Don Bradman Cricket 17 General Discussion

D

Deleted member 46200

Thanks a lot. You're a peach.

Thanks all for the info. I'm not caught up with all the info so I appreciate my fellow cric peeps looking out for me.
Best[DOUBLEPOST=1488332544][/DOUBLEPOST]
@christy_lenin1 Appreciate you too

I appreciate just about everyone. Peach...? You saying I'm fat and round (lol) I know I'm sweet?

laxsidd

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi All. I tried my best to search within the forum for this topic but couldnt find the response.

I've been having a relatively sub-par gameplay experience, as compared to the descriptions of my peers, with DBC17 over PC (purchased over steam).

A few Examples:

- Extremely few slow-mo catch opportunities- Only 3 opportunities over 150+ overs of bowling on Medium / Veteran (Casual and Career matches). None back to the bowler.
- Timing Issues when Batsman – Perfectly timed (all greens) shots mostly result in getting beaten, or out and mis-timed shots to fielders.
- Extremely few edges – with both fast bowlers and spinners.

Based on some of the feedback I’ve been hearing, thought I’d maybe reset the game on my PC deleting all the downloaded data (undoing the Get Best) to see if the gameplay changes.

If this has already been addressed, would be great if someone could point me to this.

Thanks in advance.

Nathaus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Hi All. I tried my best to search within the forum for this topic but couldnt find the response.

I've been having a relatively sub-par gameplay experience, as compared to the descriptions of my peers, with DBC17 over PC (purchased over steam).

A few Examples:

- Extremely few slow-mo catch opportunities- Only 3 opportunities over 150+ overs of bowling on Medium / Veteran (Casual and Career matches). None back to the bowler.
- Timing Issues when Batsman – Perfectly timed (all greens) shots mostly result in getting beaten, or out and mis-timed shots to fielders.

Based on some of the feedback I’ve been hearing, thought I’d maybe reset the game on my PC deleting all the downloaded data (undoing the Get Best) to see if the gameplay changes.

If this has already been addressed, would be great if someone could point me to this.

Thanks in advance.

I've never done get best or downloaded any custom stuff so based on my experience a refresh won't do you any favours for:
1) I have had 1 slow mo catch in 3 years of career. Needless to say I fluffed it. I think it's more likely to occur for you in casual matches where you control every player. I think it might increase in career as you increase your players catching ability (and pobably turn off fielding assistance I guess.
2) The timing indicator is broken. You need to basically play your shot a) just as it's released against fast bowlers; b) at the top of the flight against spinners. It took me a LONG time to work this out but now I hit far more 4's and 6's (and get out less!).
3) I can't help you much here. I get a lot of edges both bowling and batting, I play PRO/MED/MED.

Hope this helps.

j4884

School Cricketer
I play as a leg spinner in my career. We can increase the skill points for special delivery after each career game. I want to know what is the "special delivery" for a leg spinner? Is it the googly or slider or the top spinner?

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
laxsidd[SIZE=4] said:
[/SIZE]Hi All. I tried my best to search within the forum for this topic but couldnt find the response.

A few Examples:

Thanks in advance.
/QUOTE]

I've never done get best or downloaded any custom stuff so based on my experience a refresh won't do you any favours for:
1) I have had 1 slow mo catch in 3 years of career. Needless to say I fluffed it. I think it's more likely to occur for you in casual matches where you control every player. I think it might increase in career as you increase your players catching ability (and pobably turn off fielding assistance I guess.
2) The timing indicator is broken. You need to basically play your shot a) just as it's released against fast bowlers; b) at the top of the flight against spinners. It took me a LONG time to work this out but now I hit far more 4's and 6's (and get out less!).
3) I can't help you much here. I get a lot of edges both bowling and batting, I play PRO/MED/MED.

Hope this helps.

My experience:
I has had to redownload custom data 3 times now because my Logo Limit is full....hope this gets addressed, but have not noticed gameplay changes before and after re-downloads of data.
1) Way fewer re-flex catches post patch 3, I did hoever have 3 in one ODI vs AUS in Career recently (2 to keeper, 1 to slip), the bowler's fielding seems to have been muted.... you can get a catch back to him but rarely occurs these days.
2) Agree with @Slow and Steady the timing indicator is broken, have turned them all off ages ago, trust your eyes and practice alot, timing and shot play gets way better the longer your career develops.
3) I have not notice fewer edges post patch 3, I am getting regular (well regular is subjective I suppose - I feel I am getting enough edges based on how I am bowling) edges, especially online play (however there seems to be some disparity as to gameplay online vs offline!)

I used to play PRO/MED/MED but moved up to PRO/HIGHEST/HIGHEST as I need the practice for online where I am playing LEGEND :(

Late-Cut

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I play as a leg spinner in my career. We can increase the skill points for special delivery after each career game. I want to know what is the "special delivery" for a leg spinner? Is it the googly or slider or the top spinner?
Googly

jaffar100

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I am come across selection difficulty in career mode , I have set to NORMAL .

How does that help can anyone explain?

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
I am come across selection difficulty in career mode , I have set to NORMAL .

How does that help can anyone explain?
thats how difficult it is to get selected based on your performance, ie EASY you can make rubbish scores and probably get selected to next level quite fast...

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
Just testing out the IPL teams with some AI vs AI encounters. Accidentally had Eoin Morgan (Bowling rating - 0) set as the first bowler for Kings XI Punjab. Of course, he took a hat-trick. Seriously, what the hell? :lol

Late-Cut

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
Just testing out the IPL teams with some AI vs AI encounters. Accidentally had Eoin Morgan (Bowling rating - 0) set as the first bowler for Kings XI Punjab. Of course, he took a hat-trick. Seriously, what the hell? :lol
I wonder how effective are the skill points.

jaffar100

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Sometimes wonder will happen like sachin used to bowl some unexpected spells...need to see if this happens consistently

D

Deleted member 46200

Trying to be positive I would suggest it's luck and pure chance however, one sniffs deception and continuous problems.[DOUBLEPOST=1488580192][/DOUBLEPOST]
Probably not all that...

Cloud Starkman

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Not very effective the batting skills of AI batsman I think don't really do much for example I have David Gower in England team I'm playing against who has a batting skill of 90 yet he has made 81 runs in 8 innings with a highest score of 21 also have G MILLER who has a batting skill of 52 and has made 324 runs in 8 innings with a highest score of 94 so I dont think the numbers of each player really have an effect I'm going to start messing about with the brute conservative settings to see what happens

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I appreciate just about everyone. Peach...? You saying I'm fat and round (lol) I know I'm sweet?

haha, peaches are universally liked either way. But thank you for the reply. It was indeed peachy of you.

EDIT: Appreciate a space where I can talk about cricket with level headed people, especially living in a country where cricket as a sport is not on the radar. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread