dbc hacks: fearsome tweak v2.90 +minigame v0.03

D

Dutch

@themusketeer was about to mention that :p
I was just about not to.....:p[DOUBLEPOST=1462447287][/DOUBLEPOST]
I would always advise caution, but DBC14 uses peer to peer online and not a VAC guarded server, which is where those kind of bans can apply.

Be careful you don't run this kind of thing when other games are running, in case those do use VAC.
Have you had a chance to give it a whirl Matt, the patch I mean?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
would love to know what @MattW thinks of it!

I'll be honest, from what I've played of it - a fair bit now since the weekend on both v02 and v04 - it's exactly the sort of thing we were hoping BA were gonna throw at us during all the steam updates last year. i think Normal pressure (for me, on veteran) is giving a good balance.

Kshitij Ozarkar

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
A quick question. I'm still on v0.2 , all working fine. So what exactly has changed in v0.4? I tried looking through the thread, but couldn't exactly understand. If anyone could help!

P.S. - Shouldn't there be a like button? Its kind of weird sometimes using the 'Thanks' option on some comments.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
would love to know what @MattW thinks of it!
Just gave it the one innings - my stand out would be the number of swings and misses I was getting - quite a number that I had to go back to the replay to see how they ended up missing the bat. It's certainly a feeling I've gotten from the game in the past, but not with quite the frequency of this. That made it quite enjoyable - though reduced somewhat by some really cheap dismissals with the three caught and bowled dismissals.

Was playing on Pro difficulty with the tweak set to normal. Playing with some old teams as I've not played the game that much at home recently - might give this a longer go on the weekend and bump it up to veteran or legend and just simulate the batting.

At least in this match, I don't think it gave me a balanced experience - but it made it a lot more enjoyable to be bowling, which is a good outcome by itself.

Nice work @francobaldo1 - I'm interested what kind of things you changed.

Attachments

• 20160505223928_1.jpg
    20160505223928_1.jpg
    237.8 KB · Views: 23

grkrama

National Board President
ya think the pressure level varies with the way each of us play, for me it settles good with high pressure on legend difficulty!

francobaldo1

Fearsome tweak legend...
ty MattW, i'm just changing some code in memory and see what is the outcome, especially the code that seems to affect the AI. Most of the time i just
read the memory dumps without running the game ^^
Anyway in the "normal" level the impact is less obvious, usually i use the "very high" level for some overs to test the tweak.

myhill35

County Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
so are people gonna be using this online????..not cool !!!vs aI is fine to enhance gameplay ect...but online surely u just a cheat if u need it against humans!
Please ensure this hack cannot be used online as is..........maybe if bigant approve it as an official patch fine but many people who payed ££££ for the game shouldnt be subject to this. also not all dbc players visit these forums.

steve121157

Banned
@nutshot @steve121157 have you tried v04 on normal?

Certainly in tests it's giving a great balance I think

I'll try the same Notts v Yorks 4 day game tonight on normal and see what happens.
It would be better if Nottinghamshire scored something around 260 and 350 as in the real life game earlier this week.

By the way I don't pick Adil Rashid as I'm useless at spin bowling, but Bresnan is a good alternative.

Last edited:

AnkitC

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
God!! How late am I to the party!!

Great stuff Franco :thumbs Real Time Memory Injection. :yes

francobaldo1

Fearsome tweak legend...
yes i'm not sure a patched executable would work with steam.

Hopefully i will upload the next version in some minutes, will edit this post ^^

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Nice work @francobaldo1 - I'm interested what kind of things you changed.

Recommend I give this a download and a try? Unrelated: Are you around today for an online game so I can defend my West Island Premier League Shield against your hapless team of green haired buffoons?

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Recommend I give this a download and a try? Unrelated: Are you around today for an online game so I can defend my West Island Premier League Shield against your hapless team of green haired buffoons?

Why would you not give it a try!?

EDIT: Also I think mattw has only played one innings so far.

Users who are viewing this thread