Don Bradman Cricket 17 General Discussion

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
What do you mean 'no fun'? It's lots of fun. I thought it was buggy to start with but have come to enjoy the slightly unpredictable running...it's almost a mini-game.

I suspect that your personal favourite is the one where the batsman completes his run , waits in the crease , and at the perfect moment sets off for a suicide run moments before the returning

throw clatters into the stumps....[DOUBLEPOST=1486741299][/DOUBLEPOST]
had run through forums but no luck

question can 4 friends play together online (none are at the same house)
meaning 2 friends team up vs 2 friends for an online game against each other

No its still the same as in DBC14 , maximum of 2 machines .

PS. When are you joining my SA League Boet ????

BittuGamz

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I am playing offline two player competition with my friend and set the batting and bowling difficult to hardest. In game I see the match difficulty as pro. Does match difficulty affect our gameplay or is it only for AI?

scottycollo

School Cricketer
Hi all really enjoying the game since patch three having more faith in it note crashing makes me enjoy it more. Quick question about batting. Do you set your footplacement first when you see the coloured circle from the bowler with the L pad and try and time the shot with the R pad? or do you try and press them together at the same time to time the shot? Stuck at the moment the best technique. Thanks
Scott

grkrama

National Board President
Hi all really enjoying the game since patch three having more faith in it note crashing makes me enjoy it more. Quick question about batting. Do you set your footplacement first when you see the coloured circle from the bowler with the L pad and try and time the shot with the R pad? or do you try and press them together at the same time to time the shot? Stuck at the moment the best technique. Thanks
Scott
try both and see what works best for you, personally i go with footwork first and timing second.

scottycollo

School Cricketer
Thanks grkrama also on the timing front do you play front foot shoots earlier then back food shots? I think a large part of batting in this game is timing, have had to take the difficult level down to amateur and easiest. Not proud of that but I am enjoying the game more.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
What do you mean 'no fun'? It's lots of fun. I thought it was buggy to start with but have come to enjoy the slightly unpredictable running...it's almost a mini-game.

I've had examples of one batsman nearly lapping the other. The lack of synchronisation is as you say decent, but the current actuality is very suboptimal to put it mildly.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I think the time frame is around a month from a week ago possibly two so looking at another couple of weeks.

I don't recall Big Ant committing to Patch 4 timeline. Did I miss something or it's your opinion?

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
had run through forums but no luck

question can 4 friends play together online (none are at the same house)
meaning 2 friends team up vs 2 friends for an online game against each other
the online part is peer to peer, meaning 1 machine vs 1 machine, so to play 4 player you must have 2 on one machine and 2 on another, not 4 people on 4 machines, that won't work. (I speak under correction but thats my logic anyway)

gunit123

County Cricketer
the online part is peer to peer, meaning 1 machine vs 1 machine, so to play 4 player you must have 2 on one machine and 2 on another, not 4 people on 4 machines, that won't work. (I speak under correction but thats my logic anyway)

Bit disappointing to see no new additions to online in general - 2v2 online would have been amazing.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Bit disappointing to see no new additions to online in general - 2v2 online would have been amazing.
seeing that the online play is not done by game servers but is peer to peer, how the heck do you thing 4 machine vs 4 machines is going to work? (granted I know nothing about programming this at all, but I don't know that this is even possible without a game server)

gunit123

County Cricketer
seeing that the online play is not done by game servers but is peer to peer, how the heck do you thing 4 machine vs 4 machines is going to work? (granted I know nothing about programming this at all, but I don't know that this is even possible without a game server)

Like you, I have no knowledge on how it would work. Maybe they could have used servers like other sport game titles?

I was also talking in general, as there has literally been no changes to the online mode.

Users who are viewing this thread