DBC14 PC Version 1.13

Very happy to read all the positive reviews about the patches released....:thumbs

still a bit worried, everyone said patch 2 was great and it made the game unplayable for me. which was a shame as all the added stuff outside the engine, taking your guy to the nets, starting age etc etc was great, I just literally despise spending anymore than 10 minutes playing it.

The square leg umpire no longer holds his arm out whilst viewing the field :clap

still a bit worried, everyone said patch 2 was great and it made the game unplayable for me. which was a shame as all the added stuff outside the engine, taking your guy to the nets, starting age etc etc was great, I just literally despise spending anymore than 10 minutes playing it.

Scoring rates have dropped to a much more 'realistic' rate 2-4 rpo, Much harder to pierce the infield but its much more rewarding getting boundaries... i takes me forever to hit one ! Overall so far with these little 'updates' have made the game much better a little less arcadey when batting must play every ball on it's merit. More forgiving on defencive strokes but still can get out with it. much more balanced IMO. :)

No need. It's a different beast now and very playable. I've only played the game against the AI.
It's almost there.

I've played two innings of a 4 day match and what I've noticed:

1) Wickets do fly, it's lovely
2) Fielders are back walking again. Both mine and the AI.
3) I've seen one "new" edge which was a thick one that flew to about point with the AI batting. To be honest, it looked a little manufactured. Also it made the controller stop responding (may have been unrelated). I alt-tabbed out of the game and came back in, and it then worked. Phew, I had played for about 20 overs!
4) AI batsman are more defensive. They don't try to smack the 6th ball if the first 5 were dots. Very good!

Overall I've had a blast so far.

I have a question. I've just started a custom Australian tour to South Africa. It's fairly long, with 1 warmup, 3 tests, 3 ODIs and a 20/20. It will likely take a while to play.

If say version 1.14 comes out next week, at what point would the changes be implemented in my tour? During the same game? At all?

2) Fielders are back walking again. Both mine and the AI.

Yeah i've noticed that a few times but its a quicker walk than before like a light jog from playing, it mostly happens when the ball goes past in field and a fielder from the inner ring sprints after it the guy on the rope just jogs to it while the other guy still sprints.. I don't know if only 1 fielder can sprint after the ball i don't know.

If say version 1.14 comes out next week, at what point would the changes be implemented in my tour? During the same game? At all?

Gameplay updates take effect as soon as you load the game across all modes as far as I'm aware.

The square leg umpire no longer holds his arm out whilst viewing the field :clap
That was taken care in patch#2 itself...[DOUBLEPOST=1409937301][/DOUBLEPOST]
Which platform do you play??

I've only just noticed that the whole update with the ball carrying more to the slips also means that my 90mph balls are floating through to the keeper's gloves much more realistically now, and not bouncing two or three times along the way. I can't begin to say how much that used to annoy me - so much better!!! :D

I've only just noticed that the whole update with the ball carrying more to the slips also means that my 90mph balls are floating through to the keeper's gloves much more realistically now, and not bouncing two or three times along the way. I can't begin to say how much that used to annoy me - so much better!!! :D

Yes...the bouncers actually make me want to use the Leave button now and the carry to the keeper is far more realistic which is great. :)

I have a question. I've just started a custom Australian tour to South Africa. It's fairly long, with 1 warmup, 3 tests, 3 ODIs and a 20/20. It will likely take a while to play.

We try very hard to have games/tours to continue without restart. I'd expect that to be the case for all updates but can't promise it.

Ross will patch 3 allow us to change stadiums say if we are doing a T20 WC or a ODI WC, like in tours we can change stadiums! Would be a good addition to add..

Users who are viewing this thread