Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Ross, give us the system requirements to play this game in its full glory. Everything turned on, at Full HD and all eye candy. :p

Ross, give us the system requirements to play this game in its full glory. Everything turned on, at Full HD and all eye candy. :p

I totally agree, I hope I will get decent performance from it though.

My specs:
CPU :
Core i7-2630QM 4-Core 2.0GHz
GPU :
NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M
RAM :
12GB DDR3 667MHz

Saw this post on fb, posted by Troll Cricket... Looks nice, maybe if someone here're co-admins of pages like this, they can give some publicity to the game...

Attachments

• 942470_564173020285595_1498731160_n.jpg
    942470_564173020285595_1498731160_n.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 92
Just saw this " On PC, BAC 14 will require a controller. It does not support keyboard/mouse. "
Is it true ??
Courtesy "http://www.indianvideogamer.com/features/big-ant-studios-set-to-unveil-new-cricket-game-heres-everything-we-know-so-far/21477"

usBcdQ8.png

Hello Ross! Would it not be a good idea to show a few screenshots from the game that are not replays? I mean so far the video as well as all the screen shots (as far as I can tell) are from replays which may / will probably look much better than the actual in game gameplay graphics.
That would also help us to get a better idea as to the fluidity of the shots.
Ideally a video of the actual gameplay! :)
I understand these will come in due time, I meant is there anyway you could post atleast a couple of screenshots from the actual gameplay? Or have you already posted them without me realizing it?

Most screenshots are from moving the camera around while the game is playing. The replay system and game system use the same rendering engine in any case.

Most screenshots are from moving the camera around while the game is playing. The replay system and game system use the same rendering engine in any case.

Alright so basically most of the screenshots that we are saying is actual gameplay? I had two concerns, the first being that the actual graphics won't look as good once we play the game and secondly (this is still a concern) the fluidity of the animations. I suppose the only way for that concern to fade away would be thorugh a gameplay video but I still have my hopes up for the game! :) In any case I shall buy both, regardless of quality.

I have two more questions if you would be kind enough to answer:

1. How have you treated / incorporated swing in the game?

The EA games made the ball swing in the air but the ball would always land on the spot made by the bowler. essentially making swing just a visual thing with no gameplay ramifications.
The Brian Lara / Ashes cricket games used the moving cursor, whereby theoretically it affected gameplay but visually it basically looks like straight ball. And with the way batting is handled, it didn't really matter, coz you could hit the ball anywhere regardless of swing so again there wasn't much gameplay ramifications.
I am curious to know what approach have you taken? How have you made sure swing is an actual gameplay element within the game?

2. I am not a programmer / designer but I believe it would be very tricky for game developers to incorporate 360 degree batting while at the same time ensuring that outswingers from outside off stump aren't hit over midwicket for 6 or balls on leg stump aren't hit over point for 6.
The batting system should be such that if the player does not respect the line and length of a ball to a degree, there's an extremely good chance that he or she would get out.
I'm sure that is something that all developers look at when developing a cricket game but my question is whether that can be expected from Cricket 14?

Honest Answers Please! :p

Users who are viewing this thread