to create/modify/delete players.

Q 10: If yes, can u play the career mode with that player? (mettalics2006) (James): Yes.

Q 11: Can u play the career mode with original players? (mettalics2006)

(S.A.): This will be answered in one of the upcoming feature sets, but the gamers might have already guessed the answer for this one.

Game graphics:

Q 12: Will the game be 3D? (Viral1991)

(S.A.): If you are asking whether the game has 3D graphics, the answer is yes. We are incorporating 3D graphics where possible just to add more flavor to the strategy management aspect of the game. It is very important to understand that the gamers should not see it as full 3D cricket game as it isn?t meant to be one. The core aim of the game is, of course, to manage the life of a cricket player with all its ups and downs and 3D graphics is just to complement the management aspect.

Q 13: Will we be able to edit the graphics (stumps, bats, models, pitches, outdields, etc.), add commentary, or change the effect of morale, etc.? (Viral1991)

(S.A.): Cricket Life 2007 will be one of the first cricket games to be modder-friendly. Gamers may already have known about our decision to release Software Development Kits (SDK) that gives virtual control to the modders to use C++ programming to modify or create new modules such as creating or modifying tournaments.

Q 14: Will there be 3D Crowd? (Madhav)

(S.A.): Yes.

Miscellaneous:

sid_19840: What is the major factor in your opinion which would make this game unique and thus popular?

(S.A.): As you may see from the feature sets (and will be seeing in the upcoming feature sets as well), there are dozens of factors, not just one or two, that make the game unique and stand out from other cricket games. Whether it is the game concept or its features, both were conceptualized and developed over a period of time. This is a multi-dimensional game that offers some stimulating mental exercise and tests the gamers? cognitive dexterity in making intelligent decisions.
Sim-type games have been popular in all other genres and cricket gamers will appreciate that they have finally be getting such a game.
Moreover, Gamebience is committed to enhance the gaming experience. We will strive to deliver what the gamers request. At Gamebience, its gamers are not just consumers but are also a part of the development team.
The second and last part of the interview will be posted sometime next week.

Last edited:
yeah this certainly looks like a decent game

the commitment to making the game perfect is astonishing

"Q 12: Will the game be 3D? (Viral1991)

(S.A.): If you are asking whether the game has 3D graphics, the answer is yes. We are incorporating 3D graphics where possible just to add more flavor to the strategy management aspect of the game. It is very important to understand that the gamers should not see it as full 3D cricket game as it isn?t meant to be one. The core aim of the game is, of course, to manage the life of a cricket player with all its ups and downs and 3D graphics is just to complement the management aspect."

This is the most important Q&A. Including this with the fact he won't give detailed answers to previous questions, I suspect that we wont be able to actually "play" games as our players, but possibly adjust tactics for our players similar to ICC. That's a bit of a let down, but that's the type of game they've tried to design.

dtrain said:

(S.A.): If you are asking whether the game has 3D graphics, the answer is yes. We are incorporating 3D graphics where possible just to add more flavor to the strategy management aspect of the game. It is very important to understand that the gamers should not see it as full 3D cricket game as it isn?t meant to be one. The core aim of the game is, of course, to manage the life of a cricket player with all its ups and downs and 3D graphics is just to complement the management aspect."

This is the most important Q&A. Including this with the fact he won't give detailed answers to previous questions, I suspect that we wont be able to actually "play" games as our players, but possibly adjust tactics for our players similar to ICC. That's a bit of a let down, but that's the type of game they've tried to design.
This is a life simulation game, I would never expect to actually play cricket!

it would almost be the perfect game if you could actually play cricket in it, but that is asking too much from the creators, maybe in 5 years time you can ask for that :clap

dtrain said:

That may be so, but why would he say this if it was purely a management game??

Q 4: It has been revealed that we will be able to lead a player to the international stage! So, will we able to play as them, ie., bat or bowl? (Viral1991)

(James): You are controlling the player?s life, and batting or bowling is an integral part of the player?s life.

Lattimorx said:
That may be so, but why would he say this if it was purely a management game??
I believe he means you control their life, so you can also control their playing career, not actually playing the game but helping him with tactics.

dtrain said:

I think your right, I think they are trying to avoid the fact that you won't actually be able to control your player in a match (like u would in other games like ricky ponting 05).
This is fine I suppose I personally don't think its going to be an issue if you can't (but just damn tell us you can't will you)...but what I really want to know is if you will actually be able to atleast watch the game in 3d and give out tactics (even if it is with an aggression bar down the bottom of the screen)....the thing is, there has be some reason why they have supplied us with 3d stadium screenshots right?
Surely the 3d screenshots arn't just a tease to get us interested in the game? They may just end up being the pictures to be displayed behind a lot of text within the game and actually mean nothing (and based on looking at the other screen layout, it wouldn't surprise me at all).

I think the Q&A was quite useless and the questions were not answered at all well...."You are controlling the player?s life, and batting or bowling is an integral part of the player?s life." I mean what type of an answer is this?? ...urrrm I thought a players life revolved around text messaging woman and getting involved in match-fixing....of course batting or bowling is integral to a players life...its integral to cricket, lets just hope they answer the next batch of questions properly.

ooooooohhhhhhoooooooo i think there will be no more 3D Grapics gameplay,, like Brian05,07,,,,oe ea cricket,,,,, this is not fare,, they have a concept , then they should go for the best and amazing graphics///////////

[email protected]

Users who are viewing this thread