Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Came across this 'Disclaimer' on the Cricket Captain site;

Childish Things 2014 - support

I can't make heads nor tails out of this jibber jabber but it seems they are well aware of the legal issues.

In plain English it says "There are certain materials that people own, we have not licensed any of those materials at all, please don't serve us a writ as we have no defence to any action you might bring".

Unfortunately it's a non-defensible position in its current form, if I could think of a legal argument as to make it defensible for them then I would share it as I wish them well.

Unfortunately it's a non-defensible position in its current form, if I could think of a legal argument as to make it defensible for them then I would share it as I wish them well.
It seems to echo the DMCA takedown style of putting the onus on the rights holders to request removal of their data. And as you know, just putting 'contact us to get your stuff removed' makes a website perfectly legitimate, so it must work for games.

The EA games up until 2005 and Codemasters games up until 99 seem to all take that same approach of including them anyway, just having a disclaimer about not being endorsed by those players.

Given the financial situation most cricket games seem to find themselves in, I struggle to see where the boards think the big piles of money are waiting for them.

Much as I think that "This game is not endorsed by any sporting organisation, competition, club, stadium or player." is a reasonable stab at being up-front... the fact that it is displayed on a background picture of Lord's, where they've photoshopped all the ad boards to have their logos on them, is probably not the way to respect that. :)

I think DMCA would probably cover digital stuff - there is clearly the ability to remove content if requested. And sales are probably low enough (especially when you consider that presumably they are victims of the same sort of piracy as DBC) that there would be no objections.

It's not necessarily about anyone wanting "big piles of money" for their IP by the way. Yes, people want a fair cut of any profits that people might make off their IP, but usually it is more about being able to control HOW that IP is being used. Having a degree of approval over it.

''Don't worry guys, I've got it...''

eFbw2K0.png

RF1HsnF.png

not really nothing can be done about it and he will fool people and get a few sales too.The law here still blatantly looks away to digital piracy, leave of shoddy streets, legitimate stores are really hard to find, i have to go to a well known multiplex 40 mins from my place to get legitimate copies[that and another landmark shop are the only to places where i can find games afaik], the funny thing is the same place bus stop near the multiplex has all sorts of digital pirated stuff in small shops, lined up hawking in broad daylight with police patrols collecting bribes. nothing can be done, a lot of people will think these are original ones and often pay more than original ones too. Its a deep rooted prob that's not limited to games.

Last edited:
This appears fake. Because hitting six of every ball for 115 overs generates a score of only 4,140. Extras are not a possibility since all the 6900 runs are scores by batsmen.

End of Day 1 in my Mega Test maximum challenge... Play has been going on continuously from midnight until 1:30pm and here is the current scorecard;

9CB529862D481673BE3FE856C4E71E42BA9EABCE

Only 115 of the scheduled 200 overs were played... If this is the same for the remaining days then the revised maximum total will be 34,500 runs.

This appears fake. Because hitting six of every ball for 115 overs generates a score of only 4,140. Extras are not a possibility since all the 6900 runs are scores by batsmen.

Runs scored from extras are credited to the batsman, but I agree that the penalty runs aren't.

I'd certainly be interested to see the extras column though. @Madman can you show this? Just to prove beyond doubt that they are all earned runs :D

As @grkrama said, you can also change the number of balls per over.

@ineedikanth @inertSpark - It's not fake, it's 10 ball overs which can be set in the 'Match Type Designer'... I'm up at about 12,000 runs now and I'm nearing the end of Day 2.

I'm not at the computer I have DBC on right now but when I get the chance tomorrow I can post screenshots/videos of anything you wish for proof it's real :p. There have actually been no extras at all, not a single no ball in over 2000 deliveries.

A few comments from me:

The ball doesn't seem to carry to the wicket keeper very well, even on bouncy pitches and the AI seem too keen on late cutting fast bowlers - surely that's not something that's often done in real cricket? It would be good if Big Ant had a look at the above.

On some pitches with highly rated bowlers the ball seems to carry quite well, although on ones with less bounce the keeper is often taking the ball on the bounce or at his shins. Being able to move the keeper closer to the stumps would help here.

Agreed on the AI playing the late cut too often... Yorker on middle and leg? Late cut...

Yeah the first match I played I fielded for 20 overs just to get a feel for the game and the AI was out late cutting balls on the stumps twice.

Users who are viewing this thread