Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies after patch 2 [PS3/360]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Xbox crashing when saving....

This might be pure coincidence but after not touching the game for a few days due to not being able to continue my existing career without the game crashing during saves I just had another try.

I plugged a new blank USB stick into my (old style) Xbox and was going to use it for saving. Prompted to format it - had to quit game - and did that.

Anyway...game then had to restart but I instantly forgot I was meaning to use the memory stick for saves and just chose my hard drive as normal. Left the stick in the USB port.

Long and short of it is that I just played using my existing career player for an hour or so and there were no problems saving - unheard of for me since Patch 2.

So is it possible that somehow having a memory stick in the USB port but not actually using it could somehow prevent the crashes ? Know it sounds random but that's the only thing I've done differently tonight and previously my career game would crash without fail every time I saved.

That's why this is so hard for us to find, there are so many times that something seemingly unrelated makes the thing work.

From our side we are simply telling the OS to save a file and then load a file, it's the same code on PC, PS3, Xbox, it's not specific to any platform. The Xbox OS is performing this write to disk on the vast majority of machines, but obviously not some of them.

So far we have managed to get a save file from TheMug and graft that onto a development save. It does not crash the Development kits and of course we can't run development code on a Retail unit. We are disassembling what the differences in code is between pre and post patch#2 to see if we think there are any differences of any significance. It's a bit difficult when the code is a simple openfile(), write(), close() at the source code level.

Anyway, we continue to bang our heads against many walls and we will get there for sure but there is no ETA.

That's why this is so hard for us to find, there are so many times that something seemingly unrelated makes the thing work.

From our side we are simply telling the OS to save a file and then load a file, it's the same code on PC, PS3, Xbox, it's not specific to any platform. The Xbox OS is performing this write to disk on the vast majority of machines, but obviously not some of them.

So far we have managed to get a save file from TheMug and graft that onto a development save. It does not crash the Development kits and of course we can't run development code on a Retail unit. We are disassembling what the differences in code is between pre and post patch#2 to see if we think there are any differences of any significance. It's a bit difficult when the code is a simple openfile(), write(), close() at the source code level.

Anyway, we continue to bang our heads against many walls and we will get there for sure but there is no ETA.
Is TheMug's save file a .sav? As I have tried to send mine to HBK. I'll happily upload here if needbe

Could it be possible (not necessarily likely), that an Xbox firmware update could come along at some time which would end up solving this problem at that end?

What is the minimum required netspeed-to play online match- my net speed is d/upload-100kpbs-is it sufficient to play on line quick match?please clarify-

thanks in advance

Good day all

@Ross, just wanted to confirm if you have managed to pick-up / identify some of the frame rate issues mentioned in previous posts.

My apologies if it has been dealt with, tried to read through most posts but not seeing anything.

Regards

B

Mode: Tour
Match Type: t20 warm up
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): 2nd over first innings
Ground: Lancashire (i think?)
Teams: My club team vs Ireland
Get Best: Downloaded teams individually
Description of Issue:
AI batsman lofts ball down the ground for 4, mid on chases and stops when the ball goes over the boundary before doing a strange backwards jog. Ball just sits there over the boundary rope while the AI batsmen continue to run. I can still press start to go to the menu etc but can't run a replay or hawkeye etc to move to the next ball (it says they have been cued so that part is still responding).

I wait for about 3 minutes with the camera focused on the ball over the boundary and the AI batsmen continuing to run back and forth (I don't know how many they ran because the score doesn't tick over until the delivery is "complete"). Eventually had to hit the PS button and exit the game.

just following up on what @Mattyt said about changing batteries in wireless controller. i hadn't saved in about week and my batteries were nearly dead so I changed them to brand new ones and it saved twice without fail. Not sure if there is a link there. Does anyone with the save issue on xbox play with a wired controller? or if anyone that has both wired and wireless controllers that gets the issue swap to different controller just to see if that makes a difference.

Re: Xbox crashing when saving....

This might be pure coincidence but after not touching the game for a few days due to not being able to continue my existing career without the game crashing during saves I just had another try.

I plugged a new blank USB stick into my (old style) Xbox and was going to use it for saving. Prompted to format it - had to quit game - and did that.

Anyway...game then had to restart but I instantly forgot I was meaning to use the memory stick for saves and just chose my hard drive as normal. Left the stick in the USB port.

Long and short of it is that I just played using my existing career player for an hour or so and there were no problems saving - unheard of for me since Patch 2.

So is it possible that somehow having a memory stick in the USB port but not actually using it could somehow prevent the crashes ? Know it sounds random but that's the only thing I've done differently tonight and previously my career game would crash without fail every time I saved.

tried with and without memory stick and no difference, still wouldn't save correctly

just following up on what @Mattyt said about changing batteries in wireless controller. i hadn't saved in about week and my batteries were nearly dead so I changed them to brand new ones and it saved twice without fail. Not sure if there is a link there. Does anyone with the save issue on xbox play with a wired controller? or if anyone that has both wired and wireless controllers that gets the issue swap to different controller just to see if that makes a difference.

I use a wired controller all the time and I get save issue almost without fail

Wired controller here too

This is the second time this has happened.
I appeal for a catch, after a play and miss, but there is no cut scene of the umpire raising the finger. The players celebrate though and gather in the middle as if waiting for a new batsman to come out, but nothing happens and the game is essentially stuck.

It is ever so frustrating not being able to play the 360 version :( I'm not in a position where I can go out and buy a new xbox either. But hopefully thanks to TheMug we will soon be able to play it finally.

It is ever so frustrating not being able to play the 360 version :( I'm not in a position where I can go out and buy a new xbox either. But hopefully thanks to TheMug we will soon be able to play it finally.

We believe, fingers crossed, that we have TheMugs profile running on one of our boxes and it crashes. It's not a great leap forward but it's something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread