Domain Registration?

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
I'm not sure what forum this belongs in but I'm looking for a cheap domain registrar (probably under $9 a year, but with the whistles such as managed DNS). I know I should have registered 15 domains when Yahoo! was doing it for $3 a year, but i didn't. So now I'm here.

My current web-host will give me 5 years for $45, but I'm looking for an even cheaper alternative for a new domain registration.

Thanks.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Yeah, they're selling at $9 from what I see. I found one called Mad Dog Domains that's $7 a year for .coms. I was wondering if there are any international ones that would come out cheaper when converting to US$.

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
go for www.domains.indiatimes.com . They offer as low as 399 rs per year, and i have bought my domain from them, its a good service and indirectly they sign it up on signdomains soyour control panel goes there. It has a good dns control panel with features like changing name servers. Its a good servicve and the plus point for indians is that they offer cash pickup in many citites and the biggest plus point is its directly in Rs.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Kshitiz_Indian said:
go for www.domains.indiatimes.com . They offer as low as 399 rs per year, and i have bought my domain from them, its a good service and indirectly they sign it up on signdomains soyour control panel goes there. It has a good dns control panel with features like changing name servers. Its a good servicve and the plus point for indians is that they offer cash pickup in many citites and the biggest plus point is its directly in Rs.
That's just a touch under $9 a year. My experience with Indian registrars in the past hasn't been pleasant--one went out of business and the other charges extra for almost anything I change apart from the whois info. Also, since I would be paying by Paypal, I'm guessing their processing fee would take the quote about $9. But, it may be a choice. Thanks!

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Kshitiz_Indian said:
No probns sohum, though in this case i am using my domain for 2 months without probs, nad they pciked up the cash straight from my home :)
Hmm. I used Pugmarks for exactly one year after which I rightly did not renew my domain. And I also used aalphanet for a couple of years, before realizing that they just weren't giving enough features for the price they charged. After moving to the US and realizing the magic of a bank account, I didn't renew with them (especially since Yahoo had $3 domains for sale!).

duffarama

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I and planetcricket use godaddy. Basically because they are one of the cheapest domain registrars on the market and they also provide extra services ontop of the normal DNS stuff.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Thanks for the suggestions. I went ahead and registered with GoDaddy for 5 years; it came out to $45.20. I couldn't use any coupon codes that I found on the internet because there was already a damn discount on the 5-year. In retrospect, if I was even slightly intelligent, I would have registered for 4 years and used a 10% or $10 discount code. Gosh I feel stupid.

D

Deleted member 11215

looks good might get some domains from there is the future :)

Users who are viewing this thread