Don Bradman 17 review - Buyers beware!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dutch

Dutch your kiwis are going well. Southee has got five. England on 300 odd all out on a dry one. Im loathe to stream it because i have to quit everytime a catch gets lobbed in the air in the interests of having a good match, but otherwise this is the most real ive seen on ai v ai.
oh darn are you streaming now? Oh wait I actually read your post...:p

Damiandolfan

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Very hard to understand as even prior to patch it didn't play as is being described. I'll have QA get in contact with you via PM to try and work through it.

We wouldn't have passed approvals of MS or Sony if it behaved as described.
Its buggy in career mode only for me

graham

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
My experience is crash reboot crash at the moment , still won't put me off , big ant will sort it .
Downloaded teams English county and they will not play just crashes .
downloading England team from Carson that causes crash but not when i download Australia it didn't!
A pommies thing perhaps lol

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

chaman82

County Cricketer
Everytime I go into the training ground and change some gameplay modifiers...Game crashes.
Many crashes also on various occasions...All the time reported with video screenshot option thru PS4.

Scott Clague

Club Cricketer
Is it true the 'Get Best' one button press to download best created teams isn't yet working? I'd be hesitant to begin a career without this option being available. As soon as I hear it is functioning I'll be buying this game!

Karachi

Associate Captain
- When I downloaded new teams from the academy, most of the names for both the teams and their players showed up as "censored", rendering them unusable, this also caused umpires to become censored, although I didnt download any

- Unless theres some weird setting im missing, the ball can only be hit in 5 specific directions, with about a 10 degree tolerance either side... Every ball i hit goes exactly in one of these 5 directions, no matter where I push the sticks, and refuses to go anywhere else... There are literally 45 degree gaps in the field in which it is impossible to hit the ball, cover drive anyone?

- Diving, everyone dives, ball coming at your chest, DIVE! Ball flying back to the wicket keeper, dont sidestep and catch the ball like a normal person... DIVE DIVE DIVE!!! This also renders runouts completely impossible 90% of the time, and can be taken advantage of when batting by running for 1 extra run every single time the ball goes into the outfield...

- Cricket shots!! What on gods green earth is with the weird cut shot out to deep point??? Never ever ever has any cricketer ever performed this monstrosity out here in reality...

- All cameras are absolutely god-awful and spaz out all over the place when running between wickets...

- The new field setting system is an absolute joke, why on gods green earth would I want to select a field without actually seeing what it is before choosing it???

- Similarly, why cant I change the preset fields that come with the game, or the preset field tactics??? You have made it very easy to select a bunch of useless fields that I will never use, and in doing so made it take longer for me to select a field that I actually want.... and as I cant remove field tactics from the preset field, I cant use this system to pick my own fields quickly...

- I had a catch dropped at mid-on while I was batting, it bounced about 15 meters out of the fielders hands toward another fielder at mid-off, I ran 4 runs, both fielders commiserated a dropped catch...

- It is entirely likely that every reverse sweep you miss will result in a stumping, with your back foot behind the line...

----------------

Seriously, this is unacceptable for a $30 game, let alone $100!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shame on you people for releasing such an expensive pile of refuse!!

To sum up this happy review, I leave you with the parting words of my wife, who now refuses to play this game with me, because its crap...

"Its like they fixed everything from DBC 14 but broke everything else"

WoW. Almost all the points I noticed in the game. I downloaded the 1.2 gig patch but it appears it brought in more problems (I think).

- Yest, batting is terrible
- Camera work is even worse
- Fielders are diving everywhere, even when passing the ball - especially the keeper
- Field placement is annoying
- I had a similar catch drop issue as well

- No stumping on the reverse sweep though. But I get caught 99% of the time on reverse sweep.

- While you are right about the cut shot in the game & reality, one batsman actually defies the textbook to actually perform this monstrosity = Younis Khan.

I think a lot of your grievances, pain & disappointment comes from your wife's rejection to ever indulge you in this game :D

bl8000

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Royce,

If you are on PS4 can you hit the share button and upload video of what you are seeing? You don't have to talk over the video or anything. We know from the first post the points you are making.

varunschuey

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Very hard to understand as even prior to patch it didn't play as is being described. I'll have QA get in contact with you via PM to try and work through it.

We wouldn't have passed approvals of MS or Sony if it behaved as described.

@BigAntStudios I am experiencing all of the issues that Royce has described. I downloaded the game off the US PSN store and it shows that I have v 0.1.01.0753 (11.042 GB). Kindly extend your assistance to look into my game instance like you are doing for Royce.

I am pretty reasonable and objective (you may remember some of my posts) and I was about to write a detailed review but Royce has summed up all the issues that I have encountered as well. Fingers crossed and hoping that I do not have the day one patch which may address all these, but if these issues have nothing to do with the patch....I would be flabbergasted to say the least, and would happily buy DBC 14 (played it on PS Now) instead of this. Kindly let me know if the swap/fix is possible or if I can get a refund.

Last edited:

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I belive there is no such issues that explained earlier as playing almost 10days and do not face such extra hyped negative impression as in first post.
Yes there are crashes/bugs and for that BigAnt working and sorting that out which shows great support from them.

If you are facing issues report that at bug thread so they will work on that to fix but if you want just write negative impression essays like such better to play other game AC13 or your favourite one.

don't foget my friend, BA has done in that game where EA refuses to continue so we must appreciate them along with giving them positive feedback.

varunschuey

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
These are fundamental showstoppers and not an ad-hoc crash or one bug. Having waited months to play this...I was unable to palate more than 2 hours of this game despite looking for positives.

I would love to support Bigant and even if this game had everything that DBC 14 had with even a 10% improvement overall, I would have been thrilled, but sadly it appears that there are fancy features introduced like Women's cricket and stadium creators while the ability to play even a cover drive has been taken away (along with all the issues Royce has described).

Like I said in my previous post....I would still support Bigant by swapping this game for DBC 14 (as I dont have a copy and only played it on PS Now) if they cannot fix this.

issue

Associate Captain
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Did you download the 1.2 gig patch?[DOUBLEPOST=1481888197][/DOUBLEPOST]

Mate, you know better than to post such drivel - give me a freakin' clue.

I will post the information in bus thread ,will look into bugs thread if its already reported Thanks!

outbreak

Club Captain
Ive had zero crashes on xbox one.

Had 2 bug outs where i was stuck down the non strikers end facing up and had to reload from the end of over save or just accept being bowled when im not facing.

With bugs though i buy nba2k every year on launch day and you can bet that has some bugs they just aren't as major because unlike cricket a small bug in nba won't ruin your innings.

A few of the other points mentioned i can see too, to me they sound exaggerated but maybe that's because i didn't expect a 2k or ea level game from this small dev team

Gameplay wise in having fun and the launch has been much smoother than the first dbc14. there's been afew little niggles or things i wished were different but nothing to stop me playing yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread