Cricket Management Simulator

I would be happy to help with the run scoring algorithm, currently I'm only just learning C++ so I only have very basic knowledge and can't help you too much, but I can try to help you make it as realistic as possible through defining the right values of the artifical intelligence. ;)

So far it sounds good. keep up the hard work on it

Thanks...

I would be happy to help with the run scoring algorithm, currently I'm only just learning C++ so I only have very basic knowledge and can't help you too much, but I can try to help you make it as realistic as possible through defining the right values of the artifical intelligence. ;)

Thanks Blake.Once I complete the code, I shall discuss the algorithm with you. I dont think you would need any programming language, but just a bit of math. I will code the algorithm into the game. :)

Precisely, that's why I offered to help - creating the perfect AI would take more math which is my specialty. I would also like to help just to learn more about creating different AI, and what sort of 'levels' you would set it to, and perhaps just a sort of a guideline if I ever get bored and attempt a cricket game someday. :D

Nice to hear that Blake. I will email/PM you the way I do my run scoring math for now. Let me have your thoughts.

After spending 90 minutes tonite on the commentary, I realized that I need to implement it in a totally different way. So rite now, the game has some bland text being outputted.

Tomorrow, I will commence work on the bowling and the order handling.

Will also be discussing the algorithms with Blake.

dbest - I have sent you some feedback regarding the amount of runs scored per ball in an attempt to tone down the run rate a little bit. I haven't really looked at it in depth yet, but that's just a start.

Thanks Blake. I will implement your feedback and see how it works out. The massive run-rate is a cause for concern.

Anything else that you would like to add, do let me know.

A quick update. I have modified a few parameters in the run scoring algorithm, but am still not too pleased with it. :mad:

However the bowling has now been made a bit more flexible. I now have to work on the orders and commentary. The orders should get done sooner.

I would need some help in creating some squads from demo testing. Anyone ready to spend a few minutes in creating the squads, please drop me a line in my inbox.

Due to some issues with the browser crashing on windows vista, i had to reinstall my OS. So right now, development has taken a halt and looks like I will be only able to work on the code from late August or early Sept.

Will keep you guys posted.

If any one is interested in taking over the game, I am willing to send the share code.

Ok i am making my sim may be you can give me!!! i can progress this forward!!

Great, replied to your PM. Send me an email and will send across the code.

Users who are viewing this thread