Editing International Cricket Captain (General Thread)

Chewie

BCCI President
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Due to the lack of official ways of editing, now that the game has been released should we start trying to edit using artmoney?

The one thing that we have always been able to edit is the budget, and that's no difference on this version. Shall we now try edit the people? I'm going to start looking into this.

(I don't normally 'edit' the players, rather I like to be able to do this because I can see who is better than others.)

Edit:

The Official List of Things We Can Edit

- Team finances
- Batting Ability (70 bytes)
- Off/Leg Preference (68)
- Other Batting Preference (77)
- Nationality (25)
- Contract Length (29)
- Date of Birth (17-20)
- Wicketkeeper/Hand (86)
- Bowling Ability (1734)
- Bowling Type (1742)
- Player Type (105)
- Injury Type (109)
- Injury Length (113)
- England Contract (265)
- Salary (33)
- Salary Demands (37)

Last edited:

Chewie

BCCI President
How do you know? All the data will probably be in different spaces. And I tried using the good old artmoney method to find players using the spreadsheet but couldn't get it to work :S

Hitterman

International Coach
I have cracked few offsets of small things but I am working on the database thing. It needs to be decrypted I suppose.

Shri

Club Cricketer
I have cracked few offsets of small things but I am working on the database thing. It needs to be decrypted I suppose.
Can you tell us what you have found so far in a tutorial? Thanks.

Fe98

County Cricketer
Haven't gotten around to the new game yet so I have no idea if anything has changed (I imagine there would be changes though). It may be two to three weeks before I get a chance to mess about with it. What would be good though is to gather any info we discover and keep them in the first post (of this thread, or any other, really) so it'll be easier to find.

If anyone wants the source code for the 2008 editor PM me.

@ Hitterman: Is that real time you're talking about, or a savegame?

Hitterman

International Coach
Is that real time you're talking about, or a savegame?
About the savegame and the database file. PUB files are really irritating.

Can you tell us what you have found so far in a tutorial? Thanks.
I am currently testing some of those. Maximum are not giving any results but one or two made some changes. My brain is already busted. I think Colin or Kshitiz must bring their hand here.

lasanyk

School Cricketer
Hey can any one of you be kind enough to let me know where i can download this game?
thank you.

Chewie

BCCI President
The Childish Things website is where to go. And I don't mind updating the first post with what we've found.

Crew of Black

Club Cricketer
I don't know about you guys, but I downloaded the 2 day trial and tried the 2008 editor on it out of curiosity, I found it still worked with this version, though it is a bit glitchy as every player I edited after the 1st one take the same player type as the first guy I edited, also the bowling ability is always at level 1, 320 whenever you open the editor up and the bowlers all have left arm bowling styles.

I don't know if it means much, because for some reason my editor worked perfectly fine for 8.14 version of 08 without having to copy an unpatched version of cricket.exe.

Unfortunately thats as much info I can give you, because i'm not really that skilled when it comes to the programing.

Sriram_G

School Cricketer
I've found I can edit batting levels, nationality and birthdays easily using ArtMoney. Have no clue where the bowling levels are, there's nothing near line 80 or thereabouts.

Hitterman

International Coach
What we can do is we can try cracking the offsets and can assemble in the first post. Then at the end we will be able to make an Editor.

Chewie

BCCI President
Fe just wants us to find which data has moved position from the last round. Like is batting ability still so many bytes from the beginning of the player data, etc.

Shri

Club Cricketer
I've found I can edit batting levels, nationality and birthdays easily using ArtMoney. Have no clue where the bowling levels are, there's nothing near line 80 or thereabouts.
How? Please do tell us.

NYY

School Cricketer

Please explain.

Users who are viewing this thread