Dredt: MORPG in the works!

ArcherMcKinley

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Summary

Dredt is a strategical MORPG that I have planned to create, with a couple of friends. Unity3D is the game engine that I will be using to create the game, along with artwork/models/animation created using Blender.
Why this thread? Well, primarily to ask for help. Game creation is never easy and often takes up lengthy periods of time. Any sort-of assistance will really help in easing the load of the three sole members of the team and also get things done quicker.

Hello

You have learnt the purpose of this thread from the summary. So I'll just proceed to list down the possibilities in you helping.

Programming: Unity3D makes use of scripting from Java, C# and Boo. Anybody with experience in either of these languages will be very helpful.

Art: Blender. That's the program that we'll be using to create our models and artwork. But if you have experience in 3D modeling with any other programs - that should be enough.

Design and structure: Right. This is a field where someone highly creative will be required. Apart from laying out the basic design functionality and conceptual structure of the game - you'll also have to write a story for it.

Sound: We'd like someone professional to create sounds for our game.

--

We can negotiate some sort-of compensation.

Plans and targets thus far

#Strategical MORPG game, set in the future. Usage of mechanical elements(like Robots) a high possibility.

#Successfully release and publish the game under a commercially marketable production name.
#Gain profits up-to/around 20, 000$

Oh, and there is no deadline.

Developers

Archer McKinley- Programming
Harsh "Jetly" Rana- Art
Mohammad Abdul Samad- Art

Contact

Anybody who is interested can reach me through the forums(by commenting or privately messaging me), email or msn.

Forums: ArcherMcKinley
Email: [email protected]
Msn: [email protected]

Post Script! I couldn't find a more suitable section of the forums for a thread like this. If I have posted in the wrong place, kindly move it to the appropriate location.

Last edited:

swacker

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
If you are looking for java, Ardor3D and jmonkeyengine is coming along nicely.

ArcherMcKinley

School Cricketer
If you are looking for java, Ardor3D and jmonkeyengine is coming along nicely.

I had a look at both and though I'm impressed, I feel Unity3D is far more advanced and capable. Unity3D 's ability to export content to a multitude of platforms alone is something that draws me to it instantly.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
I'd be more than happy to help a little with the direction of the story/plot/characters etc...

Apparently I'm pretty good at it.

Thing is, what sort of world are you intending to create? Is there a meaning to it? Is it allegorical? Is there a message and a story to what you are doing, or is the gameplay the key? Does the gameplay create the story, or the story the game?

ArcherMcKinley

School Cricketer
I'd be more than happy to help a little with the direction of the story/plot/characters etc...

Apparently I'm pretty good at it.

Thing is, what sort of world are you intending to create? Is there a meaning to it? Is it allegorical? Is there a message and a story to what you are doing, or is the gameplay the key? Does the gameplay create the story, or the story the game?

Firstly, thank you for showing interest.

We were planning to create a futuristic world, so a-lot of key elements are going to be imaginary. I'm still undecided on how the gameplay is going to be but I was hoping you could solve that.
I generally tend to work better when I know what exactly needs to be done.

Let me bring you up-to date with what we've decided so far.

For starters, we were planning to create a large map with ten differently colored territories. Each player controls a territory. Player X builds up his army(?) from available resources and once that's done - he can attack his competitors.

Notice the word planning? You see, we're still undecided. So that's the reason why I thought that someone like you would be very helpful.

Can you determine the time you're online everyday? Will you be seeking some sort-of compensation, apart from being included as one of the creators?

You can privately message me on the forums in reply.

ArcherMcKinley

School Cricketer
Can you arrange a test series with your opponents instead of attacking them? ;)

You know... that's not a bad idea. :lol

On a more serious note, we've still not decided how to go about with the game-play. I'm waiting for puddleduck to give some sort-of confirmation on his position, so we can meet up and sort this all out.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
haha, that reminds me of Sartaj's World War III league :p

Anyway, good luck with this game. Hopefully you can release it sometime in the future and it seems like it will be an interesting game so I might get it :p

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
wow i am also creating a game using the software UDK. I think it is better than Unity3D. What is the progress of your game

Users who are viewing this thread