Defending huge targets in 50 over matches..

Azza!

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned

I have a serious problem defending targets of 300 or even 400+ in 50 over matches. They shall always slog and I shall never take wickets.

My worst performance is below where Singha chased down the 420 runs I made with Zimbabwe. They won comfortably.

Does anyone have any tips for when teams are bound to come out firing?

Attachments

• jeez!.JPG
    jeez!.JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 69
  • oh dear...JPG
    oh dear...JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 70

Hamish

Club Cricketer
I have had this problem with the many teams i have managed. The trick is to rotate bowlers regularly and try out part timers, you never know who will get wickets...

Azza!

Club Cricketer
As in to interrupt the batsman's concentration?

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Also try not to bowl too defensively. As in stick to the 3 bars early days in the innings, chances are edges are going to occur so you'll want your slips. You can afford to concede a few runs at that stage, if it's all going wrong and runs are flying all over the place without wickets falling, only then against an in and set batsman should you drop the fields back, maybe even try keeping the 2-3 bars worth of aggression so the bowler is trying to get wickets but with a defensive field.

newzolt

Club Captain
I never had such problem.Try to ball at 3 bars and reserve you best bowlers for the dearth.

finalz

School Cricketer
have full bowling bowl the openers for 5 overs each... then bowl an allround(usualy i only have 1 in my team) and a spinner together and then bowl another pace bowler... then back to the first 2 bowlers and then whoever is left if they got tired
always bowl first... u can bat easly to chase a total... if u get forced to bat and u get a gd total follow that plan u should win 90% of the time

Users who are viewing this thread