Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

bharathvn

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
....... via Cricket Australia and now with the "and more" comment but as a CONSUMER... the former doesn't affect me and the latter is clearly just silly, because it's not possibly true. Is that worth the battle to apologize for it, given the context of the statement? Not for me.

Its silly for us, the members of this ( or other) forum(s) because we know Ross, BigAnt and their product. but most of the kids and even hardcore cricket gaming fans who are not following DBC14 , take it seriously. Its very easy to think that it can not be silly if they are the words of the CEO who gave us the "best"(?) cricket game.
To me "and more" looks like a marketing gimmick. Its my personal opinion though.

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
:clap Go Biggs that is one excellent post there mate and I am not joking.
Agree with you 100% dude.
In my opinion Mike F has done so much wrong I don't care to much anymore, when I click on ashes 2013 forum on pc I always joke and say to myself, maybe a trailer or screens will be released:lol.
It's like a bad parent that fails at everything or the Bad Santa with Mike staring not billy bob thornton, maybe that's a little mean but you see my point.

Ross has been a champion and as Biggs said we wish him all the money in the world from this release and also a ass kicking online from me.:yes
PS Now counting the days till GTA 5 releases(Sorry MattW:p)
PS I will still buy ashes 2013 because it's a cricket game and for the future of cricket games and the hard work the programmers have done to try to finish the game plus Biggs and Ross I bet you are wondering how the game will turn out just like me.:spy

Hunbbel

Club Captain
bharathvn has a valid point.

Just wondering if this statement of Mike Fegan of having 'all the features of DBC'14 and more' can be challenged in a legal way, in order to compensate BA for any possible losses through misdirection and fraud? Not that I'm asking BA/Ross to do that, but ... you know, just wondering :rolleyes

Chief

Panel of Selectors
bharathvn has a valid point.

Just wondering if this statement of Mike Fegan of having 'all the features of DBC'14 and more' can be challenged in a legal way, in order to compensate BA for any possible losses through misdirection and fraud? Not that I'm asking BA/Ross to do that, but ... you know, just wondering :rolleyes

"Mr Simpson. This is the most blatant case of false advertising since my suit against the movie The Neverending Story."

kainkareswar

Club Cricketer
Everybody Is So Busy Asking Release Date For DBC 2014! No One Noticed That Ashes Cricket 2013 Is Taking Pre Orders With DBCs ScreenShot
MocNPHp.jpg

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Everybody Is So Busy Asking Release Date For DBC 2014! No One Noticed That Ashes Cricket 2013 Is Taking Pre Orders With DBCs ScreenShot
MocNPHp.jpg

Lol. Slight correction. THAT WEBSITE is taking pre-orders with a Big Ant screenshot...

Publishers don't take pre-orders. Retailers do. And sometimes they go about it pretty sloppy by the looks of things. :)

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yeah, no way that game has graphics that are on a level with our early Alpha build :noway :P

kainkareswar

Club Cricketer
Never Mind They Are Giving 10% Off And A Chance To Win GM Cricket Bat Worth Rs 1900 So I Think I'm Gonna Preorder For That Cricket Bat :lol

kasabian21

International Coach
It's also about glass houses and claims of moral superiority, out of all of it that's the bit that pisses me off the most - that and the idea that he tried to stop my game getting into your hands by misleading Cricket Australia.

Sorry....WHAT?!

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
lol - I use the term loosely, it was my money without an external publisher so there were no contracts with such terms, still isn't, our game was always going to be ready when it's ready, not ready on a date :)

Anyways, whatever we call it, it still looks better than what was to be released on June 21st or whatever might get served up later this year :spy

----------

Sorry....WHAT?!

Just a dirty tricks campaign that failed... desperate people, desperate things.

Chief

Panel of Selectors
lol - I use the term loosely, it was my money without an external publisher so there were no contracts with such terms, still isn't, our game was always going to be ready when it's ready, not ready on a date :)

Anyways, whatever we call it, it still looks better than what was to be released on June 21st or whatever might get served up later this year :spy

Heh. I'm not trolling: just genuinely interested, seeing as a lot of people have asked me what was with this...

So initially the game was announced in August 2010 as coming "Summer 2010" (presumably Australian summer to tie in with the Ashes series?)

Considering that gave 3 months or so till launch at the time, how far along was the game when it was announced? It must have been pretty much finished then. How much has changed? Was it other projects that came along subsequently which changed the time-frame, or has it been being refined since then?

Or was that TTC (apart from "Cricket like you've never seen before" there were no more details) and the full game stemmed from that?

madman981

Club Captain
Heh. I'm not trolling: just genuinely interested, seeing as a lot of people have asked me what was with this...

So initially the game was announced in August 2010 as coming "Summer 2010" (presumably Australian summer to tie in with the Ashes series?)

Considering that gave 3 months or so till launch at the time, how far along was the game when it was announced? It must have been pretty much finished then. How much has changed? Was it other projects that came along subsequently which changed the time-frame, or has it been being refined since then?

Or was that TTC (apart from "Cricket like you've never seen before" there were no more details) and the full game stemmed from that?

what exact game are you referring too chief, which game was announced in 2010 and supposebly released in summer 2010??

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
Both Cricket games were being developed since 2009 but slowly in between other projects. Given I had to fund it myself development has been as per cash flow. I had set aside money for licenses but spent it on development instead when 505 paid at least triple our bid :p

There are some here that met with us in early 2010 and at the AFL launches of that year that saw it and also spoke with me about it at those events.

I hope questions cut both ways - those screenshots match the Vine identically, and I mean when you line them up the players are in identical positions and poses - when were they taken?

madman981

Club Captain
damn, a cynical man could say that your game has been delayed by 3 years...

I wouldnt say that, but a cynical man could, especially if "released summer 2010" was an official statement by someone??

anyways just ignore me, I am frustrated at no release date so i am going to put myself on a ban from this website for awhile and return when i get a facebook notification that a release date has been set

Love ya work ross, cant wait to get my hands on career mode and post all the wonderful stories, the mancave and Jim Beam will get a work out this summer on DBC14 for sure

Good Luck

Users who are viewing this thread