DBC17 Patch 3 Now Available on PS4/Xbox One

kishore_513

School Cricketer
While.getting the front foot to the pitch of the ball is gr8, how does the Backfoot play then work?

Following the rule of move L's where the ball is landing and ignoring the front or Backfoot play is working gr8, but its not totally satisfying.

Example...
Short of Good length balls on a hard pitch landing on the leg stump coming into the right hander.

Backfoot ON drive .....
Back foot glance

Front foot glance....

Sweep slog
Leg side Slog front foot..

Out of the above. Back foot on drive n glance are near to impossible in dbc17 which was possible in dbc14 with a proper animation.

I as a gamer, would prefer a gameplay with me choosing front or backfoot by judging the length correctly, not so much the feet direction. And a proper back foot play and animation. ( atleast same a dbc14).

Will try the modifiers options of foot movement.n post results.

For your example, Backfoot/frontfoot glance must be a possible playable shot in DBC 17, as far as I remember..

roop

School Cricketer
After patch 3 on console which fixed majority of the issues like batting shots, fielding 1 camera(running camera), spinners free to deliever wider delieveries, the game now really enjoyable
BUT field set for all still not working, which some how ruining the feel while playing because still we have to to change the field every other bowl and yes some time it works for full over but not always. @MattW just a question if we can have the option to delete all the field preset(specially the ones that have powerplay types like 2 fielder outside only) can it will solve the problem of AI having only two fielders outside half of the time in a match which makes easy to score?because after deleting all those we can make custome fields like having 5 or 4 fielders outside the circle and AI should be bind to have 2 players outside the cirlce only for powerplay not anything else.

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
Has anyone found that your personal attributes still don't go up after you level up? I leveled up twice and my cardio is still at 25 which is what I started with.

micgrech

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'd like someone from BA to have an opinion on this and maybe give some pointers. Or just change the batting back! I was going along ok before this patch, batting and bowling and really both seem very different now.

How about just a response .....think they have gone silent!

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
After patch 3 on console which fixed majority of the issues like batting shots, fielding 1 camera(running camera), spinners free to deliever wider delieveries, the game now really enjoyable
BUT field set for all still not working, which some how ruining the feel while playing because still we have to to change the field every other bowl and yes some time it works for full over but not always. @MattW just a question if we can have the option to delete all the field preset(specially the ones that have powerplay types like 2 fielder outside only) can it will solve the problem of AI having only two fielders outside half of the time in a match which makes easy to score?because after deleting all those we can make custome fields like having 5 or 4 fielders outside the circle and AI should be bind to have 2 players outside the cirlce only for powerplay not anything else.
Or at least edit them as the AI sets "defensive" field with 2 slips and 2 boundary riders?

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Has anyone found that your personal attributes still don't go up after you level up? I leveled up twice and my cardio is still at 25 which is what I started with.
They level up on different curves, some will go up slower than others.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
They level up on different curves, some will go up slower than others.
I assume this depends on the in game challenges u complete.....i have now been give a challenge to take 500+ wickets with my off spinner...what a mission this is going to be...

micgrech

Club Captain
The patch was released three days ago. How about waiting for them to collect real, rational feedback over a more extended period, rather than reactionary feedback based on limited experience?

Feedback.

How about test and see there are issues and if so delay the release to get things sorted before taking peoples money.

It has been six weeks atleast since release and its still in a poor state.

They have tried to fix things with a patch but even the patch was not tested.

Where is the accountability?

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I assume this depends on the in game challenges u complete
Not directly - in that the different challenges you finish won't change what particular attributes go up when you level - just that the CXP earned from those challenges will make you level faster.

grkrama

National Board President
Back foot on drive n glance are near to impossible in dbc17 which was possible in dbc14 with a proper animation.

just get in line with the ball, thats what you woul do in real life so footwork should correspond to the way the ball is travelling and getting close in terms of line. Just make sure to not try it on full deliveries.

Its a really indepth system spend time practicing in the academy and experimenting using the marker and trying to execute different shots it will give you a great idea of how the game plays. this is not a game thats going to give instant gratification, but reward you once you put a little time in. It is not hard at all.

The only thing i would say is observe your LS and RS movements in academy and the resulting shots. The game is really indepth nothing random about it just a lot more variables play a part now like Footwork LS, timing, Bat direction RS, delivery pace and angle, pitch variation etc. give it time, it would be a real shame if we lost this indepth batting gameplay because we dont give it time to tick.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Feedback.

How about test and see there are issues and if so delay the release to get things sorted before taking peoples money.

It has been six weeks atleast since release and its still in a poor state.

They have tried to fix things with a patch but even the patch was not tested.

Where is the accountability?

'Even the patch was not tested'.

Making statements like that is a good way to have people not take you seriously.

The accountability exists in them still posting here, engaging with the community and supporting the game post-release.

micgrech

Club Captain
'Even the patch was not tested'.

Making statements like that is a good way to have people not take you seriously.

The accountability exists in them still posting here, engaging with the community and supporting the game post-release.

So what....they tested but couldnt see that there were issues when a batsman took off for a run? Thats interesting!

I couldnt care less what people think. The fact is I spent my money on this game and its sub standard.

So where is Big Ant's response on here that they are aware that numerous consumers are not happy with the product that they went to market with?

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
So what....they tested but couldnt see that there were issues when a batsman took off for a run? Thats interesting!

I couldnt care less what people think. The fact is I spent my money on this game and its sub standard.

So where is Big Ant's response on here that they are aware that numerous consumers are not happy with the product that they went to market with?

Is the release of three patches not enough of a response? The fact they followed up with post-release support, does that not indicate they are aware of people being unhappy?

Users who are viewing this thread