surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
What I do do is have the ai fielding change box unticked for a couple of balls till they have got an appropriate field and then check it....however I am playing hardcore.....no hud whatsoever and it really doesn't matter what field they set cos I am going out whatever they do!!! :p is great though: can highly rrecommend no hud whatsoever for batting and bowling; pure gameplay!

What is your batting cam?

francobaldo1

Fearsome tweak legend...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
@francobaldo1 thanks for the explanation, as I said, I do need to play more than one innings to see how the hack affects the overall balance. It was really good to see the stumps sent flying again...Dilley's dismissal of Wettimuny was particularly fine with a fast ball just shaping away enough to miss the bat and take out off-stump.

In your delving through the code do you have a clearer idea of how confidence affects the chance of an edge? I still don't quite understand how confidence works or what influences it but if there was some way that it could be used to determine the chance of a miss, rather than an edge, for balls that are aimed at the stumps it could remove the need for a slider. Just an idea...I really have not the first clue as to how you work your magic or what is possible here.

Anyway, thanks again for your efforts here...even though I've been enjoying DBC17 alot in its vanilla form, I can see me using your hack from now on.

so far what i understand is that confidence affects bowling quality, and this increases the chance to get and edge.
Of course a lot depends on the batsmen shot. Timing and footwork are used to check if you hit the ball, then if you hit
it will check if there is an edge based on the line error.
I'll try to improve the code as soon as possible, thanks for your suggestion.

francobaldo1

Fearsome tweak legend...
added version 0.20test (link in the first post)

-this is only to test if the hud disappear correctly when checking the field (with the custom cam).

@Dutch

Last edited:
D

Dutch

Sweet beautiful child o' mine.......you the feckin' man! Stunningly beautiful and utterly practical....Big Ant, hire this guy!

20170627001641_1.jpg

francobaldo1

Fearsome tweak legend...
Here a vid showing the great camera view: see the gaps in one panorama: great stuff Franco!!

nice, i thought that it probably wouldnt have worked. Tomorrow i'll try to make the first tools for the scenario editor, altough probably will
take 2 days. For scenario editor i mean the possibility to change score, wickets, day of play, sessions, confidence etc. of a game.
To do that it will use the simulation function of the game. Is not very practical but i'm very happy with result, cant stop playing ^^

jonah

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
That view without the HUD looks amazing, great stuff Franco

gunit123

County Cricketer
nice, i thought that it probably wouldnt have worked. Tomorrow i'll try to make the first tools for the scenario editor, altough probably will
take 2 days. For scenario editor i mean the possibility to change score, wickets, day of play, sessions, confidence etc. of a game.
To do that it will use the simulation function of the game. Is not very practical but i'm very happy with result, cant stop playing ^^

cc @BigAntStudios @MattW: THIS guy gets it... If only someone like @francobaldo1 worked for you guys.

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Can't wait for the bowling speed increment and magic bowl patch , great work franco , still no idea whats scenario editor gonna do?

Users who are viewing this thread