DBC14 PC Version 1.13

In fairness to developers, I don't think that statement holds up. Ross can probably attest to a number of fixes and changes that even Big Ant have made under the hood that maybe aren't fully appreciated or even noticed by fans here. And for major AAA games, things like your Titanfalls and Battlefields and Elder Scrolls and so forth, that would be situation normal I'd imagine.

Hmph. Seems that most of the 'changes' made by major companies are 'under the hood' - stuff that we either couldn't care less about or don't even notice at all, while the glaring issues that are pointed out day in day out in forums go unchanged.

Just saw another sliding fielder. No way would he have made the catch otherwise, but he just slid forwards and pouched it.

Just saw another sliding fielder. No way would he have made the catch otherwise, but he just slid forwards and pouched it.
That could be a case of the underlying physics/gameplay mechanics calculating a reasonable outcome, but the animations not quite being able to match up. Unfortunately, until you get foot planting, inverse kinematics, vast amounts of mo-cap etc, there will be situations where things will look a little bit off, particularly up close.

By the way... FIFA 15 demo day tomorrow :).

That could be a case of the underlying physics/gameplay mechanics calculating a reasonable outcome, but the animations not quite being able to match up. Unfortunately, until you get foot planting, inverse kinematics, vast amounts of mo-cap etc, there will be situations where things will look a little bit off, particularly up close.

This. @BigAntStudios has described a few times what is happening there. I have to say that they have worked so hard on the physics/animation disconnects that it barely bothers me anymore. Of course there are going to be isolated incidents of it happening in some situations, but that's inevitable due to the way the engine calculates the physics and renders the graphics - which has been hugely reduced in any case.

Fair enough.

And yeah, can't wait for the Fifa 15 demo! Not sure if it's midnight it comes out, or sometime tomorrow morning.

I think the animations are par - There will always be a few weird looking things here and there. When you do get the occasional weird thing it just adds to the charm.

Oh, and I'll be skipping FIFA this year: They've broken it this year and it will take a while to recover I suspect. Wait till you see the GKs! On the other hand, PES is playing really, REALLY well. Not played enough to call it market leader yet, but it's a massive leap in the right direction.

I think the animations are par - There will always be a few weird looking things here and there. When you do get the occasional weird thing it just adds to the charm.

Oh, and I'll be skipping FIFA this year: They've broken it this year and it will take a while to recover I suspect. Wait till you see the GKs! On the other hand, PES is playing really, REALLY well. Not played enough to call it market leader yet, but it's a massive leap in the right direction.
Yeah, in general the DBC animations are fairly good, particularly the batting and bowling animations. The fielding anims don't look very 'technically' correct a lot of the time and in general the fielding is the weakest aspect of the game imo. It's functional though - they catch the ball, and retrieve it effectively enough.

I haven't bothered keeping up to date with the FIFA/PES news this year that much... What I do know is that the PC version of PES 2015 is not the genuine version on par with the PS4/XB1, but more of a 'hybrid' of the 360/PS3 and XB1/PS4 version. That alone is a massive turn off, and I'll likely stick with FIFA this year if I buy either. The general consensus seems to be that the PES gameplay has gone more down the arcade route as well this year anyway... The only thing I really liked about PES was the more cerebral/tactical gameplay, and if that's gone... No point really.

At least with FIFA you get (a) the genuine version on PC, and (b) the slick presentation/SFX that FIFA tends to provide. If the gameplay is somewhat decent then I'll be happy.

Has anyone faced going through the bat bug after the patch??

BTW
40k Likes!!! Thanks so much guys - Console update is in the works, more news to follow soon.
:clap
Posted in Facebook

Has anyone faced going through the bat bug after the patch??

Yes a perfect forward defence and it went straight through the middle of the bat onto my stumps. only seen it happen once tho

Yes a perfect forward defence and it went straight through the middle of the bat onto my stumps. only seen it happen once though
That's good to hear....Hope that scenario has become close to nil...

That's good to hear....Hope that scenario has become close to nil...

I believe this is another graphics bug. The physics underneath says "Nope, you missed it", but the animation goes a bit skewiff so it goes through the bat.

I haven't seen it for a while, though, and it happened fairly rarely anyway.

I believe this is another graphics bug. The physics underneath says "Nope, you missed it", but the animation goes a bit skewiff so it goes through the bat.

I haven't seen it for a while, though, and it happened fairly rarely anyway.
Yeah it is but Ross is making changes to gameplay which is on top of the list but hope they do it in patch 3 mainly the halfway through the bat and coming out as catch...

Personally I feel that the game is great as it is. The small glitches that there still is lets you know you are playing a game. The batting is and bowling is rewarding. You have to work for your runs and work harder for your wickets, just like in actual cricket. What more do you want. There are laughs at some of the fielding animations, like the fielder running outside the boundary rope and diving forward to field the ball only to give you a four by touching the ball with his feet still outside the rope. Catches are being dropped, nicks occurred, I was caught at gully and the wicket keeper is not The Flash/Superman hybrid any more. You cannot even class this game in the same league as all other previous cricket games. My hat off to the guys at Big Ant and Ross, really brilliant game.

The post above has summed it up well.

On PC, the game has really taken Cricket simulation to another level. My early thoughts that this game would quickly become monotonous have been proved incorrect to a modest extent. These days, I only laugh at some of the player animations, but not so much at the game play engine. It is really solid after a few patches. Most truly game breaking bugs have been taken care of, except maybe a few occasions where the third umpire review decisions and run-out animations are questionable.

Even if they just improve some animations listed below, this is probably the best Cricket simulation game till date and for years to come in the world. Just fantastic. And the support post-release by such a small company should make many big-name brands hang their heads in shame.

1) Fielders running past the boundary lines
2) Fielders walking in a weird manner
3) Return throw from a nearby fielder animation
4) Batsman standing too close to the crease and his movements after a ball
5) Overall catching animations

Users who are viewing this thread