Review: DBC14 Career Mode: Batsman

fanirama

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Good. this game sounds like a sports version of Dark Souls, a game which will keep me absorbed for over 100 hrs starting Apr 25....

dhump

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hey biggs
just wondering what your high score?

Score of his wrong lbw decisions (as umpire) against my batsman is damn too high.

I am writing to ICC now.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I was thinking about mindset and I reckon I've got the old control systems in my head. Premeditating shots and footwork based on where the gaps are rather than waiting for the right ball.
I'm trying to get into the habit of planning certain shots but only executing them to the right ball!

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
Hey biggs
just wondering what your high score?

69 in a T20 ...it's getting easier to score I just get insanely frustrated

Sammuthegreat

School Cricketer
Just got the game this evening and have raced through quite a lot of my first season. My average is pretty bad and I've had 4 king pairs but I hit 77 off 30 deliveries in a four-day county game. The AI kept setting awful fields so I kept hitting round them. I hit 22 off one over at one point, and brought up my maiden 50 with a booming straight six into the sight screen :D so nonchalant I didn't even start running...

Every time I get out, I'm annoyed at myself rather than the game because it's almost always my fault for not being patient enough and pre-empting my shots. Sure there's been a couple of annoying buggy ones - I got out to the run-out glitch once or twice and the fielders literally never drop anything - but 90% of the time I get out because I've gone for a shot I shouldn't have.

A couple of times I've been properly worked over by bowlers too. In fact I was coasting along happily on 32n.o. just now off about 35 deliveries, building a decent partnership, and I laced a beautiful 4 through the covers first delivery of an over. Then the bowler decided to rough my up with some short stuff - I'm never very good at picking the short ones - so after I played and missed one then got hit by the next, the bowler decided to keep it short. Then last ball of the over he put a fuller one down just outside off, I drove and nicked through to the keeper!

Argh. So frustrating but so awesome nonetheless.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
Totally agree. It's the perfect combination of frustration and fun... Like real cricket!

Users who are viewing this thread